Buying a new battery

Ovreel

Limp Gawd
I use a Dell Inspiron E1505 from 2007 and the battery is reaching the home stretch here. However I've never bought a new laptop battery before so I'm not sure where to start aside from the Dell website and Amazon.

Any tips/advice on battery shopping?

I bought mine from Interstate Batteries, believe it or not. I don't know that there any cheaper, but they seem to be decent batteries.

Hmm.., I think if you're carefull researching the seller it would be OK to buy a battery off of Ebay. I've purchased a D610 DFS factory refurb off of Ebay ($250 bucks and change), a nc6000 ($74 bucks and change) I also purchased a new battery, 2 GiGs of RAM and a 40 GB HD for it off of Ebay. I installed Win7 RC1 on it and so far I haven't had any problems (these nc6000's seem to hold a charge forever). :p

I think if you spend the time to research the seller (feedback) you will be alright. I do know if I was to purchase the components from the retailer (either Dell or HP) it would have cost me $80 bucks vs $20 bucks for the hard drive, mega bucks for the RAM and only God knows how much for the CDW/DVD combo optical drive I got for $36 bucks. (OBTW, it works perfectly, I haven't tried the burner yet. ATM I have 2x Q6600's w/DVD burners to burn disks with (I don't even have any blank CD's) :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah, a while back I bought a used 850 TrippLite battery backup PSU from Ebay. I purchased a new set of batteries (I can't remember if it was1x or several :() from Interstate Battery on Ebay (as mentioned above). Interstate Battery seems to have reasonably priced bats. I know for sure the Interstate PSU bats are reasonably priced and the people there are knowledgeable and helpfull. I can't remember who I got the lappy bat from :(

Last edited:
I'm looking to replace my wife's laptop (dell e1505) battery as well. Any recommended dealers. Willing to go ebay or other places, just looking for a reliable seller.

Back