C|Net Forced To Pull "Best of CES" Nomination

While it is nice to see someone with journalistic integrity take a stand, it is sad to know he is now out of work for doing so. :(

I might have missed the part where they fired him for taking a stand. He quit. It's not like him "taking a stand" led to him being canned. His "stand" was quitting. He's out of work at his own request.

Not that I support what CBS, CNET, etc did at all, but I prefer realistic headlines.

That guy will land on his feet just fine. CBS had better worry though. Looks like Dish basically invented AdBlock for TVs with that Hopper thing.

I've always treated CNET as a joke site. Especially after they tried to debunk myths by asking Best Buy's Geek Squad questions.

Well now, CNET was good back in the day. It was great for a fledgling computer enthusiast to visit cnet.com and download a bunch of different software packages to play around with.

I don't play around much anymore and old habits die hard. I still will visit cnet to look for different software idea/solutions and then branch out from there. It reminds me of NewEgg. They were good, but now they're just good for their search.

seems this story only gets better
turns out CES PAYED CNET do the official "Best of CES" so this isnt just CNETs own reviews that got
CES should demand that CNET award the best of show to Dish screw what CBS thinks

Back