Cable cleanup, mission successful. (pics=56k fear)

Knife

Limp Gawd
So, a bit back ago. One or two weeks I had posted the picture of my new desk. People had commented about my mess of wires that I've just always ignored. Being a "fire hazard" or "dust collector" had given me some thought, and with my free-time from about 8PM to circa 11PM last night, it was time for change.

Before

Logitech.jpg

After

Desk_02.jpg

Desk_03.jpg
Desk_04.jpg

So glad got this outta the way. As far my peripherals go, I'll only be setting them up on here when I actually plan to use them for gaming.

Anyways, kudos to cable organization!

Props for cable organization!

Hmm the Albertsons Employee card is gone..Hmm...

Made me laugh when I saw your cable modem. ReArranged my area last night and had to put the cable modem on ground also, same exact modem!

looks pretty, i think i have some OCD about keeping my wires neat too.

Originally posted by NotSoSimple
Props for cable organization!

Hmm the Albertsons Employee card is gone..Hmm...

Made me laugh when I saw your cable modem. ReArranged my area last night and had to put the cable modem on ground also, same exact modem!

As far the Albertsons.. well, it's on my apron. :) That's crazy about the modem, haha. Thing has treated me well however.

Originally posted by wipeout833
Very nice job on the cabling and also I love that computer case.

It's an freakin' awesome case. Clean and nice to work with. Gotta love Lian-Li's pieces of plastic they put on the rough edges.. oh how many cuts that has prevented.

That table is nice. How much for one of those? And where did you purchase it from?

Nice modem, hehe, use that same one. I am guessing Comcast? Very nice setup.

NICE JOB MAN

i remember your other post, and how people ripped into you about your cable organization.

the only thing i would recommend is

if the budget allows spring for a monitor mount, seems like your center channel is blocking a bit of your monitor. atleast from this angle. idunno

but again good job

Originally posted by Chelica
That table is nice. How much for one of those? And where did you purchase it from?

Nice modem, hehe, use that same one. I am guessing Comcast? Very nice setup.

seen a desk like that at Sams club. it was actually 3 pieces, desk, some kinda rolling drawer and something else. Not sure if it's the same thing, looked pretty similar.

Nice wire clean up. Makes it look more professional.
Also did you get that desk from target???

Anyone knows for how much tho? I am really looking for a big ass desk where I can have the keyboard placed on the same level as the monitor.

do you need a longer coax for your modem? I think it looks odd sitting so far from the desk.

Will the center channel speaker reach up to that window sill above your monitor?

Other than that, Nice job! I like it!

I dont mean to offend anyone, or put anyone down, but I was just thinking that it's kind of funny that people get praised on here for cleaning up their messiness... :)

Originally posted by d03boy
I dont mean to offend anyone, or put anyone down, but I was just thinking that it's kind of funny that people get praised on here for cleaning up their messiness... :)

Why? Fixing a problem is no longer praise worthy?

It makes sense when you think about it. When you see someone kick a 5 year Heroin addiction do you say "Shouldn't have started in the first place!"?

:)

Originally posted by Notquiteanewbie
the only thing i would recommend is

if the budget allows spring for a monitor mount, seems like your center channel is blocking a bit of your monitor. atleast from this angle. idunno

Fortunately it's not really blocking anything.

Originally posted by YoUnAn
Nice wire clean up. Makes it look more professional.
Also did you get that desk from target???

Got the desk for free from some neighbors, no clue where they got it. There was a lower slide-out for a keyboard and mouse, just found that in the way for leg-room. So got rid of it.

Originally posted by WS6
do you need a longer coax for your modem? I think it looks odd sitting so far from the desk.

Yes and no.

It's the coax that Comcast gave me, plus fits great for where my wap is as well length of Cat6 I got. Where my wap is now gives a great signal throughout the house, if I put it elsewhere it for some odd reason doesn't hit well.

Originally posted by Foolio882
Will the center channel speaker reach up to that window sill above your monitor?

Other than that, Nice job! I like it!

In the way of my blinds. My next project sometime in the future is actually mounting the speakers on the walls/or ceiling in my room.

I'll see how that goes.

Originally posted by Foolio882
When you see someone kick a 5 year Heroin addiction do you say "Shouldn't have started in the first place!"?

I do.

But as for the wire clean-up....good job. I only say this 'cause it made me think of the wire mess that I have.

Now I am in the midst of rearanging my office as to take full advantage of the outlets(daisy chain'n surge protectors is not a good). Had to do a rush set up on the intial movein to get set up quick. Now I have ample time and should spend a good deal of time on wire managment.

I didn't see anyone mention it, and you may not have any problems, but, if you notice any audio/video strangeness since reorganizing your cables, then you'll need to split off your power lines from running paralell with the audio or video lines. Power cables can cause interference, in some situations.

Back