Call of Duty 2 Demo Today?!

Desent looking; good textures and nice smoke effects. I get about 40-50 fps on average.

Too bad it's so scripted. It's kinda like brothers in arms but you can't control your squad. I think it would get tedious pretty quick.

WOW!

I just finnished playing the demo.

This is on my buy list for certain now.

Love it!

Ran super on my AMD64 3k+ and 6600gt

I just beat the demo and let me say it was wwwaaayyyy too short. It was more of a stroke than a demo. I don't need to buy this game. FEAR made me want to buy it, this demo should have been longer.

Game was 8/10

1024x768
4xaa high af
everything maxed
looked good.

SereLaw said:
Any cheats for the Demo?

I want the sniper rifle

Take a look through the console commands maybe you can figure it out:

Stuff like:

sv_cheats
demigod
god
give
developer
monkeytoy

Isaacav2 said:
I just beat the demo and let me say it was wwwaaayyyy too short. It was more of a stroke than a demo. I don't need to buy this game. FEAR made me want to buy it, this demo should have been longer.

That is how the game is....short to medium shots of intensity like that. Most levels are anywhere from 4-8 minutes of high intensity. At least that is what I read about it.

F.E.A.R. demo did the opposite for me....I was interested in it, until I played the demo.

all the ppl with the 300kb/s transfer rate and up do u's have a connection of like 3mb/s or something cause i only get 25.6kb/s is that cause I got 256KB/S ADSL Broadband and thats even with the ones u's listed :D .

Staples said:
Just played it. I was a huge fan of the first two. The demo didn't wow me like the Dawnsville or whatever the nighttime one that was so impressive at the time. It was more of the same. Game is still heavily scripted (but at least the enemies didn't respawn like they used to). Textures now use bumpmaps. They took out the sprint (which I miss). This game was ok but certainly no better than the first two and it runs pretty slow as well. I came away feeling less excited about this game as I was a day ago.

Edit: Animations and physics are the same. Because of the way you throw granades now, maybe people online will not cheat so damn much.

Exactly, dawnville had a really nice atmosphere and a "feel" to it, im not all that impressed with the demo tbh, the controls seem more clunky and the aiming/shooting is a lot more erratic.
As for sprinting being taken out, I dont understand why, it was a good feature in UO, or maybe all of a sudden they can't run anymore? :rolleyes:

In essence, I think this game has been corrupted by the "graphics are everyhting" bug and teh game as a whole has suffered, it dosn't look that much better than :UO, yet it runs 5 times worse.

btw that is probably the SHORTEST DEMO EVAR!!!! 700MB = 2mins

Lets hope the full version is better :) :D :rolleyes:

It didn't look right on my card...grainy and flat on color. Exact opposite of DOD:S Also didn't run smoothly either in the heaviest action. Perhaps 1600x1200 is out of my reach now. Maybe it's video drivers. Strange thing is the load screen looked great, completely different than the game.

Felt familier though, although I was frequently hitting a sprint button with no sprinting because of COD.

it's a Pre-Release Demo ...damn so much crap about a demo . played fine and short for me , no adjustments except movement . played right through no issues no compaints , you like it you buy it , and if you don't - well don't buy it !!!!!!

Technically speaking, the demo was a major success. Good graphics, and smooth gameplay. (at least at my end.)

However, I was not as impressed with the actual game itself. I don't like the ommission of a health meter, and the ability to run. With "recharging" health it felt more to me like a rip off of halo. Then again, I could have missed something.

Also, I think the AI leaves a lot to be desired. Then again I could have just been spoiled by F.E.A.R.

just my 2 cents.

-jenkins

The demo didn't do anything for me- Aren't you'll all getting tired of WWII war games by now? I'm definately burned out.... can't wait for some good old fashion deathmatch coming up with Quake4 and UT07.

well it definitely WASN'T the length of the FEAR demo that made you want to buy it. CoD2 demo took me longer than fear, which i beat in less than 15 minutes without dying.

you people are not remembering that this is a PRE-RELEASE demo - they were nice enough to put out a playable level for you (most likely to draw your attention away from DoD:S), and a lot of you people are just ripping it apart. LAY OFF for christ's sake. gamers are never happy nowadays - and always taking the first thing they see as a 100% accurate representation of the final product. i'm kind of embarrased to be considered a gamer nowadays.

the demo is short, yes, but who gives a shit? it was fun and looked good, and anyone with HALF a brain knows it's not finished yet. and to all you people bitching about how big it is, cry me a fucking river. everyone has broadband - you're going to tell me you can't wait an extra hour to download the game when your sitting there eating cheese puffs and jacking off anyway? shut your mouths.

i remember the old days when people talked about why games were good and not why they sucked, what they should have been, and why the developers should be fired.

Isaacav2 said:

Game was 8/10

1024x768
4xaa high af
everything maxed
looked good.

Well all I can say this game is going to be awesome I have the settings @ 1200x1024 with everything maxed and i get smooth game play, the only time it slows down is on the way back to the docks when u are on the machine game thats the only time it slows down with max settings.

also I dont know why ppl are sh*ty about the demo its alright the demo dosnt seem short to me u should be greatfull for them even releasing a pre-release demo.

I actually take back what I said about DoD Source, COD is good, but it gets tiring quickly, and for $50 I want lots of replay value, and that's just what DoD is good at.

From playing this demo, I can almost assure you if you loved COD and UO multiplayer, you'll dig this games mulitplayer. The lack of sprint..well....we'll get over it. Or we can just make them add it in a mega patch! :D

If the mp is like this, I won't be getting a lot of use with DOD:S.

Anybody have anyproblems starting up this demo, I can load the game to the menu and change settings, but when I hit play it goes to the loading screen and then gives me the following error:
Cmod_LoadBrushes:bad Material Num 1143752048

Any help would be appreciated :D

OMG OMG OMG!!! This demo is awesome! Wow, now I have two games to look forward to, CoD2 and F.E.A.R! Call of Duty 2 ran very nicely for the most part on my system. The sound is incredible! The pace is very nice. It isn't too fast or too slow. Sure you can try and run and gun it but you will get a few bullets loged in your ass in the process. :) It would be nice if you could kick the doors down in more of the structures and enter them for cover and the enemies could as well. It would make things a little less predictable. Bravo to whomever developed this game!

Im running everything maxed except AA which is off at a resolution of 1920x1200. Specs in sig.

tesfaye said:
Im running everything maxed except AA which is off at a resolution of 1920x1200. Specs in sig.

Must be nice. I get 20-30 fps with everything maxed out at 800x600. Stupid fucking demo. :mad:

amd 64 fx-55
6800ultra
2 gb ram

All Killer No Filler said:
Must be nice. I get 20-30 fps with everything maxed out at 800x600. Stupid fucking demo. :mad:

amd 64 fx-55
6800ultra
2 gb ram
thats not right..may i suggest reinstalling ALL your drivers?

This game demo was fun and brought back lots of CoD experiences. Like the time I found a mg42 on that map with all those bushes and hedge rows and then suddenly enemies started spawning out of nowhere 15 ft in front of me.

Needless to say, I held down left click until I died and took many with me.

In this game, a machine gun actually feels like a machine gun. Not some rapid pea shooter.

4b5eN+EE said:
thats not right..may i suggest reinstalling ALL your drivers?

I updated my video and sound drviers after having this problem. I also checked to make sure I was using the latest directx version there is. I am. Demo still runs like shit. If I force directx 7, my fps shoots up to way above 100 (i forget). It doesnt make much sense, but I have found very little to explain why.

When you say "all drivers", what other ones should I replace? Sorry, I enough about computers to get by, but I was under the impression that only video and sound drivers affected games.

Back