C++

Discussion in 'Webmastering & Programming' started by nomak, May 3, 2005.

1. nomak

nomak Limp Gawd

I am interested in learning to program in C++. Are there any good books with software to create example programs that are for beginners ?? thanks..

2. theDot

theDot 2[H]4U

Books such as you mentioned do not exist.

jk

Check out the C or C++ textbooks from Deitel & Deitel, I like them. They have plenty of examples and make excellent reference books as well, for basic programming.

3. metallicafan

metallicafan [H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2010

My first programming book was "How To Program C++" from Deitel. I thought that it was a good book. It gave lots of good examples, had a good index from referance, and came with an introductory version of Microsoft Visual C++. I never used that software however. A good book to start with though without a doubt.

4. Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows 2[H]4U

Dear lord my c++ course used that book, if you enjoy mindless rambling then pick up a copy of c++ how to program.

5. BillLeeLee

BillLeeLee [H]ardForum Junkie

I'd recommend Stephen Prata's C++ Primer Plus, it's the book I really learned C++ from. It doesn't come with software, but you can just download a free compiler like GCC.

6. DoMeHardR

DoMeHardR Limp Gawd

^ Great book. Also if you just starting out Dev-C++ is a great free IDE and uses MinGW as it's compiler.