Bykski has new Threadripper block

Very cool. Being in Shenzen really gives them an edge in rapid prototyping.

Yea, its standardized at G1/4 ports. Everything is G1/4 unless stated otherwise. You can pick up any manner of fittings, barbs or compressions off Amazon bonus for prime shipping.

For ex.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B072C4DG5R?psc=1
Killer. Have not had reason to upgrade on the water cooling front for years. Have done comparos between three different systems now, and I can say this....surface area is important.

Yep water cooling has come a long way, you can pretty much mix and match since going to the G1/4 standard fittings. The only thing you have to pay attention to, there are a lot of sizes for hard tubing, both english and metric and differing tube wall thicknesses.

Yep water cooling has come a long way, you can pretty much mix and match since going to the G1/4 standard fittings. The only thing you have to pay attention to, there are a lot of sizes for hard tubing, both english and metric and differing tube wall thicknesses.
Rgrt, thanks for the heads up. Funny thing is I sold industrial hose and tubing for a decade before I started HardOCP. So I have to ask when I don't see specs. :)

This block achieves as tight as .3mm fin spacing so it is about as good as it gets matching the top blocks. You get a choice of the .5mm channel or .3mm channel. The .3mm channel is obviously better cooling wise but it will wear more and become a real possible issue with corrosion. However if you can keep the insides clean will net better cooling.
Not sure which one was on that page, just bought it. Was not an option that I saw.

This block achieves as tight as .3mm fin spacing so it is about as good as it gets matching the top blocks. You get a choice of the .5mm channel or .3mm channel. The .3mm channel is obviously better cooling wise but it will wear more and become a real possible issue with corrosion. However if you can keep the insides clean will net better cooling.
Ah, it is in the specs. .3mm

"The bottom of block bottom made by high quality copper and CNC machining, surface plating nickel, with 0.3mm water channel, the radiation area is very great."

And I pull these things all the time, so getting out my razor to clean channels is not a big deal.

Only thing I find a bit odd about their mounting system is that it appears to be just four screws and not spring loaded. I am sure Kyle will tell us if that causes any issues or is somehow different than how Bykski pictured it.

Just saw this on tpu, XSPC's TR4 block!

CPlq6BPh.jpg

Only thing I find a bit odd about their mounting system is that it appears to be just four screws and not spring loaded. I am sure Kyle will tell us if that causes any issues or is somehow different than how Bykski pictured it.

Its just an illustration, comes with standard screw/spring setup.

thesmokingman

Are these available or just announcements? I have used the Raystorm in my last two builds and I like it a lot. Assuming these are just as nice too.

Just saw this on tpu, XSPC's TR4 block!

CPlq6BPh.jpg

Its just an illustration, comes with standard screw/spring setup.

Thanks for the heads up! Just talked to XSPC and we are going to work to get this TR part into testing as soon as available. :)

Does it look to anyone else like the bykski water chamber doesn't cover the whole threadripper heatspreader?

spacing between the screw holes and the edge of the water chamber look the same on it and the xspc. its also hard to judge the size of it when there are no dimensions given...

Back