Buying a mechanical keyboard for the first time

This isn't entirely subjective? :) lol

Not entirely. Razer is known for having poor QC among the peripheral enthusiast crowd and many variables can greatly alter the feel of micro-switches.

"Razer's" Orange switches are comparable to Cherry's MX Brown in basic design; from what I've looked into, the weighting of the key is slightly heavier on "Razer's" switch and has a much looser tolerance for spring rate (+/-10 or 15g compared to Cherry's +/-5g, iirc). I've also heard that the "Razer" switch feels "tighter", but this is likely to be the result of a stiffer spring.

* "Razer" should be read as "Razer branded Kailh" :p

Not entirely. Razer is known for having poor QC among the peripheral enthusiast crowd and many variables can greatly alter the feel of micro-switches.

"Razer's" Orange switches are comparable to Cherry's MX Brown in basic design; from what I've looked into, the weighting of the key is slightly heavier on "Razer's" switch and has a much looser tolerance for spring rate (+/-10 or 15g compared to Cherry's +/-5g, iirc). I've also heard that the "Razer" switch feels "tighter", but this is likely to be the result of a stiffer spring.

* "Razer" should be read as "Razer branded Kailh" :p

I know people have had issues with razer QC. For me I haven't had a bad experience with the razer products I've had in the past. But I know that translate for everyone.

Now as far as the orange vs blues I was just going from a typing perspective. Having used the blues for a little while its tough to use anything else.

Back