Buying a LCD? Viewing Angle? What??

branana

Limp Gawd
Just came across this site and ran a quick comparison:
I had a good chuckle:
7wg1xm1.jpg

That's what TN panels do. The Best Buy around here has a wall of LCD monitors, and you can't even see the picture on the TN panels in the top row. It's depressing to see inferior technology becoming more common.

That's what TN panels do. The Best Buy around here has a wall of LCD monitors, and you can't even see the picture on the TN panels in the top row. It's depressing to see inferior technology becoming more common.

Here here. It bothers me when I see that someone spared no expense with the CPU, GPU, did the overclocking and everything, then they went with some crap TN 22" LCD that they got cheap. Why spend money on all that horsepower when you are going to be outputting on the worst thing around?

Because the average joe that buys more lcd tv's than the typical [H]ard Forum member, wants CHEAP.....they couldn't tell the difference between a water color poster and an lcd screen, and to them, a TN panel looks fine....ugg. Banding is terrible on most TN panels, as you know.

Those static pictures also don't show you the VA panel tone shifting and black crush, here is a nice example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gVDMG7AMg&NR=1

Even though TN has issues it doesn't do the black crush effect so for a cheap monitor I prefer TN to VA.

Only IPS panels are really high quality IMO.

I just thought of this RIGHT NOW. I was also gonna chime in and say how it's unfortunate that an inferior panel tech is taking over because it's cheap until I realized that I look at my monitor dead on 97% of the time.

With a TN panel, it's not the viewing angles that bother me so much, it's the typical banding that occurs on smooth gradients.

Yep, we pretty much live in a world where it's the cheapest price, not the best quality, that rules all. Unfortunately we also live in a world where we are virtually losing all variety.. The cheapest piece of shit wins, and quality pretty much ceases to exist.

Those static pictures also don't show you the VA panel tone shifting and black crush, here is a nice example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gVDMG7AMg&NR=1

Even though TN has issues it doesn't do the black crush effect so for a cheap monitor I prefer TN to VA.

Only IPS panels are really high quality IMO.

Ya, the black tone shift is a bit annoying, but after a while you become desensitized to it. I barely notice it anymore on my 2407, but can remember clearly how I kept shifting my head left and right trying to see a bit more of the dark. Just wish IPS panels were more common.

Back