Buying today, what are you getting?

What are you buying?

• RTX 4070 TI

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • RX 7900 XT

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Unless you need/want Nvidia features, the 7900XT outperforms the 4070ti in just about everything with a few weird outliers. Even with RT on, the only game the 4070ti wins in is Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm also saying this with the launch of DLSS3 and frame gen, because it looks like absolute ass. I tried it in a couple of games and it definitely did not live up to the hype.

I'd be getting a 4090 if I were buying a card today.

I would rather save up for a few more months and get a 4090 than any of the $999 cards right now thats for sure.

I am not sure what the goal is of this poll, but the choice of a graphics card to buy is based on the use case(s).

What game(s) do you play, what monitor do you have in relation to freesync/G-sync, do you use Adobe or other rendering suites, do you use VR, is RT important to you, do you like DLSS/FSR and the list goes on.

Since the poll explicitly mentions "you", if I had the choice between the two, it would definitely be the 4070, but luckily I have the 4090. This due to VR, coming from a 3080 the 4090 is what is needed to have a good/non-frustrating experience with the current VR headsets.

4070ti. Hands down. About the same speed, but better at raytracing, has dlss, and Dlss frame gen which I've heard great things about so long as you have a base fps of 50 tp 60 before using it. Also kicks butt in VR and Cuda if you use either of those. Plus, better drivers without tons of quirks like the Radeon has.

Back