Cable Connection, Line Unhealthy?

R

ring.of.steel

Had lots of problems with virgin media and dropping connections slow speeds etc. i have decided that my line is too weak and that is maybe why this is happening. Here is my mode signal status page: Click

Does this line look unhealthy to you?

Edit note the low power on the upstream power level.

Downstream

Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB
Power Level -2 dBmV seems ok?
Frequency 339000000 Hz Locked

Upstream

Channel ID 4
Frequency 41000000 Hz Ranged
Power Level 28 dBmV too low?

could anyone do a quick check on the power levels of your modem?

Its a old school sb4100 by the way, and its not the modem because iv tried 2.

Power level is too low. Mine is sitting at 47

Frequency 561000000 Hz Locked
Power Level -5 dB
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value
Channel ID 3
Frequency 34000000 Hz Ranged
Power Level 47 dBmV

connnection speed is 4mb. called out my isp engineers to install some signal boosters.

Don't think standard CATV signal booster is going to do anything for your internet connection.

First question is how many splitters and what type of cable connection do you have, ie RG59 or RG6?

May want to try a new SB5101 modem, I know there is a huge difference for me going from SB5100 to SB5100.

Frequency 339000000 Hz Locked
Power Level -2 dBmV The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value
Channel ID 4
Frequency 41000000 Hz Ranged

Power Level 28 dBmV

Your power levels look to be low. You need a tech to come out.

Don't think standard CATV signal booster is going to do anything for your internet connection.

First question is how many splitters and what type of cable connection do you have, ie RG59 or RG6?

May want to try a new SB5101 modem, I know there is a huge difference for me going from SB5100 to SB5100.

I have one two way splitter for tv and internet, im not sure on the actual cale connection. The tech is coming out tomorrow im not sure what hes going to do.

The sb4100 has been an amazing modem for me i dont really want to get rid of it ;)

the tech came round today and installed some boosters in the cabinet, seems to be ok now.

Back