Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE17D8C6O4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLsFZ2kLkqA

call-of-duty-sledgehammer-screenshot-gi-wm_2000.jpg

Zomg, sort of shiny next-gen graphics almost on par with Crysis 3!

/crowd goes wild

Probably the same crappy linear campaign and rehashed MP gameplay though.

/collective sighs and moans.

That screenshot does look good, but did you see the trailer? Looks like they are using the same old engine.

Not that I cared anyway since I won't be playing this one either. Of course, we all know its going to be the same old gameplay anyway, and they recycled the name as well.

That screenshot does look good, but did you see the trailer? Looks like they are using the same old engine.

Yeah I saw that, wondered whether its an issue with compression or because they were running off an Xbone. Hard to tell whether they are bullshotting everything seeing as they also claimed Ghosts was next-gen when in reality it looked the same as all the other turd sandwiches served up by Activistion for the past 5 years.

Not that I cared anyway since I won't be playing this one either. Of course, we all know its going to be the same old gameplay anyway, and they recycled the name as well.
The gameplay of CoD has pretty much always been solid. Gun-play wise, it's crisp and easy to control which makes it fairly easy to get in to as a pick up and play.

It comes down to the fact that they add nothing new and when they do change something, it ends up being a shittier version of something that was included in versions prior. I'm looking at you, kill/death streaks.

At least with more focus on the future, they can have more creative freedom. I just hope they actually take advantage of that instead of working on and marketing something like "advanced fish AI".

Sledgehammer Games as the developer is a bit of a disappointment. i hated MW3. what happened to Treyarch? i thought they were at bat. i must be off in the development cycle.

Oh look, another call of duty that I will not be buying. The game lost its charm back in MW2, and even then, no scope sniping was BS.

I just hope they actually take advantage of that instead of working on and marketing something like "advanced fish AI".

The most entertaining aspect of CoD Ghosts was watching youtube videos lampooning their bombastic marketing of fish AI!

Sledgehammer Games as the developer is a bit of a disappointment. i hated MW3. what happened to Treyarch? i thought they were at bat. i must be off in the development cycle.
They are on a 3 developer cycle now so each entry will supposedly have more time in development. Since it was Treyarch on BlOps 2 and IW on Ghosts, now it's back to Sledgehammer and Treyarch should be developing the one after AW.

Wtf is this shit. When will this series die? The series isn't even fun or coherent anymore.

Do NOT fall for the screenshots, every single COD released in the past 5 years looked great on stills and dated on actual footage, this is no different. Activision needed to have it's COD studios transition into a new engine for this release and the fact that they havent done so just shows how greedy and lazy they are, arguably the biggest game franchise in the world, and Activision won't invest on either R&D to write their own engine, or license Unreal 4 and cross-train their devs. Oh well it'll still sell like hotcakes.

I will post what I posted in the other CoD:AW thread.

Safe to assume this will have a 2.5 hour Single Player Campaign?

Call of Duty: Advanced Battlefield Future Recon Fighter Person

EXTREME!

what I find hilarious is that the screen shot looks amazing --- and I know what what we will get (PC players) is a downgraded low res piece of shit that looks like I have vaseline on the screen.

I had these graphics 2 years ago -- the game was called Battlefield 3, and the game actually looked like teasers posted.

The COD games have always targeted 60 fps, no shit they never looked as good as other titles with double the frame budget.

Why would I not be serious.

The engine was dated, but it was never going to compete visually regardless.

The COD games have always targeted 60 fps, no shit they never looked as good as other titles with double the frame budget.

What's really funny is how I play BF4 at 1440p all bells and whistles on and get FAR more fps than that. So the whole "targeted 60" argument really has no weight.

Dunno if I would call CoD a twitch shooter specifically, *shrugs*

I like how they say "captured on XBONE" and then proceed to show only per-rendered scenes.

Right after COD4, this series became the McDonald's Happy Meal of videogames. Console tweens love it.

Enjoy.

What's really funny is how I play BF4 at 1440p all bells and whistles on and get FAR more fps than that. So the whole "targeted 60" argument really has no weight.

Dunno if I would call CoD a twitch shooter specifically, *shrugs*

It's targeted for 60 on the consoles, not your monster machine. What kind of argument are you even trying to make? On the exact same hardware, COD was aiming for 60 and BF 30.

Doesn't matter if the game is shit, they still dealt with half the frame time of many other titles.

It's targeted for 60 on the consoles, not your monster machine. What kind of argument are you even trying to make? On the exact same hardware, COD was aiming for 60 and BF 30.

Doesn't matter if the game is shit, they still dealt with half the frame time of many other titles.

The console kiddies that eat this shit up would have no clue what "frame time" actually is.

A supposed brand new game on a brand new console still looks like something I was playing 5 years ago. Anyone with an ounce of sense would realize just how retarded that is.

The guys behind the franchise seriously have to be sitting on their mountain of money saying year after year: "I can't believe they bought it for the 6th time!"

I like how they say "captured on XBONE" and then proceed to show only per-rendered scenes.
To be fair it did not say "captured gameplay". However, editors/developers love to word things to fool people into thinking they'll get what they see in the trailers.

I bought Black Ops 2 a week ago, because some of my freinds where playing it on steam, and I expected the worse after reading threads like this here on [H].

And the my supirse, I thought it was very, very fun (way more fun then I ever had on BF3). And the biggest suprise, it's not a bad looking game. It's not great, but it's not ugly by any means. Now, if you stop to look at the textures, your going to see that many are uglier then BF3. But you never can stop to look, because of how fast paced BO2 is.

BTW, I also have WaW, which I dont like at all, and WaW is reguarded by most people as good as CoD4. So dont give me BS like, "BO2 is decent but COD4/WaW is so much better".

I bought Black Ops 2 a week ago, because some of my freinds where playing it on steam, and I expected the worse after reading threads like this here on [H].

And the my supirse, I thought it was very, very fun (way more fun then I ever had on BF3). And the biggest suprise, it's not a bad looking game. It's not great, but it's not ugly by any means. Now, if you stop to look at the textures, your going to see that many are uglier then BF3. But you never can stop to look, because of how fast paced BO2 is.

BTW, I also have WaW, which I dont like at all, and WaW is reguarded by most people as good as CoD4. So dont give me BS like, "BO2 is decent but COD4/WaW is so much better".

Black Ops 2 is probably the best CoD since CoD 4. It had some issues still with lag sometimes, but it was much better than the others. The gameplay was my favorite of them all TBH. The reason we generally love WaW is because it was the last/only great WW2 game made in a while now. The campaign was so fun and the multiplayer was pretty much CoD4 but in WW2. Also, it was the only game in the series that had some serious gore, not that pussy shit we have now. The only CoD games I will buy from now on are going to be Treyarch, because the last Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer/Raven/whatever else have been absolute trash.

Black Ops 2 is probably the best CoD since CoD 4. It had some issues still with lag sometimes, but it was much better than the others. The gameplay was my favorite of them all TBH. The reason we generally love WaW is because it was the last/only great WW2 game made in a while now. The campaign was so fun and the multiplayer was pretty much CoD4 but in WW2. Also, it was the only game in the series that had some serious gore, not that pussy shit we have now. The only CoD games I will buy from now on are going to be Treyarch, because the last Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer/Raven/whatever else have been absolute trash.

Black Ops 2 is a very nice cod release. And while I am sad Treyarch isn't releasing their new game this Nov I'll cut them some slack and hope next year's release is the best ever.

In GHOST's defense there is a game type I really like: it's deep inside of the squads online tab called, "safeguard." More people need to play it because it's pretty fun for sure.

Can't wait for the next of the serie. They should make one each 6 month if the players base would be so huge.

same. COD4 is my favorite

Last edited:
COD jumped the shark after the immaculate 4, IMO. MW2 was okay, but everything since has been an increasingly higher steaming pile.

Back