Buying an iBook, any suggestions for accessories/etc?

Konrad

Gawd
I'm a student, and on a budget, so nothing that will cost toooo much please :)

That said, I want to get a backpack carrying case, ya know, something that doesn't scream "steal me!" and will have some kind of protection so that on the off chance I forget my 1K investment is in side, it won't shatter into a million pieces.

small suggestion
maybe put soft foam on the bottom to protect the iBook from a small fall

also perhaps a lock?

Check out MacCase. They have many great products that do the job right. Most of their stuff is custom fit and will keep your investment safe. I have the MacCase sleeve and shoulder bag for my 15" PowerBook. It is wonderful. I would shop around for the best prices. I got mine together on ECOST.COM for $20.

I just stuff my iBook into my normal backpack. In order to protect it from hard stuff from below, I tucked a shirt into the bottom of the backpack. It works fairly well, and it definitely does not scream "steal me!"

Samsonite New Jack Laptop Backpack for $30 from outpost.com or Fry's B&M..

This is a pretty nice stealth backpack. Laptop sleeve raised off the bottom of the bag with a pouch type setup. I put a foam writst pad under the pouch for even more shock protection. Storage in front of the laptop sleeve. Another seperate storage area in front of that, and lots of pockets.

Also a Samsonite Ice for $30.

The links show blue.. I got a black one from the store.

Samsonite New Jack

Samsonite Ice

Back