Cables for Aruba Switch, Intel & Mellanox 10G Cards

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
I am trying to setup a few computers on the following devices and networking cables/parts are still a mystery to me:

• Aruba Networks S2500-48P-4x10G PoE switch
  • Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT CX311A ConnectX-3 EN 10Gbe NIC
  • Intel X520-DA2 10Gbe NIC

Pretty much the computers/switches will be 10feet or less from each other, I am just trying to send files between each of them. I am not sure what cables/transceivers is required for this use-case and I am looking for the most cost effective solution.

Would something like this for $20 work?

https://www.amazon.com/XDACBL3M-10GBASE-CU-Direct-Passive-3-Meter/dp/B06XKGF4R7/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=sfp++cable+intel&qid=1620168565&sr=8-5

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My experience is, Intel is picky about SFPs, Mellanox (now Nvidia) is not. I have no experience with twinax & intel, but I highly suggest get one marketed as intel compatible. Also no experience with Aruba, so that intel twinax might not work on Aruba (but I bet it would, I've never had an issue with HP switches). I would suggest going fiber so you can get compatible sfps on ether side of the link. Can usually find SR optics on ebay for less than $10, just have to know what's compatible with your device. I used monoprice for OM3 fiber.

Thank you on the fiber tip, I didn't even think about that.

Back