Call of Duty 4 Lag issue

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
Ok I just reistalled cod4 because Im sick of Black Ops, I remember Cod4 being one of the smoothest games i've ever played never had a lag spike. So i start up cod4 and hop on a server, but ever 10-20 seconds i get a huge stutter and the game freezes for about 2 seconds, its really annoying. I've tried lower the graphic settings and still the same thing. So maybe it was SLI so i disable SLI same thing happens. I reinstalled the game on my SSD same thing happens. I just dont get it has anyone else had this problem ?

my pc
i7 980x 4.0ghz
12gb 1800mhz Corsair Dom's
120gb x-25m SSD
Dual WDB 2tb in raid 0
Quad GTX 480's in SLI

gamerjosh

n00b
I'm having the same issues... im in the process of buying a new gaming pc so that I will be ready for bf3 when it comes out!

D

Deleted whining member 223597

Did you check your internet/ping?

If its fine then that's punkbuster. It should usually stop after a couple of mins. Its why I don't play much cod4 anymore, the punkbuster is a PITA.

I never had a problem with fps in CoD4 UNTIL... i installed BO. No joke. I still havent found a solution and will be looking at this thread in case solution pops up

jadams

2[H]4U
Did you check your internet/ping?

If its fine then that's punkbuster. It should usually stop after a couple of mins. Its why I don't play much cod4 anymore, the punkbuster is a PITA.

This is it,

It goes away. For me it only lasts about 2 minutes.

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
I get a short burst of lag to bit only when first logging onto a server, after that its fine.

Besides the servers I play on, I tend to see how the match is going first and spec the guys with the top scores. :p

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
Its just really annoying cause when the game launched i was playing it maxed out with a AMD 64x2 and a 8600gt smooth, but with a rig with 10times the power it can run it smooth. Thanks for the responses good to know I'm not the only one

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
Well I fixed the issue, It seems that in order for PB to work correctly, COD4 must be installed in the same directory as Windows. I reinstalled COD4 on my Main Harddrive and the lag went away =P