California Launching Their "Own Damn Satellite" to Fight Climate Change

Thing is "Global Warming" is not happening. The Earth is in a trend of cooling right now and the spazzes that are crying about "climate change" have changed their tune and don't tend to say "global warming" anymore.

Do you know what dictates the temperature of Earth? It is the Sun. Maybe if we install a thermostat on the Sun, we can then control the temperature of the Earth.

For urban areas that they want to cool down, one simple.. or maybe not so simple thing as it would cost a whole lot of money is:
1. Eliminate blacktop which soaks up heat and radiates it for hours after it is dark out and go to only cement
2. Eliminate tar based roofing (shingles) and go to something that doesn't soak up the heat and radiate down into the house even after the sun has gone down.

We went from a shingle roof to a light colored metal roof about a year ago and the temperature in our house dropped significantly during the summer. Electric bill is about $50 or so less per month.

But we can't use logic to reduce electricity usage and of course cement costs more up front than blacktop.. but whatever. People just want to keep being dumb so that is the way it is going to be for the foreseeable future.

Today's post full of wrong! Guess we we not paying attention to all the VOLCANOES blowing all over the RING OF FIRE. And Iceland. Something that scientist DIDN'T consider. You're little metal roof isn't saving shit when a whole mountain is blowing it's top off. 1 volcano hurts the atmosphere more than 100 years of mans foot print. Galapagos Islands blew this summer. One in Chile. Oh and isn't Hawaii still brewing???? WTF is wrong with people like you? You going to magically cork fucking volcanoes with your metal roof and $50 savings???

https://www.amnh.org/explore/scienc...ate-record/the-coming-and-going-of-an-ice-age

The Obama White House put a gag on the USGS in 2012 to not report EQ activity of any kind of Yellowstone. Why? Oh, the animals leaving the park, and the ones dying near the hot springs that are also heating up.

Yellowstone Blows were all dead period. That kind of global warming you don't survive.

No what man should have been doing is building the space program up, not down (Thanks Bush, Obama, for dismantling that) and finding ways sooner than later to recolonize else where. If the earth keeps releasing its own gases, think MARS.

Thank you and goodnight. Hug your families, love, live, and enjoy each day. And never ever vote for someone named Gore.

The earth is in a trend of cooling? We broke several records for high's this year. I wish it was cooling!

You can't just take single days. You have to take the averages year over year.

Now if it was always hotter a majority of the days in a year then it was in past years it would possible be valid.

By just looking at single day highs, you are only looking at a small number of data points.

Was there any flare up of the Sun during those days?

Were there less clouds in that area then there were the year before?

Was there less wind in that area then there was the year before?

Was there any weather systems moving hotter air into the area than there was the year before?

What about days that were unseasonably cool or that break cold records? How do you explain those?

Single day records pretty much mean squat.

How do we know that thousands of years before that the temperatures were not even warmer or colder?

The Earth goes through natural cycles.

To think that we little specks can do anything to actually change the climate is laughable.

Today's post full of wrong! Guess we we not paying attention to all the VOLCANOES blowing all over the RING OF FIRE. And Iceland. Something that scientist DIDN'T consider. You're little metal roof isn't saving shit when a whole mountain is blowing it's top off. 1 volcano hurts the atmosphere more than 100 years of mans foot print. Galapagos Islands blew this summer. One in Chile. Oh and isn't Hawaii still brewing???? WTF is wrong with people like you? You going to magically cork fucking volcanoes with your metal roof and $50 savings???

https://www.amnh.org/explore/scienc...ate-record/the-coming-and-going-of-an-ice-age

The Obama White House put a gag on the USGS in 2012 to not report EQ activity of any kind of Yellowstone. Why? Oh, the animals leaving the park, and the ones dying near the hot springs that are also heating up.

Yellowstone Blows were all dead period. That kind of global warming you don't survive.

No what man should have been doing is building the space program up, not down (Thanks Bush, Obama, for dismantling that) and finding ways sooner than later to recolonize else where. If the earth keeps releasing its own gases, think MARS.

Thank you and goodnight. Hug your families, love, live, and enjoy each day. And never ever vote for someone named Gore.

I'm not talking about volcanoes. And volcanoes have absolutely nothing to do with the spaz-out about the hoax of "global warming/climate change".

The earth is in a trend of cooling? We broke several records for high's this year. I wish it was cooling!
We're supposed to be going into a period of cooling, but most scientists believe at best we'll level off for a few years before it gets much worse. IT's definitely not getting cooler. I'm in Colorado and we're still in the 90s. IOW both high and low temps are roughly 10-20 degress above normal. Oh well at least it's a dry heat :D

Is that a spoof or for real?

I doubt it. I have been seeing more and more labels with "In California this product has been know to cause".
This is real. I saw it on Thursday at a mall in Pleasanton CA. I thought it was so funny I had to shoot it. I can go back and [H] tag it and shoot it again. The sears there obviously isn’t gonna make it

Thing is "Global Warming" is not happening.
Maybe, maybe not: it's hard to tell, because there's so many variable inputs and it's a large, complex system with very long time constants.

But I think the real issue is the long-term sustainability of our current way of life. If humans are, for example, putting more CO2 into the atmosphere than the ecosystem can remove, that imbalance will cause CO2 levels to rise, and that might bite us in the ass someday. Or it might turn much of the planet into a warm lush paradise, who really knows for sure? And do we really want to sustain our current way of life?

Most advocates for the "ecology" are basically just anti-change: they want ecosystems to stay as they are (or go back to what they image they used to be before man changed them). Frankly, they'd have more luck trying to hold back the tide. The one constant in nature is change: the evolution of new ecosystems and species, the extinction of the old. The forces that drive these changes are massive and unstoppable: plate tectonics, solar output variation, supervolcanoes, and so on. It's only on the insignificant time scale we humans use that you can even image you've slowed change down, and you can't ever really stop it: genes change with every generation.

So why do people even try? Ultimately, there's no reason other than "I want this" or "I've been indoctrinated to think this is good."
Ultimately, that's the only reason any of us have for anything.

volcanoes out do anything we can do a 1000x times over.
Only because we're not trying. We already have the technology to divert asteroids towards the Earth.
We could do that if we wanted, people are talking about putting asteroids in orbit to mine the precious metals.
But it's just as easy to send them down to the surface.

One nice thing about asteroids as weapons is the enormous amount of potential energy they already have, by virtue of being tens of millions of miles farther from the sun than us. And they'd also be pretty hard to stop once they were on final approach. Ref: Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

More like keeping us a laughing stock in the world. Political propaganda is NOT science.

The whole world agreed on it, we just have politicians pretending to be scientists and idiots following them blindly like it's a football team, buncha uneducated tribals basically, that how far we've fallen from the space race days.

Handle checks out.

Hey, if you don't make it in California, you can always move to Austin. I think people crap in the streets there too.

I came from rust belt, I know pretty well they live in glass houses, really tiny shaky ones, but throw stones out of ignorance and insecurity.

Cali is not perfect, but it sure as hell better than most places I've been to so far. Don't need to tell me about homeless and opioids, I've been to Appalachia long enough to know the trash they sweep under the rug on such issues.

Last edited:
If the US seriously thought the earth or mankind was in some kind of danger due to anthropogenic climate change, they'd be pushing for 100% nuclear power. They'd be pushing for Gen4 reactors. They'd be pushing research and reforming/removing costly regulations. They aren't.

Odd.

What exactly did "the whole world" agree on?

Don't worry about it.

Climate-Interview-650x509.png

If the US seriously thought the earth or mankind was in some kind of danger due to anthropogenic climate change, they'd be pushing for 100% nuclear power. They'd be pushing for Gen4 reactors. They'd be pushing research and reforming/removing costly regulations. They aren't.

Odd.
Not really. There's more money to be made from government-subsidized wind and solar, because it doesn't need a decade to get approved.
Most of the people in power don't care about anything past the next election or executive bonus payout.

Not really. There's more money to be made from government-subsidized wind and solar, because it doesn't need a decade to get approved.
Most of the people in power don't care about anything past the next election or executive bonus payout.
I'm aware.
Guess I should have put the /s tag after I wrote 'odd'.

The whole world agreed on it, we just have politicians pretending to be scientists and idiots following them blindly like it's a football team, buncha uneducated tribals basically, that how far we've fallen from the space race days.

I came from rust belt, I know pretty well they live in glass houses, really tiny shaky ones, but throw stones out of ignorance and insecurity.

Cali is not perfect, but it sure as hell better than most places I've been to so far. Don't need to tell me about homeless and opioids, I've been to Appalachia long enough to know the trash they sweep under the rug on such issues.

Spent some time there too, its pretty bad. Too bad, its beautiful country. If only people would stop and look, instead of pumping themselves full of chemicals.

I love how threads meander all over the place on this forum. Fascinating to read.

You have to give Brown and that state credit. They do find the most creative ways to blow through cash of any state in the country. We do need one state like that so we have a model of how not to run a state. Sometimes common sense and responsible thinking are just not enough to ward off acts of stupidity, or as we say in Texas as we hand a beer to a friend, "Watch this!". Yes, we all have our moments. Califiornia just seems to be stuck in that mode.

As a model for a state within a constitutional republic, California launching this type of satellite is exemplary. Cali has been 'the first' for a lot of things, but the problem is they've legislated themselves broke and prioritized some strange shit.

Spent some time there too, its pretty bad. Too bad, its beautiful country. If only people would stop and look, instead of pumping themselves full of chemicals.
It's the same phenomenon in the inner cities partly caused by extended joblessness. Good work ethics are lost and forgotten ... including personal finance skills. Cheap drugs arrived soon after and were just the icing on their shit cake. I hate blaming victims but more of them should have followed the jobs years ago and migrated out.

To stop global warming we need to stop polluting.
To stop polluting we need to stop using things... we won't though.
So, to get people to stop using things we need to... eliminate the problem.
Apparently that is frowned upon, so, mandatory vasectomies oughta slow things down.
show us the way.

Its sad all of the comments on here, spewing hate at one another. I really do wish the climate change deniers would take some time, maybe turn off the TV, put down the remote , and go and take a course on the earths natural systems and learn the science behind it all. I know it takes time, money and brain power. You'll then realize how uninformed you were prior.

Dont make it about political allegiances, dont listen to what your "party" has to say. Learn it from peer reviewed research and not just one article, read many...from many sources. Please, for the sake of the planet get educated, perhaps you dont give a shit about the planet, then do it for your family and future generations. I feel so bad for folks in the US right now, political hatred has divided so many and has blinded ones ability to use reason and research and limit internal bias. Be above it

Its sad all of the comments on here, spewing hate at one another. I really do wish the climate change deniers would take some time, maybe turn off the TV, put down the remote , and go and take a course on the earths natural systems and learn the science behind it all. I know it takes time, money and brain power. You'll then realize how uninformed you were prior.

Dont make it about political allegiances, dont listen to what your "party" has to say. Learn it from peer reviewed research and not just one article, read many...from many sources. Please, for the sake of the planet get educated, perhaps you dont give a shit about the planet, then do it for your family and future generations. I feel so bad for folks in the US right now, political hatred has divided so many and has blinded ones ability to use reason and research and limit internal bias. Be above it

Except there is literally mountains of research on -BOTH- sides of climate change both proving and disproving it. It's extremely confusing for both parties. Stating one is more stupid and lazy than the other is asinine. "Misinformed" is the correct term, and I would invite you to use it.

The more APPROPRIATE statement would be to say: There is really no GOOD reason to continue on with pollution of these levels at this day and age. There are also likely 1000 reasons to get off of fossil fuels even without pollution being drawn into the whole affair.

Does burning fossil fuel contribute to Earth's environment? I say yes, but in a different way than Global Warming extremist want to state.

Additionally - California abusing state policies and laws to make things more difficult for its population and making people want to move out is a political issue whether you believe it to be or not.

Regardless on either side's opinion and regardless on if the earth is warming or cooling, isn't it a good idea to pollute less, create cleaner energy sources like nuclear, and find a way to solve the the problem of needing an ever increasing amount of energy to power our gaming rigs and super computers crunching away to cure cancer? The more teach increases and the population increases via way of problems solved, we need an exponential amount of more energy to sustain the populace. If we just stopped arguing about the weather and focused on solving the real problems we may have a better future.

According to the scientists where I am sitting was under 2 miles of ice 10000 years ago. I didn't realize there were no clog toilets 10000 years ago.

Does burning fossil fuel contribute to Earth's environment? I say yes, but in a different way than Global Warming extremist want to state.

It's not hard science. You can take a core of ice from the Antarctic to measure CO2 in the air. Top layers clearly have more CO2 in them. They can project from there the amount of CO2 raised right around fossil fuels became huge.

Humankind is clearly having an effect on the planet. It's science fact.

It's not hard science. You can take a core of ice from the Antarctic to measure CO2 in the air. Top layers clearly have more CO2 in them. They can project from there the amount of CO2 raised right around fossil fuels became huge.

Shhhh this thread is clearly about baseless bashing of California and climate change fact supporters. Don't get pulled into this. It is a TRAP. It's like walking into a preschool and trying to teach imaginary numbers. They will pretend to pay attention, but really it's the paste they are chewing on that as them enthralled.

State GDPs, 3rd Quarter 2017[1]
Rank State GDP
(in millions$USD)

23px-Flag_of_California.svg.png
California 2,751,302
23px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png
Texas 1,706,077
23px-Flag_of_New_York.svg.png
New York 1,561,714

That's the top three... clearly California is doing just HORRIBLY.

Again - Does burning fossil fuel contribute to Earth's environment? I say yes, but in a different way than Global Warming extremist want to state.

You proved an increase in CO2. You did not prove an prolonged increase in Global Temperatures in relation to the CO2.

Is this science? Sure. But it's extremely prone to misinterpretation of results.

Heh, it would be interesting to compare the comments here to what would show up on ARS techinca if they had an article on the same subject. Pretty sure I like the commenting here better than the comments that would show up on ARS.

I am also getting out of California, can't stand buffoonery any more. About the only thing I like about California anymore is the weather.

Shhhh this thread is clearly about baseless bashing of California and climate change fact supporters. Don't get pulled into this. It is a TRAP. It's like walking into a preschool and trying to teach imaginary numbers. They will pretend to pay attention, but really it's the paste they are chewing on that as them enthralled.

State GDPs, 3rd Quarter 2017[1]
Rank State GDP
(in millions$USD)

1 View attachment 104522 California 2,751,302
2 View attachment 104523 Texas 1,706,077
3 View attachment 104524 New York 1,561,714

That's the top three... clearly California is doing just HORRIBLY.

GDP is part of an equation. Posting these numbers without the -costs- is number manipulation. You are merely pointing at a populated state and stating that it has a big GDP. Of course it does.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-jerry-brown-budget-trump-risks-20170110-story.html

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html

California is now, finally in the black, yes. Marginally. Barely. Once the economy goes into recession again as it always does, it will be back in the red. It's most assuredly still in debt. Additionally, each citizen in California owes $5,000 MORE than my own state. So I would argue that it is indeed doing poorly in terms of spending.

I'm sure this Satellite is going to help. :)

Last edited:
Again - Does burning fossil fuel contribute to Earth's environment? I say yes, but in a different way than Global Warming extremist want to state.

You proved an increase in CO2. You did not prove an prolonged increase in Global Temperatures in relation to the CO2.

Is this science? Sure. But it's extremely prone to misinterpretation of results.

No still easy science. I just didn't want to spell it all out when you can google it yourself.

CO2 goes into the ocean, raising the temperature and PH.

It isn't a natural change to the planet. We are doing change to our world in decades what would take millions of years.

It's easy to measure and test. It's not that complicated. Scientist have been predicting climate change since the 70s and technology has only made it easier to track.

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
  1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
Real cute.
Guy makes an absurd claim.
Guy gets asked to clarify it.
Guy runs away after posting some irrelevant meme.
Guy is a coward.

I'd prefer to discuss the issues but some folks prefer to just make bold claims and expect to never get called on their bullshit.

Temperature and CO2 measurements going back hundreds of thousands of years show similar rise and fall of temperature and CO2 over a much longer period of time than is typically used. CO2 rise generally lags temperature rise - think about that.

400000yearslarge1.gif

This is true. We've driven the polio virus to practical extinction, for example. Damn us to hell!

Fortunately, the Endangered Species Act has not yet been held to include viruses.
But the 9th Circuit has done some pretty weird stuff, so you never know.

Back