Call of Duty 2 running up to par?

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
I've been playing Call of Duty 2 for a bit now, again, and I'm not sure if I'm getting the right frames I should. The settings I play at are everything maxed, 1280x1024, 4xAA, 16AF, and Vsync Off. My framerate seems a little low, though maybe its just me. Inside the frames are about 50-55, and outside they are 30-35.

All my other games play great (FEAR well over 60 fps at 1280x960, details max, SS, 16xAF), but this one seems a bit sluggish. Again, it might just be me.....any thoughts?

Well does it feel sluggish because you're staring at the framerate counter? :D Might be a good idea in this game to shut it off. Most people don't get 60fps+ all the time but it doesn't seem to matter much. Those are pretty good fps for CoD2. Try and live with 2xAA if you want more fps.

texuspete00 said:
Well does it feel sluggish because you're staring at the framerate counter? :D Might be a good idea in this game to shut it off. Most people don't get 60fps+ all the time but it doesn't seem to matter much. Those are pretty good fps for CoD2. Try and live with 2xAA if you want more fps.

Haha.....(must...have.....more....fps...)

Naw, I was just using it as a gauge, really. Hard to watch the frames and hunker down below the withering fire from an enemy MG-42.

I was just wondering what others were getting.

Don't run DX9 if you are concerned with frame rate. Even the most beastly of computers running on DX9 will only average about 40 fps in COD2.

So you're suggesting I run with DX7??

Thats would be pretty crappy looking. But thanks for the performance heads-up.

Khaydarin said:
So you're suggesting I run with DX7??

Thats would be pretty crappy looking. But thanks for the performance heads-up.

Yes, that is what I am suggesting. Either that or lower your specular, normal, and textures to normal detail or lower in the advanced options on a resolution that is more modest such as 1024x768.

I don't know a single person that plays multiplayer with DX9 on. With DX7 I get almost a constant 200 fps on any resolution with any level of AA/AF. The only time it ever dips is on a map such as brecourt with smoke and I use the scope on the sniper rifle.

Leave DX9 on, turn shows and soft smoke and all that jazz off. Thats what I do, plying in DX7 just feels ... wrong, plus DX9 is plenty smooth when you turn all that junk off.

Back