Call Of Duty 5 Video Coop

aFive

2[H]4U
Just saw this COD5 video; while the graphics do not look amazing, gameplay looks fun. Specially since you can play COOP; hope they bring that feature to PC version as well. Thoughts?
Video

Why were all the japs charging instead of shooting?

I like the fire effects tho. Burning shit is the new trend.

^ Its called a banzai charge, dumb ass. Someone needs to have studied military history of WWII.

Why were all the japs charging instead of shooting?

I like the fire effects tho. Burning shit is the new trend.
Yea, after watching Far Cry videos, I think it's really cool. Although, game does seem a tad linear; every call of duty does.
^ Its called a banzai charge, dumb ass. Someone needs to have studied military history of WWII.

lol, awesome.
Banzai charge is awesome; I am glad they have actually done some research, makes the game feel a bit more real vs camping enemy.

Looks awesome! The graphics look fine to me. I don't need crysis graphics, these already look great to me.

And Co Op makes it even great. Hopefully its as good as it looks.

My god, that's absolutely terrible. Who did they get to motion capture these guys? It looks like 1995 how stiff everybody is.

Yeah, the graphics look pretty shitty, maybe it looks better in person or something, but that video looks terrible, stiff, jagged, dull and boring.

the flame thrower is sick though :)

That was totally uncalled for.:rolleyes:

Since the 'banzai charge' was used as a last resort in the face of overwhelming odds in an attempt to retain honour, it seems wierd that the game shows the japanese using it as a primary method of attack. Its as if the game has a rule that says that if the player or allied npc is more than 20m away then the japanese use guns. If they are less than 20m away then 'banzai charge'.

I found it odd too. It screams poor AI.

But the Japanese weren't terrorists to even mention or think of them being dishonorable terrorists is disgraceful. :rolleyes: Terrorists they weren't , opertunists yes.

Good God. It was a joke. The mere mention of the fictional character, Jack Bauer, (instead of referring to the real life actor, Keifer Sutherland) and the idea of time travel should have hinted at it that much. And besides, what does Jack Bauer do best besides pulling off completely unrealistic exploits of human potential? :rolleyes: (Before you get all riled up, that was a joke too.)

In any case, I think you mean "opportunist." ;)

Why... so... serious... ? :D

Good God. It was a joke. The mere mention of the fictional character, Jack Bauer, (instead of referring to the real life actor, Keifer Sutherland) and the idea of time travel should have hinted at it that much. And besides, what does Jack Bauer do best besides pulling off completely unrealistic exploits of human potential? :rolleyes: (Before you get all riled up, that was a joke too.)

In any case, I think you mean "opportunist." ;)

Why... so... serious... ? :D

Well according to google , its spelled both ways....:eek:. I was being creative.

You've got some fight in you.That's good. I like that.:D

too hard to judge the graphics since

1. Its a console demo

2. its still in development, and wheres the pc stuff?

Yeah, it's hard to tell how it will turn out for sure yet, but it looks like there will be some good times to be had.

I agree....graphics are kinda 'meh' right now but hopefully they'll make some improvements. I'm hoping that, at least, the PC version will look better than the graphics in the video.

Well according to google , its spelled both ways....:eek:. I was being creative.

You've got some fight in you.That's good. I like that.:D

Don't trust Google on that, no dictionary, english or american, will support that claim I think... ;)

If it's based off of COD4 engine it will look fine, some compressed, split screen, low rez video wont do it proper justice. IMO

I think gameplay looks awsome. I agree the charges look stupid and annoying. I guess it's their way of adding urgency to the play?

Other then that gameplay looks awsome. I enjoyed the hell out of COD3 single player and was never sure why it took such a bad rap.

Will buy.

-dave

But the Japanese weren't terrorists to even mention or think of them being dishonorable terrorists is disgraceful. :rolleyes: Terrorists they weren't , opertunists yes.

Read about how they treated the Chinese. They were worse than terrorists.

Read about how they treated the Chinese. They were worse than terrorists.

Well if you want to put it that way , we were no better than the Germans. We put all the Japanese American citizens is "work camps" after Pearl Harbor, yeah they don't tell that one in the school history books.

i would take work camps here over the camps in Europe and over mass murder, rape, and genocide by the Japanese and German during WWII. i'd suggest a read on 'rape of nanking'

as for the game, as long as they didnt blow 90% of their budget on jack bauer's voice, then it might prove interesting

zzzzzzzzzzzz

I wan't to go back to Prypiat damn it!

I bought COD4 because it was a breath of fresh freaking air! - Not earth shattering but a welcomed change to the Call of Duty series.

I'll reserve judgment however, till the game is released. But it's like Treyarch just couldn't suck it up and take a chance, they'll just ignore the fact everyone loved 'Modern Warfare' and release the same old crap.

Perhaps when Call of Duty 6 is released we can do something interesting again, like eliminate a camp of blood diamond militants, or rescue hostages from a Beijing skyscraper or something.

Well if you want to put it that way , we were no better than the Germans. We put all the Japanese American citizens is "work camps" after Pearl Harbor, yeah they don't tell that one in the school history books.

They weren't work camps the were relocation camps to remove the populace from the western coast, its not right but it was no way shape or form close to what the SS did .(Not all Germans were Nazis) think other branch of their military, like special forces compared to the army same idea.

go back another 100 years, look what "we" did to the native Americas... talk about genocide, wipe out whole villages just for material wealth....

Why not something different for once. There were calls of duty all the way from ancient times too. The title gives so much freedom for any time period, they should tap into that. Hell, the scottish rebellion against the english could work. battles, stealth missions.

I don't think I can touch another call of duty that tells me to clear out this building, or snipe this person, its getting a bit old.

go back another 100 years, look what "we" did to the native Americas... talk about genocide, wipe out whole villages just for material wealth....

That reminds me of a funny tshirt I saw. it was something like 'homeland security', fighting terrorism since 1492, and had a picture of an indian.

uh... i was in high school 3 years ago and...... they did teach us that the japanese were placed in camps during the war..... where did u goto school at?

Just some history lesson here. Not ALL Japanese-Americans were placed in internment camps. Believe or not, Japanese-Americans in Hawaii for the most part were not place into camps (a little over 1% were interned). One of the reasons for this is because they composed a decent chunk of the population, thus doing so would have killed the economy in Hawaii.

The more you know :)

The gaming community BADLY needs coop, it has for years and years and no one seems to fill that gap, so I approve of this greatly.

Back