Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

I learned from Ghosts that the PC version just has too few players to make the purchase worthwhile. I'll probably end up getting it for PS4 which will probably have 10x the players of the PC version. Very important in a matchmaking based MP.

Probably because most PC gamers realize the series is terrible and their hasn't been a good game since COD4 almost 7 years ago when Bush was still in office. How anyone still buys this garbage is mind boggling to me.

I been saying that for years. I dont understand why people continue to buy this trash

Lazy devs once again

55GB install? :eek:

I haven't played a CoD game since Black Ops 1 and am somewhat wanting this to be good so I can get back into it

I'll wait for reviews, likely upgrading my PC for this title... looking to put in about 14 hours a week into this one, looked through the titles out and this is worth the wait... hopefully... last few CODs sucked. Ghosts was recycled garbage.

I'm not trying to threadcrap here, believe me, but there's barely any real assumption the series is going to not suck with this one, yet you're going to put 14 hours a week into this AND upgrade your rig just for this particular game? I might not be trolling, but I think we're all getting trolled here.

55GB install? :eek:

I haven't played a CoD game since Black Ops 1 and am somewhat wanting this to be good so I can get back into it

Why even bother to assume it might even have a sliver of a chance of being good? It's got no real difference in terms of substance from the others, and it'll eat your hard drive space to boot. :(

I sure miss CoD1. :(

Why even bother to assume it might even have a sliver of a chance of being good? It's going to suck, and it'll eat your hard drive space to boot. :(

reason to believe this might have a chance of being good...a new developer (Sledgehammer Games) might be the thing to reinvigorate this franchise

bid to fend off illegal downloading.
Hell half the pc games are blank...you put in the disk and it downloads everything off the net.
So whats to save?

Game developers are releasing their games uncompressed in a bid to fend off illegal downloading. The logic is, make the game so big that pirates become uninterested.

I assume they mean for consoles pirating? Its silly for PCs

I assume they mean for consoles pirating? Its silly for PCs

I don't know. It is silly though. People will get the game illegally regardless. In the mean time were all going to have to deal with these humongous space invaders.

My little 128GB SSD feels like a little worm on a big F*#'n Hook! :(

bid to fend off illegal downloading.
Hell half the pc games are blank...you put in the disk and it downloads everything off the net.
So whats to save?

Why would someone download a MP based game that cant play the MP? Surely no one gets COD for the terrible single-player experience.

Why do so many post in this thread just to shit on the game and franchise?

Surely those of us that like to play it shouldn't harassed, not that I care that much anyway.

Black Ops 2 which I got a few months ago was a blast in MP. Personally I like the SP as well, it's not incredible in any way but still passable.

As for AW, gonna wait till reviews are out and see if it's decent. Sometimes it's nice to play a game when just released as the user base is fairly strong. I don't think they'll be many 12yr olds screaming on PC either, just a guess though.

oh look a cutscene screen shot that is way better than the actual graphics. I want this franchise to die already.

I want this game to surprise us on PC and I want the reviews to not be horrible. I want there to be 50k+ people playing all day and night. I want it to succeed.

I say this because I am semi-burned out on EVERY game on PC right now. I like CS:GO by my IRL friends are fading due to non-stop hacking or smurfing (580 hours). BF3 got me 200 hours, but BF4 was the same old tired crap and I was bored after 15hours. I was bored of Titanfall after about 60 hours. DOTA2 is just not my style of game, but has given me 80 hours of playtime. I am starting to feel like maybe I have just grown out of gaming...but I still end up reading about it and wanting to game when I get home from a bad day at work. Maybe I am failing, maybe the gaming industry is.

I want to play this game hard core and have a blast. I did enjoy BLOPS and BLOPS enough to not completely lose faith. I didn't even purchase GHOSTS due to how horrible the reviews and the port were.

So I am going to go ahead try to stay a bit positive on this release, because I need it. I need something for me and my married, middle aged friends to get home from work, hop on TS, and make fun of each other while escaping from the stress of the day.

PLEASE DON'T SUCK!

Why would someone download a MP based game that cant play the MP? Surely no one gets COD for the terrible single-player experience.
I do, and enjoy every minute of the gaping plot holes and terrible scripting ;). Only CoDs I enjoyed the multiplayer were 4, MW2, and BO2. The single-player campaign in 4 was stellar, but I would have had no problem buying MW2 and BO2 solely for the multiplayer.

Game developers are releasing their games uncompressed in a bid to fend off illegal downloading. The logic is, make the game so big that pirates become uninterested.

Hahaha what an poorly made strategy. People will still download it. And they will remove all the language files that take up a ton of room so the download will shrink.

What will make people not download a new COD is how poorly they make the PC versions and how awful the hacking usually is.

Most of the "hackers" in CoD on PC aren't actually hacking. It's just the regular people playing it that think they are better than everyone else actually suck. I've been reported multiple times and cursed out for hacking in BLOPS 2 and other CoD games.

I remember doing a headshot through the smoke in a kill cam. Oh man were they pissed.

Most of the "hackers" in CoD on PC aren't actually hacking. It's just the regular people playing it that think they are better than everyone else actually suck. I've been reported multiple times and cursed out for hacking in BLOPS 2 and other CoD games.

I remember doing a headshot through the smoke in a kill cam. Oh man were they pissed.

Yep, and good headphones made a huge difference in CoD4 and MW2. You could track people through walls by sound alone, but many players didn't understand this and would automatically assume you were wallhacking.

If this one is better than Ghosts and has proper PC support I'll pick it up. Regardless of what people say about the series, there's really nothing else that plays like it with an active playerbase.

I know hacker claims are sometimes false (I have been accused myself many times,) but I've been multiplayer FPS gaming long enough to spot the definite, absolutely guaranteed hackers, and CoD is relatively infested with them.

I know hacker claims are sometimes false (I have been accused myself many times,) but I've been multiplayer FPS gaming long enough to spot the definite, absolutely guaranteed hackers, and CoD is relatively infested with them.

The guys I played with were considered hackers by everyone as well, even I questioned them sometimes. You need to realize that some people are better at figuring out maps and how to use their mouse perfectly. There were guys who would headshot you across the map if you just even so much as peaked. Most of the "hackers" are just better than you or me. There are very few who actually hack other than the obvious ones. In BLOPS 2 I only ever met about 3 or 4 actual hackers.

What I noticed about them was that they would hit every shot, so you better made sure that you hit them on your first shot. That is the biggest difference between the "good" players and the "hacker status" players.

I want this game to surprise us on PC and I want the reviews to not be horrible. I want there to be 50k+ people playing all day and night. I want it to succeed.

I want to play this game hard core and have a blast. I did enjoy BLOPS and BLOPS enough to not completely lose faith. I didn't even purchase GHOSTS due to how horrible the reviews and the port were.

So I am going to go ahead try to stay a bit positive on this release, because I need it. I need something for me and my married, middle aged friends to get home from work, hop on TS, and make fun of each other while escaping from the stress of the day.

PLEASE DON'T SUCK!

The absurd thing is that Activision could very easily ensure that the PC version became the defacto go to online FPS for both competitive and casual gaming, but they would much rather maintain a stranglehold on control and the user experience because of a misconceived belief that this is the more profitable strategy.

Right now there is almost a vacuum in the online FPS genre...apart from CS what else is there to play? Activision has completely neglected the player base, Titanfail was dead on release and EA/DICE have damaged the BF brand almost beyond repair.

It wouldn't take much to release a game that absolutely dominates, and it wouldn't even need to stray very far from the console versions.....just give control back to PC players. What I mean by that is give us a proper server browser, server binaries so anyone can host, mod tools or at least don't lock down the engine so its not moddable, ensure that the game has lots of configuration options and don't use a DLC strategy that fragments the online community. If the underlying game is good then I would predict it to sell a metric shit tonne of copies.

But I don't expect Activision execs to exercise any common sense, despite the fact that their existing approach only delivers a miserable handful of sales. You would think that they would look at the fact that there are more people playing MW1 on a daily basis than MW2, MW3, BO1, BO2 and Ghosts combined and come to the realization that the scorched earth strategy of reducing the longevity in their games simply does not work. Hell I bet that Valve currently makes more money selling TF2 hats than Activision makes on selling each new CoD iteration on PC.

My only hope is that the new Unreal Tournament delivers the online MP experience I have been craving for years now.

Great news especially if I find a team and play ladders. This is going to be real good to kick the cheating abuse too.

Knowing Activision, its probably going to be the same shitty match making system layered over dedicated servers. Simply does not work well for PC games.

If this one is better than Ghosts and has proper PC support I'll pick it up. Regardless of what people say about the series, there's really nothing else that plays like it with an active playerbase.

I agree...the series it what it is...it's not anything groundbreaking but can be fun when there are tons of players active...haven't bought a CoD game since BLOPS 1 but have been wanting to get back into it...was seriously considering Ghosts last year but passed after reading about all the PC issues...hopefully AW is fun and brings some innovations with it

since there are no games on my radar for the rest of 2014 after Lords of the Fallen and AC: Unity I'm considering this

I agree...the series it what it is...it's not anything groundbreaking but can be fun when there are tons of players active...haven't bought a CoD game since BLOPS 1 but have been wanting to get back into it...was seriously considering Ghosts last year but passed after reading about all the PC issues...hopefully AW is fun and brings some innovations with it

since there are no games on my radar for the rest of 2014 after Lords of the Fallen and AC: Unity I'm considering this

I played 400 hours of Ghost mp and I don't understand what issue they are talking about. I think I have encounter one bug and some graphic lag spike.

I never understood the bad score it got on metacritic.

reason to believe this might have a chance of being good...a new developer (Sledgehammer Games) might be the thing to reinvigorate this franchise

Sledgehammer games worked on MW3 so I wouldn't call them new to the franchise.

Sledgehammer games worked on MW3 so I wouldn't call them new to the franchise.
Sledgehammer played a small part in the development of MW3. AW is the first CoD where they're fully in charge of the game's direction.

Well it seems like Sledgehammer gives more of a shit than IW when it comes to the PC port, as this was added to the requirements:

Additional Notes: Field of View ranges from 65°-90°.

Yeah, more would have been nice, but at least it's something.

so the game will have dedicated servers?

Great news especially if I find a team and play ladders. This is going to be real good to kick the cheating abuse too.

Knowing Activision, its probably going to be the same shitty match making system layered over dedicated servers. Simply does not work well for PC games.

They haven't confirmed dedicated for PC yet. They only said the game will have dedicated servers and they will announce details and platforms later.

I could see them going the Azure route like Titanfall.

Stevivor: And fair enough, too. On the subject of things we need, we haven't had any news on dedicated servers here for a bit – is there any update you could give me?

Condrey:Yeah, we've got some announcements coming. Yes, we will be supporting dedicated servers and there will be announcements soon on which providers and platforms. I can't answer just yet, but you can let your community know that it's coming.

I played 400 hours of Ghost mp and I don't understand what issue they are talking about. I think I have encounter one bug and some graphic lag spike.

This.

I can't help but feel that these forums are infested with shills when people come out of the wood work in the lead up to release making claims like these which are easy to refute with a simple google search.

http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty...-mouse-acceleration-fps-drops-and-stuttering/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Call-Duty-Ghosts-Frame-Stutter-Issues-Horrendous-PC-60366.html

http://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/call-of-duty-ghosts-pc-performance-analysis/

Using the size of the online population as a single metric for judging whether or not Ghosts is a good game, the fact that the average peak player pool is a miserable 3500 users, I think it is fair to assume that there are good reasons why it rated poorly according to metacritic.

WOOT!` Finally got my Dew and Doritos code to work! Unlocked some special Mountain dew Gloves for my character =) I wonder if you will be able to see them in game there are like 10 different things you can unlock.

WOOT!` Finally got my Dew and Doritos code to work! Unlocked some special Mountain dew Gloves for my character =) I wonder if you will be able to see them in game there are like 10 different things you can unlock.

where's the facepalm/head shake emoticon here at [H] :D

Picture7_zps8508dffd.jpg

Look what I found in the Walmart lunch room in the recycle bin ;P

Ok I entered 15 codes unlocked 4 pieces of Armor I need to get Mtn. Dew Fuel codes (NOT regular Mountain Dew) for the rest of the armor and a few bags of Dorritos fuck that! Can't even unlock the full suit unless I buy like 12.00 in soda and chips if I can still find them at Walmart.....

The amount of double XP I got is like 1 hours and 15 minutes it add the XP 15 minutes at a time.

Also know that High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for you along with MSG is in Doritos now.

Last edited:
Untitled_zps34e580fa.png

This is all I'm going to upgrade my character.

I either need a nearby 7-11 store for a code

a 24 pack of MTN DEW 7.90 or something

Then I need to buy COD at Launch and MTN DEW! at the same time which is the sucker punch since I'm going digital.

The Doritos alone are wrecking my health.

Back