Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer - Worth it?

CoD4 multiplayer is a blast... pure and simple.

Sniping is buggy, that is true. Hopefully it will get patched soon.

Servers running hardcore mode are definitely the way to go once you get used to playing it in standard mode. You are forced to slow down and be more tactical.

Search and Destroy is great, as is Headquarters.

CoD4 multiplayer is a blast... pure and simple.

Sniping is buggy, that is true. Hopefully it will get patched soon.

Servers running hardcore mode are definitely the way to go once you get used to playing it in standard mode. You are forced to slow down and be more tactical.

Search and Destroy is great, as is Headquarters.

Headquarters is my favorite, wish more servers would venture away from just TDM.

CoD4 is the best multiplayer game I've played in a long long time. I've played CS:S, BF2, competively and CoD4 is way more enjoyable, I cant wait for competitive play. I dont understand the complaints w/ the hit boxes, they seem to work fine for me, and are very accurate. The sniper rifle can be difficult, but I find it better that way, you can still master it so long as you get the hang of it. Maybe some of the people complaining should practice some more or just find a better server. I'm pleased with all the game modes and enjoy hardcore the most. Definitely a must buy and a game I'll be playing for a long time. I was waiting for something to surpass CS:S, and this is it. Got tired of the same old maps and gameplay from CS:S.

I do agree its one of the best online fps in a while but I still lovethe feel of BF2 online with the huge maps, scenery, and vechiles. I wish cod4 had something like it.

I'm so glad they dont have player controlled vehicals, that would just ruin it for me IMO. I think that sorta stuff should stick to games like battlefield and crysis. I was looking for something to replace CS:S with, and this is it.

I don't think cod4 is a game that should have vechiles, it would change to much, no one knows if it would be as enjoyable or not. It should have some larger maps, like strike at karkand or mashtuur city type ones, that would be sweet and its a possibility that more maps will come out from developer interviews I've seen.

ya, with the current maps vehicles would just ruin the game play, hell a few maps the air strikes ruin it for me (mainly the boat one and shipment, there is just not enough room for an airstrike to be fair lol).

If there was squad play like in BF2142 I'd be very very happy, and so would all my friends.

I find the weapons fairly balanced in the game though which is very nice, im a big fan of the light assault guns, long live my PRD lol. But the G3 is a pretty good gun, cant\'t wait to unlock its red-dot and scope :)

ya, with the current maps vehicles would just ruin the game play, hell a few maps the air strikes ruin it for me (mainly the boat one and shipment, there is just not enough room for an airstrike to be fair lol).

If there was squad play like in BF2142 I'd be very very happy, and so would all my friends.

I find the weapons fairly balanced in the game though which is very nice, im a big fan of the light assault guns, long live my PRD lol. But the G3 is a pretty good gun, cant\'t wait to unlock its red-dot and scope :)

same here, getting my red dot for the G3 very soon :)

I haven't experienced this "sniper glitch". And haven't had to wait 6-8 seconds between shots to get a hit. Yes, the different guns have an "accuracy" and "range" meter. Not everyone shot is going to hit. Not every map is best for sniping, either. On some maps, I'll move around from spot to spot sniping people. I'll get my air strikes and choppers in, then I'll watch for people trying to shoot at the chopper. They'll get sniped. I do well as a sniper in maps where it's viable. Usually though I rund around with the G36C ( is that right? ) or the p 90 though, honestly. The uzi is fun but has a smaller clip. Once the p 90 is unlocked, the uzi is nearly useless.

what map is wetwork? Is that the one that's a square with several containers in the middle or is that the one where you're on the ship? If it's the square shaped one, then yeah, that's a good way to get alot of kills, gimp. I just try to get an air strike going and get 10 quick kills that way. I haven't done what you do, but i don't see that it would work alot of the time. Alot of time, when you spawn, you don't have time to throw a grenade, so alll you're going to get off is the martyrdom one which may or may not get a kill.

I haven't experienced this "sniper glitch". And haven't had to wait 6-8 seconds between shots to get a hit. Yes, the different guns have an "accuracy" and "range" meter. Not everyone shot is going to hit. Not every map is best for sniping, either. On some maps, I'll move around from spot to spot sniping people. I'll get my air strikes and choppers in, then I'll watch for people trying to shoot at the chopper. They'll get sniped. I do well as a sniper in maps where it's viable. Usually though I rund around with the G36C ( is that right? ) or the p 90 though, honestly. The uzi is fun but has a smaller clip. Once the p 90 is unlocked, the uzi is nearly useless.

what map is wetwork? Is that the one that's a square with several containers in the middle or is that the one where you're on the ship? If it's the square shaped one, then yeah, that's a good way to get alot of kills, gimp. I just try to get an air strike going and get 10 quick kills that way. I haven't done what you do, but i don't see that it would work alot of the time. Alot of time, when you spawn, you don't have time to throw a grenade, so alll you're going to get off is the martyrdom one which may or may not get a kill.

I agree I've never un into a sniper glitch or problems with hits registering. They always land when they should, whihc isn;t veyr often as im a pretyt bad sniper, im alot better wiht 1 shot weapons in med range or the light assault guns for everything else lol.

Not to mention that this has the most satisfying knife kills of any game, ever. I absolutely love knifing people.

I have yet to knife someone, I tried once and failed, have not tried since.

Not to mention that this has the most satisfying knife kills of any game, ever. I absolutely love knifing people.

QFT. i knife whenever i have the chance. sometimes i'll run out of ammo and instead of picking up another weapon i'll just run around the map trying to knife people. :D
also for some reason i find the M4 with silencer and the double tap perk to be a lot of fun. i know it's not the most powerful weapon to choose (cough*P90*cough) but for some reason it seems even more deadly with the silencer. which doesn't make any sense cause the silencer only decreases range.

On the PC, you have ping you can judge and decide which server you want to join. Knifing is, of course, easier to do on low ping servers.

On the 360, knifing is more difficult for me since you just have to count on the automated join system to pick a good server for you. About half the time, the 360 server is laggy. When it's not laggy, I enjoy a good knife fight ;)

That Sniper glitch pisses me the hell off and has caused quite a few deaths. Enemy sticks his head around the corner and "BANG" .......nothing. I think to myself damn I missed but no he walks out from behind the corner and my guy, who couldn't hold his breath long enough to swim across a kiddy pool, cant hit the sob for the life of me. Now they know exactly where I'm at (Even if I do get a kill, that fvcking killcam :mad:) and so begins the nade spamming. I hated the other CoD's because of retarded never ending nades, I dont know why I thought this would be different. That being said I'm still playing the shiat out of that game.

...That being said I'm still playing the shiat out of that game.

hahaha :D
i wouldn't mind playing in a server that had nades disabled every now and then. have you tried a hardcore game yet? sounds like you might like it better...no kill cam, no cross hairs while shooting from the hip, one shot from sniper rifle kills instantly. the only problem is that the G3 makes a better sniper rifle because it's powerful enough to kill almost instantly and isn't bolt action like the sniper rifle.

also you're gonna want to use the 'lungs of steel' perk when you get it unlocked.

CoD4 is the most satisfying FPS experience I've had in years, both single and multiplayer.

hahaha :D
i wouldn't mind playing in a server that had nades disabled every now and then. have you tried a hardcore game yet? sounds like you might like it better...no kill cam, no cross hairs while shooting from the hip, one shot from sniper rifle kills instantly. the only problem is that the G3 makes a better sniper rifle because it's powerful enough to kill almost instantly and isn't bolt action like the sniper rifle.

also you're gonna want to use the 'lungs of steel' perk when you get it unlocked.

Yeah, I found a decent hardcore server and it's a lot better. I also have the lungs of steel but really haven't noticed a lot of difference. I guess my biggest complaint is map size. 32 people in any of the maps is a pure cluster fvck. If the maps were say double the size a lot of my complaints about the game would be solved. Mostly it's nade spamming, incessant airstrikes/helicopter, n00bs blocking doors and spawn camping.

Yeah, I found a decent hardcore server and it's a lot better. I also have the lungs of steel but really haven't noticed a lot of difference. I guess my biggest complaint is map size. 32 people in any of the maps is a pure cluster fvck. If the maps were say double the size a lot of my complaints about the game would be solved. Mostly it's nade spamming, incessant airstrikes/helicopter, n00bs blocking doors and spawn camping.

32 people on any of those maps sucks for FFA. Team DM, HQ, etc are all much better, though still hectic when trying to capture / defend points or the HQ.

I love the frantic feel of a 32 man server on the smaller maps. I always play team deathmatch. You have to be okay with dying...alot...but it's non-stop fast pace fun that I just love. Ever since the first CoD came out I just fell in love with their multiplayer. This is my favorite multiplayer game since CoD:UO (just never could get into CoD2).

Hardcore+Tact Realism is the only way to go, other modes are nothing but SMG spray n' pray or retards camping the same room over and over.

I beat the single player campaign at a friends house. Now I'm wondering if the multiplayer is good enough to warrant me buying the full game. I'm a massive fan of BF2 if that helps any.

So is the multiplayer good enough to drop $50 for the game?

I think it is. I liked BF2 quite a bit and COD4 is quite a bit more fun. The only thing I don't like about COD4 is the lack of vehicles, but other than that it's got BF2 beat in every way. The visuals are outstanding, the gameplay is superb and the weapons are awesome as well.

Back