Bykski Cpu Waterblocks

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
I got me a 5800X for my new upgrade and I've been searching around for a new Cpu block. Apparently all the ones I want are all out of stock or for the higher end ones are all wayy overpriced. So I broadened my searching and came across several Bykski Cpu waterblocks.

I've seen their Gpu blocks and I've read mixed reviews on them. Either they cool as good as the high end blocks ( EK, Heatkiller, etc) within a 1-3 degree difference, or they don't. The cpu block is what's holding me back from completing the upgrade.

You think I can get away with a Bykski block for the 5800X or should I keep waiting until the high end blocks come back in stock? I really don't want to wait 6 months/ 1 year to put my new rig together.

if youre not concerned about that last 2c, go for it. they are decent quality and looks.

I've had good experiences with them. Their fit and finish isn't as good as some of the other options out there, but the price I think generally reflects that.

I've had good experiences with them. Their fit and finish isn't as good as some of the other options out there, but the price I think generally reflects that.
Roger that. I didn't expect it to be a crown jewel, but they do look pretty good. Thanks!

Well, pulled the trigger on the Bykski CPU-XPH-T8. Looks pretty good. I should have decent temps on the 5800X. I have enough raddage with the Coolgate Quad CG480.
If push comes to shove, I have another CG480 tucked away in the closet I can add :D

Will keep you guys posted.

Using a bykski on my 6900xt and I'm very happy with it. Performance and looks are quite good and it came with the back plate included.

Using a bykski on my 6900xt and I'm very happy with it. Performance and looks are quite good and it came with the back plate included.
Nice! Yeah I mentioned the GPU blocks, but my focus was the CPU blocks. The GPU blocks from Bykski are really nice. The cost/performance ratio is quite impressive from the high end counterparts.

CPU idle seems to be around 35 C. Stressing in OCCT shows 55 C. Radiator is a HWLabs GTR 480 with ML120s push/pull.
Nice! I have a Coolgate Quad CG480 with BitFenix Spectre Pros in push/pull. I have a second CG480 I can always add.

*Update*
I spent my Friday night swapping out the board, cpu and cpu waterblock over to the Ryzen. I'm very happy with the temps of the Bykski block. For the price, it's not bad. The LEDs are not as bright as the pic shows. It's quite subtle and looks good.

IMG_20210323_111041.jpg

I've got one on my RTX 3090 FE. It's ugly, but it works well.
Did you notice a coil whine increase/decrease changing to water block? Ive been debating going water with mine, but the coil whine is already bad

RGB fittings on their site... Seriously? I can only imagine the wiring nightmare that would come with that.

I have TT RGB fittings, yes can confirm the wiring is a nightmare lol, looks cool though

Did you notice a coil whine increase/decrease changing to water block? Ive been debating going water with mine, but the coil whine is already bad

I do not have noticeable coil whine either way.

Hell I just ordered a CPU-RAY-MK-M. I wasn't impressed with the corsair block and it has recently discolored pretty badly. The rest of the loops looks pristine.

Back