California Teens Drug Parents to Get More Internet Time

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You know Internet addiction can be quite a powerful narcotic to some and in the case of two California teenagers can be downright dangerous and illegal. The two girls drugged the parents to knock them out just to get past a 10pm Internet curfew. What could possibly go wrong with that plan? :eek:

The girls have been charged with willfully mingling a pharmaceutical into food and conspiracy. They were booked in Placer County juvenile hall on New Year's Eve. Police have not disclosed what the girls were using the internet for.

I used to have a two hour long curfue as a kid. Never paid attention to it though. Would just stay on till threat of life or limb from my mother.

you know those are the types of girls that post pictures of their naughty bits online :D

I am from that area and I am not surprised.Placer County always keeps it real!

a 10pm curfew on new years eve? for internet use? really but 10 bucks parents were ultra conservative Christians

imo over restrictive parenting is just as bad as not doing any thing at all
and turning your kid in to the police? wow

a 10pm curfew on new years eve? for internet use? really but 10 bucks parents were ultra conservative Christians

imo over restrictive parenting is just as bad as not doing any thing at all
and turning your kid in to the police? wow

I would. Enjoy jail kids see how much my house hold rules suck after some time in the clank.

They went to the cops? I bet they were model Parents to begin with.

Gotta get pictures of your boobs onto 4chan somehow I guess.

Jesus, when I was a teenager I was allowed 1 hour of internet with a 28.8 modem after I asked politely.

i blame video games! i bet these girls had angry bird or some other type of game on their phone.

I would. Enjoy jail kids see how much my house hold rules suck after some time in the clank.

you missed the rest of that
i had a friend that had super restrictive parents
the out come?

he is on SSI because he CAN NOT FUNCTION in the real world from all the "therapeutic schools"(which most are not even accreted schools or treatment centers google WWASP schools and Synanon) he was sent to because he "rebelled"

The fact that no one here so far seems appalled that the kids "DRUGGED THEIR PARENTS" is utterly mind blowing to me. My kids ever pulled that kind of crap on me and they can be assured there is an ass beating that will follow.
large-bamboo-paddle-3.jpg

The fact that no one here so far seems appalled that the kids "DRUGGED THEIR PARENTS" is utterly mind blowing to me. My kids ever pulled that kind of crap on me and they can be assured there is an ass beating that will follow. http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/9/2167/large-bamboo-paddle-3.jpg

I'm with you on that one.

Kind of sickens me that a 16 year old would drug their own parents like this. Are they versed in pharmaceuticals enough to know how much to give them without them ODing? I think not, they fucked up and crossed the line.

Oh, I am appalled alright. Appalled that anyone has tried to defend the children, or that assumptions were made regarding religious and political affiliations due to expecting their kids to be off the internet by 10:00.

That anyone is surprised the police were called in a poisoning case is a real shocker.

The fact that no one here so far seems appalled that the kids "DRUGGED THEIR PARENTS" is utterly mind blowing to me. My kids ever pulled that kind of crap on me and they can be assured there is an ass beating that will follow.
large-bamboo-paddle-3.jpg

because beating a 16 year old is the right thing to do?
sure for a 5 year old but after 8 or 9 you need to stop

im not defending the kid but the fact it came to that tells me SOMETHING ELSE was going on as well

16 is almost an adult legally at that age you need to be treating them like adults not 5 year olds

i never had a curfew and i never stayed out late ether and if i stayed at a friends house i called a head of time

you have to give them SOME room to breath or kid will not learn to function in the world

You raise your kids like you choose, let them raise their the way they choose.

im not defending the kid but the fact it came to that tells me SOMETHING ELSE was going on as well

16 is almost an adult legally at that age you need to be treating them like adults not 5 year olds

i never had a curfew and i never stayed out late ether and if i stayed at a friends house i called a head of time

you have to give them SOME room to breath or kid will not learn to function in the world
Just because a 16 year old had a 10pm curfew and they decided to drug their parents to break that curfew does not mean that something else was going on, unless you have more facts than this story tells us. Oh and from the sounds of it the parents did treat her more like an adult buy marching her right down to the police station ;).
For all we know the parents could have been quite lenient with their daughter but the daughter did this a some sort of prank to show off in front of their friend they had over for the night. Kids are strange and will do some fucked up shit to look cool in front of their friends.

kids dont just drug there parents out of no where

10pm on a school night sure
but on NEW YEARS EVE? sounds like the parents where overly restrictive to me

The fact that no one here so far seems appalled that the kids "DRUGGED THEIR PARENTS" is utterly mind blowing to me. My kids ever pulled that kind of crap on me and they can be assured there is an ass beating that will follow. [IM G]http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/9/2167/large-bamboo-paddle-3.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, I'm appaled

Just because a 16 year old had a 10pm curfew and they decided to drug their parents to break that curfew does not mean that something else was going on, unless you have more facts than this story tells us. Oh and from the sounds of it the parents did treat her more like an adult buy marching her right down to the police station ;).
For all we know the parents could have been quite lenient with their daughter but the daughter did this a some sort of prank to show off in front of their friend they had over for the night. Kids are strange and will do some fucked up shit to look cool in front of their friends.

Put it this way. What parent asks the police to charge their 16 year old girls and take them to juvenile detention? Granted I don't have kids, and would not understand...but I don't think a one off juvenile prank would elicit such reaction out of a healthy family relationship. I really doubt it.

Oh, I'm appaled

Put it this way. What parent asks the police to charge their 16 year old girls and take them to juvenile detention? Granted I don't have kids, and would not understand...but I don't think a one off juvenile prank would elicit such reaction out of a healthy family relationship. I really doubt it.

^ this
and by the same a 16 year old kid doesnt just drug there parents if every thing else was fine

Clearly some of you haven't read the article.

The girls have been charged with willfully mingling a pharmaceutical into food and conspiracy. The(y) were booked in Placer County juvenile hall on New Year's Eve. Police have not disclosed what the girls were using the internet for.
(Fixed a typo in the paragraph)

From what I can discern, this happened on the 30th, not the 31st. I wonder what they needed to be doing on the internet to drug their parents to break the curfew. I'm a bit surprised that the parents knew what to do by going to the police station and buy the testing kit to test the drugged drink. The girls were put in jail ON New Year's Eve... it says nothing about whether they were bailed out that night - I doubt it. So they missed a party or two and fireworks FOR a few hours of internet use to flash their boobies to pervs online. Goes to show there's no common sense in these kids.

There's also something wrong with the parents if your kids act like that. Add in to the fact that they jailed their daughter on NYE. However, I've seen peer pressure / influence from other kids to affect certain kids to become rebellious. This friend who gave the drug to the girl is not the sort of friend any parents would want their child to be mingling with. They (the parents) should have known better. I bet they do now, though.

Clearly some of you haven't read the article.

(Fixed a typo in the paragraph)

From what I can discern, this happened on the 30th, not the 31st. I wonder what they needed to be doing on the internet to drug their parents to break the curfew. I'm a bit surprised that the parents knew what to do by going to the police station and buy the testing kit to test the drugged drink. The girls were put in jail ON New Year's Eve... it says nothing about whether they were bailed out that night - I doubt it. So they missed a party or two and fireworks FOR a few hours of internet use to flash their boobies to pervs online. Goes to show there's no common sense in these kids.

There's also something wrong with the parents if your kids act like that. Add in to the fact that they jailed their daughter on NYE. However, I've seen peer pressure / influence from other kids to affect certain kids to become rebellious. This friend who gave the drug to the girl is not the sort of friend any parents would want their child to be mingling with. They (the parents) should have known better. I bet they do now, though.

Was about to post the same thing about the actual drugging date, lol.

I will agree that there were some things that the parents should have been on the lookout for. I also have to question the friends parents, what was that girl doing with that many sleeping pills? I understand that she may have needed them to sleep but you only send her with what she needed for that one night and that's it, and maybe call and inform the parents of the house she is going to of that fact. I also wonder how it would have affected the parents had they drank the whole shake, OD maybe?

I have 2 children ages 14 and 8 and yes peer pressure will have them doing fucked up shit no matter how well your relationship is with them especially when they reach teenage status.

^ this
and by the same a 16 year old kid doesnt just drug there parents if every thing else was fine

In fairness the parents may not have had any say in locking their kids up since this is a drug crime. There's a slim chance this was a one off... But whenever a case makes the news about unrest in suburbia, it seldom is cut and dry and innocent pranks.

Using the police is a coward's tactic. Discipline your children yourself; don't use police to do it for you.

Too many people rely on the government to parent their children. This is the end result.

you can OD on stuff really easily if you take too much or mix with alcohol, god kids are stupid..

With any luck, they'll learn their lesson........... and I'm being extremely fucked up by saying this.... if they did OD, the kids would probably lose their internet completely, and they'll regret it then, if nothing else. (Considering, they were dumb enough to take such a route in the first place.)

If my kids pulled they shit they would be eating their pancakes with Ipecac.

pulled *this

3:45AM, maybe I should put myself on a curfew..

I remember getting my ass busted hard when we first got Netcom internet -- dial up 28.8kbps paid for by the hour. I didn't know about the hourly charges and when the first months bill came I was toast. All I was doing too was reading BBS's and forums, no actual WWW surfing (this was before it was popular)

As much as I'm addicted to the internet, the girls in this case sound like future psycho bitches. Granted the parents also sound a little TOO strict... but rules are rules. And in the long run whether the girls understand it or not, it's for their own good.

Whoop their ass -- HARD. Whether you agree or not, pain is the only universal language.

Sometimes, yes. Generally speaking I agree with you. However legally an adult and mentally are two vastly different things. This act crosses so many lines it is beyond the normal scope of misbehavior and requires being dealt with beyond the normal scope of punishment. You never had a curfew, neither did I. However just because they did, doesn't mean the parents were overly restrictive and this act was justified on any level. There are kids out there who simply do not respond to normal means.

This is why each generation is getting rapidly more like garbage. People project their restrictive (or what they believe was restrictive) childhood onto a situation like this and have a vastly distorted perspective.

Generally, with most drugs, there is a very fine line between drugging someone into unconsciousness and giving them brain damage or killing them. It why there are doctors who specialize in anesthesia. And assuming this was in their food, there was no way they controlled the dose. And regardless of how they got there and even if they drugged them just a little for kicks, they did something that makes them a threat to society and they need to punished.

And if I had a daughter was involved in activity where she could get drugs that potent and demonstrated this kind of recklessness, she probably would be under a 10pm curfew among other things as condition of staying under my roof. 16 or not.

The fact that no one here so far seems appalled that the kids "DRUGGED THEIR PARENTS" is utterly mind blowing to me. My kids ever pulled that kind of crap on me and they can be assured there is an ass beating that will follow. http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/9/2167/large-bamboo-paddle-3.jpg

Don't forget that most of the posters on this forum are teenagers... I've made that mistake myself in the past.

I don't fault the parents even if they seem a little too over-protective to suite my tastes because they're doing the job the best way they know how. Regardless what the parents have done in the past that might have triggered something like this they have done the best they can and decided that an action like this was beyond their abilities to discipline. The blame for this is solely on the girls and hopefully they come out of it with a better understanding of right and wrong - and without a hatred for their parents for how they reacted.

The fact that no one here so far seems appalled that the kids "DRUGGED THEIR PARENTS" is utterly mind blowing to me.
No, I think the realization is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and if the kids both thought it would be a good idea to drug their parents and the parents felt the need to go to the cops for it, pretty sure parenting was the problem here in the first place.

Its like people that have more than one unusually mean or aggressive dog. The problem is usually the owners.

No, I think the realization is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and if the kids both thought it would be a good idea to drug their parents and the parents felt the need to go to the cops for it, pretty sure parenting was the problem here in the first place.

Its like people that have more than one unusually mean or aggressive dog. The problem is usually the owners.

Only one of the girls was theirs, the other was a friend staying the night ;).

Does the seriousness of this just completely elude you? Or do you just not have kids?

Funny that so many people knee jerk blames the parents. Kids very often do get their own personalities, their own mindsets regardless of the level of parenting involved or do people only take that into consideration when there's positive outcomes like the first family member to go to college or what not?

Try not giving your kids a cell phone, ever, they're going to learn about cell phones from friends, and that seed will be planted and you'll all of a sudden a "restrictive parent" and your kids very likely might rebel against you in some way, and it's not because the parents were "bad parents" Internet off by 10PM, and it's the parents that are being overly restrictive? Fucking please, if anything those rules show that the parents have GOOD parenting schools. And yes I might be old fashioned but a teenage girl should not have a social life after 10pm.

It's easy to see the majority of posters in this thread are infact children.

Granted I don't have kids, and would not understand...but I don't think a one off juvenile prank would elicit such reaction out of a healthy family relationship. I really doubt it.
^ this
The juvenile mindset.

Remember, no matter what, you don't slip a drug into your parents drink because it is obviously the wrong thing to do and it can kill them in a few different ways. This is a simple fact for wthose who think clearly. Who cares what the other side of the story is because we will never find out anyway, and can anyone really believe what the girls have to say at this point?

You don't blame the victim, and you suppress the urge to say "they deserved it".

Back