Call of duty 4 graphic settings

Sagan

Gawd
I bought the game yesterday. I was wondering why I can't put the graphic settings higher than (normal) setting. Is it supposed to be nothing else higher than normal? I click it and theres only low or normal as a video setting for model/water detail.

i think, but i could be wrong, that you set the gfx settings before actually starting the game, i seem to recall that from the demo maybe? you set rez and gfx things first run of game, or hit start>programs>cod4 and there might be a deal there to change it...

It seems fishy that I can't scroll the graphics higher than medium/normal.

i can't go beyond normal to. Theres has to be more settings than low and normal. Maybe it can be unlocked or something or those settings are made for next gen cards. :)

i can't go beyond normal to. Theres has to be more settings than low and normal. Maybe it can be unlocked or something or those settings are made for next gen cards. :)

You mean like COD4 is ready of like directx 11? I cant wait to see!

hye, I got a question and didn't want to start a new thread so im thread jacking ;)

Where is the config file to change the resolutions for MP? Everytime I change the resolutions I get a DX error and it reverts back to default and someone had mentioned changing the config file but i have no idea where it is.

Same thing for me, almost every setting is locked at normal. Looks fantastic still though.

hye, I got a question and didn't want to start a new thread so im thread jacking ;)

Where is the config file to change the resolutions for MP? Everytime I change the resolutions I get a DX error and it reverts back to default and someone had mentioned changing the config file but i have no idea where it is.

Set your antialiasing and vsync and anisotrophic to application control in the videodrivers. It fixed that problem for me :)

I may be wrong but with Normal setting, I think it could run pretty fine on most mid range system.

I'm sure current high end cards could handle something better than Normal?

I may be wrong but with Normal setting, I think it could run pretty fine on most mid range system.

I'm sure current high end cards could handle something better than Normal?

Other peoples highest settings are normal even on high end videocards right now so not sure :)

If you bought it through steam, I had to disable steam communities.

My guess would be that "Normal" is the setting all the console versions run at.

Makes sense that they'd include a gimped out of necessity, but no improved one (hard to justify the additional expense on the lowest-selling platform, especially when it looks pretty fucking good already...).

Maybe you have the box checked where the game determins the best settings for your system? What GPU do you have?

Maybe "Normal" is just another name for "High". It's just semantics, stop arguing about it. Anything below "normal" means you're sacrificing some visual quality, so it's perfectly fine I think. In other games they can call it "High", "Very High", "Ultra Quality", etc. who gives a crap..

I'm pretty sure most settings maxed out at "normal" for me and I still got over 100fps half the time in the game. That's just what the settings are called.

There's only 3-4 settings that even use the Low/Normal options. And yes, only being able to go as high as "Normal" in these categories is normal. :p

Back