Buyers to avoid list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanuthead

Supreme [H]ardness
What is everyone's thought on compiling a thread or having a feedback system of some sort of listing buyers (really potential buyers) who like to waste someone's time and money? Sometime Heatware doesn't capture this well. While I understand life happens, I personally just had a pending deal that took a week to get everything in order (shipping overseas so trying to keep freight down, insurance, etc.) and the person just said "the parts won't work for what I need". While I respect that darn it do your homework first and don't waste my time.

I think any thread like that is gonna get slapped down, and imho rightly so. It's only going to filled with pretty subjective anecdotes. I think Heatware is a pretty good measure of things, but it's true that sometimes people and/or circumstances suck.

It's been my (very limited, admittedly) experience with selling things online that trying hard to ensure clear communication is the key. Even when things are "slow" for either side, as long as both people are communicating throughout the process, it tends to be ok for both people. If you're trying to work with someone and they just plain can't seem to even send you a PM with a couple words in it, then you're well within rights to let them know you're going to move on.

Conversely there are many highly rated sellers who have turned heel after many years of transactions or whose FUBAR sales never show up on Heatware. I would suggest looking at their posting history on the various forums to gauge their character. There are no guarantees but it does help you avoid those who may pose a problem based on their behavior.

Bad idea. Promotes hearsay. Someone could make a damaging post about a seller when that person was never even involved with the seller. It presumes guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back