Bykski 2080ti waterblock temps weirdness

Enigma

Gawd
Bad Mount? look at the core temps versus the memory temps as shown using the ICX Monitor in Precision. Thoughts?

Attachments

• waterblock mount.png
    waterblock mount.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did you measure them before the waterblock? Maybe thicker pads for the memory or even double stack them just to see if it's better/worse.

Did you measure them before the waterblock? Maybe thicker pads for the memory or even double stack them just to see if it's better/worse.
The high memory temps are comparable to air temps with the stock cooler on the card... the low mem/gpu temps and the vrms are indicative of the waterblock install. The contact pattern for the gpu looks perfect... maybe I just bought the wrong brand of block....

I have taken the card out multiple times and remounted the block to the card. Still having the same issues. I have ordered an EK Vector Block for the card. There has to be something funny with the mounting surface of the block. I will post the results with the EK block next week.

Cool keep us updated... I have a Bryski 3080 block I didn't install yet.

Cool keep us updated... I have a Bryski 3080 block I didn't install yet.
I am thinking that it is not the block. I have watched multiple install videos on the net and it seems that no one else is putting thermal pads on the chokes. I might tear it back down and leave out the thermal pads on the chokes. I am not a fan of the Bykski install instructions... Either way the EK block is getting installed next week and the Bykski will be up for sale.

Here is a link that I found for a reddit post that links to a problem with the thickness of the thermal pads, this however is for a 3080. https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/kbk49y/just_installed_ek_block_for_3080_xc3_and_pc/ I wonder if I have some thinner thermal pads laying around.

Well I removed the thermal pads from the chokes and the temps normalized across the board. The only thing that I can think since the instruction manual says to put thermal pads on the chokes; is that the pads are too thick. Strange indeed. I have since removed the bykski block and installed an ek vector and all I can say is what a difference. PS. I also did the shunt mod to the card while I had it apart. These are the temps after 10mins of furmark stress test. The shunt mod gives an additional 66% power limit increase over what X1 is reporting.

Attachments

• ek block after shunt mod.png
    ek block after shunt mod.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
While I don’t have/own a Bykski block, I’d hazard to guess that they don’t spend as much time on design/research/testing of their products compared to some of the bigger players like EK and Alphacool. I’ve always been impressed with EK blocks (well, other than their brief plating issues a few years ago). But when it comes to design/tolerances/fit/materials and performance, EK has always delivered. I think you’ll be much happier with the EK block.

Back