Buzzing noise from speakers are driving me crazy..Please help

charger89

Limp Gawd
Im using a 3.5mm to rca cable to connect my computer to my tv so i can get sound. When i do this i get this loud buzzing noise. First i thought it was the surround so i disabled those and turned on the tv speakers. The buzzing noise got louder when i did this
rl.gif
. Then i thought it was the cheap cables i bought from kmart that were the problem so i ordered a pair of quality cables and i still hear the loud buzzing noise
mad.gif
.Then i thought it might be the sound card so installed a sound card and connected the cable turned on the computer and bam! the buzzing noise ugh. The drivers wernt even installed. I dont know what to do next
tear.gif

ever think its the TV?

also, ground loop perhaps? is it a constant buzzing, or just when you mouse the mouse/type? if you turn the volume down on the PC's end, does it go away?

TV = Almost always has buzzing.

really? I've honestly never had much of an issue with anything from ~'95 on, that isn't damaged or wired incorrectly

although, as I'm certain to say time and again around these parts, I don't subscribe to "one size fits all" tech support :)

ever think its the TV?

also, ground loop perhaps? is it a constant buzzing, or just when you mouse the mouse/type? if you turn the volume down on the PC's end, does it go away?

Gotta go with the ground loop idea. Are the PC and TV/Receiver on different plugs?

You might be getting RF interference from something. It could be from a new cellphone tower in your neighborhood, or you added a new electronic device in your house that's emitting signals. Have you added any new electronic products in your house recently?

Back