Call of Duty 2015 Is Scheduled for This Fall

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It was announced Thursday by Eric Hirshberg, the CEO of Activision, that the 2015 version of Call of Duty will be released in the fall of 2015. This version of the franchise game is being developed on the new three year rotational system, this being Treyarch’s first venture into the rotation.

"This fall's game will be Treyarch's first on the three-year development cycle," he said. "It will be loaded with innovation, and we're excited to share more details with our community soon."

The Rat goes to the food pellet every time I might look like a Rat but I outsmarted the COD..
Meanwhile on Mars....

I played the most recent version, Advanced Warfare, but over the past decade this has gone from my absolute favorite franchise to one that only marginally holds my interest. Treyarch was partly responsible for that because of their horrible implementation. I should have learned my lesson with World at War, but after giving up half-way through the first Black Ops (Treyarch) I vowed to never play another Treyarch game. So with this announcement I know that I'll be skipping the 2015 release.

I'm tired of the futuristic shit already. I'd like to see some ww2 games made with updated graphics. Exo suits can kiss my ass.

they should come out with a cowboys and indians FPS shooter.

"loaded with innovation"

Wow, they even ran out of innovative ideas on how to spin the PR statements.

sshhhhhh don't tell anyone but the next CoD after this one will be released Nov of 2016. Oh and the next, Nov 2017.....

"It will be loaded with innovation", I'll believe it when I see it, which they said that for every last few CoD game.

But since Treyarch is developing this title, I wonder if they will include dedicated servers and PC features because Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer failed to do so.

I played the most recent version, Advanced Warfare, but over the past decade this has gone from my absolute favorite franchise to one that only marginally holds my interest. Treyarch was partly responsible for that because of their horrible implementation. I should have learned my lesson with World at War, but after giving up half-way through the first Black Ops (Treyarch) I vowed to never play another Treyarch game. So with this announcement I know that I'll be skipping the 2015 release.

I'm in the opposite boat. IW did great with CoD1, 2, and 4. Treyarch I thought did a great job with WaW (holy crap, 7 years ago already?!) by basically making MW1 set in WWII, and Black Ops was pretty decent with the not often visited Vietnam/Cold War settings. MW2 and MW3 both lost my attention with the amount of cheesy bullshit they put in to them. Insane kill streak awards and cheap perks killed those for me. After that I gave up and haven't touched CoD since.

I'd be happy if they went back to a traditional war game. It may have been rinse and repeat but it worked well and I liked it. It's hard to find a straight war documentary game these days. Everyone wants to involve zombies, aliens, futuristic battle suits, etc.

I'm tired of the futuristic shit already. I'd like to see some ww2 games made with updated graphics. Exo suits can kiss my ass.

WW2 era game, please. Also tired of all the futuristic bullshit.

Good lord, no. WW2 has been done to absolute death, than the corpse was flogged for good measure. At least use some other conflict like Vietnam, Desert Storm, or hell even WW1. WW2 is not the only war mankind has ever fought.

Good lord, no. WW2 has been done to absolute death, than the corpse was flogged for good measure. At least use some other conflict like Vietnam, Desert Storm, or hell even WW1. WW2 is not the only war mankind has ever fought.

Sorry but I'll take WW2 any day over the exo suit bullshit we got last time.

Military shooters are pretty much done to death these days, I rather see CoD end but thats not gonna happen unless people will stop buying this, but from what I'm seeing, since Ghosts the sales for this series have declined.

I dont think an extra year to make fucked up network code and poor hit detection combined with cheap perk kills for losers... will make any difference. Shit in.. shit out.

I can't recall ever seeing.....well anything really.....on the Korean War. That'd be a nice change of pace.

And I can say with 100% certainty that I won't be buying anymore COD rubbish. Nooooo thank you.

It was already announced that Treyarch is making a sequel to Call of Duty: World at War.

Back