Calendar Sync, custom app offers welcome!

MadJuggla9

2[H]4U
I have a client that has been on my heels for a while. This is a lawyer who wants to sync his PC Law calendar with Outlook, with Google calendar, and his Iphone calendar. This is something I have attempted twice, both times wondering why he was so deep in a hole.

The PC Law's latest has a calendar sync but their department was unable to get the mobility working on 3 seperate computers. Can someone shed some light on a possibility, or perhaps an alternative? This is a ridiculous amount of work just to get it to barely work, not to mention timing and syncing everywhere.

I'm willing to pay for custom development if it will alleviate this situation. Keep in mind, this is an attorney. I just want this calendar nonsense behind me.

Thanks,
Chris

I have zero familiarity with this PC Law program, but does it support Outlook integration? And if so, does the company use MS Exchange for their email/calendar etc.? There's a Google Apps Sync for MS Exchange here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync The company will probably have to pay for google's business services (i.e., I've never tried this). Assuming the calendar FROM PC Law gets TO Outlook/Exchange, google apps sync should handle syncing to the person's google calendar. On the iPhone, as long as the calendar is set to be sync'd from the Exchange account, it should show up on their iPhone calendar (or alternatively, if sync to google calendar works, just use the google calendar that sync's with PC Law/outlook as the calendar for the iPhone), and they should be able to make calendar entries/changes on the iPhone, and have them propagate back to the various other calendars (assuming Exchange sync).

Disclaimer, I haven't tried these things. I also don't know if syncing work-related items for lawyers to google calendar is a great idea without sufficient security precautions (2nd factor authentication on their google account, etc.). Most companies actively prohibit syncing company calendars to 'personal' calendars.

I have zero familiarity with this PC Law program, but does it support Outlook integration? And if so, does the company use MS Exchange for their email/calendar etc.? There's a Google Apps Sync for MS Exchange here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync The company will probably have to pay for google's business services (i.e., I've never tried this). Assuming the calendar FROM PC Law gets TO Outlook/Exchange, google apps sync should handle syncing to the person's google calendar. On the iPhone, as long as the calendar is set to be sync'd from the Exchange account, it should show up on their iPhone calendar (or alternatively, if sync to google calendar works, just use the google calendar that sync's with PC Law/outlook as the calendar for the iPhone), and they should be able to make calendar entries/changes on the iPhone, and have them propagate back to the various other calendars (assuming Exchange sync).

Disclaimer, I haven't tried these things. I also don't know if syncing work-related items for lawyers to google calendar is a great idea without sufficient security precautions (2nd factor authentication on their google account, etc.). Most companies actively prohibit syncing company calendars to 'personal' calendars.

Nothing fancy with exchange, just Outlook, iphone, pclaw, google and a local carriers pop/smtp mail server. The PC Law software does have an outlook extension and I believe it works good enough (other than time delay). Then google and iphone sync, but theres always something quirky making the synced data sync up again from outlook/pclaw to/from google/iphone.

It's a shame their own program doesn't even work, that could be a lawsuit ;)

I've referred him to business side of google before, but he was hesitant. He may just have to bite the bullet and make change. Thanks for the link as it's the best solution thus far, I still hoping for a unicorn to rear its head and magically work ... anyone that's dealt with PC law shed some light ... bc their company isn't doing a thing.

Back