Buzzing Noise - Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW

Casho

n00b
I have recently purchased a Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW Monitor.

I am very happy with the picture quality, but the monitor makes an annoying buzzing noise if the Brightness is set below 100%. Has anyone else experienced this with SyncMaster Monitors?

Yep. I have a 2443BWX and it definitely buzzes below 100%.
Sad to hear you have the issue too- i love this monitor in every other aspect.
I just lowered brightness in CCC.. but its not quite the same.

Yep. I have a 2443BWX and it definitely buzzes below 100%.
Sad to hear you have the issue too- i love this monitor in every other aspect.
I just lowered brightness in CCC.. but its not quite the same.

Do you know whether this is a problem with all 2443BWX montiors or just some.

I called Samsung Australia, and the person I spoke to said that they hadn't heard of this issue before and offered to exchange it. However, I don't want to go through the hassle of doing this if I am just going to have the same issues again.

A search on Google reveals that many people have the buzzing problem with other SyncMaster monitors, but I haven't seen any complaints specific to the 2443BW.

Other than this issue, I think that it is a brilliant monitor.

When you say you lowered the brightness in CCC, do you just mean that you changed in Display Settings on your actual computer.

The sound is only noticeable in a quiet room.

By CCC I mean Catalyst Control Center, the utility for ATi GPUs. Nvidia has an analogous tool.
I'm not aware of this being a widespread problem, but I haven't seen anyone else with the buzzing problem.

I am thinking of getting two of these, is this buzzing problem common? and if so, is it only when the brightness is below 100% or is is at all times?

I would hate to get two of these and have them both buzzing all the time!

Thanks

I have the SyncMaster 2433BW, brightness set on 45% and I have no buzzing
That's not the monitor this thread is about.

@OP: Which version of the 2443 are we talking about? I have the 2443-HAS and it has no buzzing even at 0% brightness.

The only unfortuneate thing about Samsung warranty swaps (in Australia that is), is that you may get a 'refurbished' monitor. Some of the refurbs I have got have been sent for warranty replacement have been poor quality.

Totally your call if you should swap or not.

Checking in- I RMA'd the monitor because the backlighting began to fail on the bottom right of the screen. The refurb I received is in excellent shape, and no buzz :)

I have a 2443BWX with brightness at 96 with no buzzing.

Glad you got one that works properly, kencheeto. :)

Back