Caliber Dev Calls Game Journalists Worthless Parasites Peddling Clickbait

I can only handle so much of their nerdcrew sketches, but its pretty funny, especially youre reasonably well-adjusted Star wars fan as apposed to people who literally cry when a new trailer comes out.

It gets a lot worse when you see who they are satirizing as well.

Russian developer Albert Zhiltsov, who currently serves as the producer for shooter game “Caliber,” is no fan of game journalists and did not mince words during a recent Twitch interview, calling them “worthless parasites; a bane on the gaming industry; pathetic, trash-peddling scrubs who need to put out to pasture for good.” Zhiltsov argues most know nothing about game development, and that their roles as reviewers have been usurped by streamers.

There are some that do agree that how he said what he said was inflammatory and caustic, but most also concede that gaming media is not very reliable nor as useful as they should be. The biggest issue is that many games journalists aren’t very knowledgeable about video games in general, or having barely a passing understanding of how games are developed, so their opinions are usually worth less than the people who buy and play games.
Hardly suprising, I think most journalists fit into this category these days. They do their masters bidding or they don't get the exposure and revenue.
It also sounds just like many auto journalists. Doug De Muro being a perfect example of an inept lugenpresse pawn that generates clickbait and has almost no understanding of the inner workings of a car. It'd be like me writing about women's fashion. I have no clue about it and wouldn't pretend I did.
These days I'd rather read user reviews, people who actually play games and don't just write about them for money.
/rage

Headlines from "PUBG players ticked off at changes, here's why"

Source to literally 10 players on Reddit making a stink

to

"This Call of Duty game features something new, find out what here!"

/facepalm

Writing and journalism industry has gone to shit in general. The market is WAY over saturated.
Everyone wants to work from home without putting the hard yards in. I mostly do and it took 7 years of hard slogging, hands on experience and understanding my industry to get there. I can't wait till this horseshit 'journalism' dies and runs out of sheckels. This stuff is why most comment sections are closed or non-existent. If you don't tolerate feedback then in most cases you are a lying, dishonest piece of shit with an agenda for propaganda.

Also plenty game "journolist" are like say Christian rock artists. Many simply failed in preferred area and put on team "x" hat and took available work.

That's to say nothing of word vomit to meet quotas and deadlines.

Redlettermedia guys do a pitch perfect parody of this with their nerd crew series.

http://redlettermedia.com/the-nerd-crew/

Over my long career, I've worked at several companies who employed journalism majors in various positions. At the risk of offending people, let's just say that I agree with your observation and that most of these folks were complete idiots, similar to people who majored in things like gender studies. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed and as a result, were easy pickings for their professors to indoctrinate with whatever political views they possessed. Many are more interested in twisting any imaginable story to fit their political agenda, including video game stories.

This thread reminds me of The Verge's attempt to make a video on how to build a PC and the clueless dolt who made the video. That incident seems to be all too common in journalism in general and tech journalism specifically. In contrast, look at the stories here at [H] - obviously the stories are much higher quality because they're written by actual tech experts with massive amounts of experience and the truth being the only goal in their stories, not some silly political agenda.

Back