**buyers only** Were you able to secure a 3080?

Were you able to lock down a 3080?!

• Total voters
Got one from nVidia's site (like 10 minutes ago) and was able to enter all my payment info and submit and got this:
But, alas, it then came back and told me the Billing and Shipping addresses could not be left blank. WTF...

Would suggest that you remove the picture. The censoring is very poor. If you overlay the billing and shipping parts it looks like you can make out the address/phone number.

something really doesnt smell right about this at all in all the time pc gaming i have NEVER seen a launch botched this badly

hey ebay's got plenty of stock.

This reminds me of trying to buy tickets for TOOL last year. Was logged in and waiting for onsale. sold out in min's but then you could buy them all day long on reseller sights for twice as much.

I got nothing either. Tried all online stores. I was F5'ing constantly and didn't see anything in stock. Overall a disappointing launch.

hey ebay's got plenty of stock.

This reminds me of trying to buy tickets for TOOL last year. Was logged in and waiting for onsale. sold out in min's but then you could buy them all day long on reseller sights for twice as much.

Thing is, it wasn't even "minutes", many sites literally never showed in-stock. I never got a single in-stock notification from any of the sources that I set them on. This was a huge joke.

if you had your money in hand ready to buy, please vote.
I had all the sites up and couldn't get any.
Sorry for stealing your thunder on this, Dan. I did not see your poll up. :(

I was able to order an MSI Ventus from Amazon.ca just now, we will see when it ships.

Kinda want the FE or Asus TUF more though so hopefully those come in stock. The MSI Gaming trio was available too but it won't fit my case.

Order.PNG

Last edited:
I was able to order an MSI Ventus from Amazon.ca just now, we will see when it ships.

Kinda want the FE or Asus TUF more though so hopefully those come in stock. The MSI Gaming trio was available too but it won't fit my case.
its not a real order when there is not even a approx delivery date

I never even received an email from Best Buy about the “Notify me” when it was available to purchase. At 9am est it went from coming soon to sold out. How the hell did it sell out when notifications for availability never went out?!?!! Like what was the point of even having a Notify option at all !?? I don’t even wanna understand how people using “bots” are able to snag them......

I never even received an email from Best Buy about the “Notify me” when it was available to purchase. At 9am est it went from coming soon to sold out. How the hell did it sell out when notifications for availability never went out?!?!! Like what was the point of even having a Notify option at all !?? I don’t even wanna understand how people using “bots” are able to snag them......
Did you see this?
https://hardforum.com/threads/i-bought-a-rtx-3080-today.2001394/page-2#post-1044729264

Got two on pre order on the Amazon Germany website to be shipped all the way to UAE. About 900 landed cost.

There's a sign on my store saying 0 30 series cards

I finally got through after 20 minutes. They said they "thought they got in a few" but they are all sold out. 20 minutes after opening...

I am still on hold with them to check stock. No one there wants to pick up the damn phone, apparently.

I just went down there, there were only about 8 of us looking for one so I thought we all got lucky but nope, they didn't get a single card.

1600363429182.png

Ordered last night from Newegg (USA). Debating if I want to keep it.

Keep it because who knows when you’ll be able to order another one
That's my only concern. Some rumors are saying the shortage could last into 2021.

It's just a pain in the ass having a custom loop and an air cooled GPU without a water block readily available. I'll need to drain the loop, install my new GPU, bypass the GPU and only water cool the CPU until the block comes out. Then once the block comes out in probably 2+ months I'll need to drain the loop again, reinstall the GPU with block installed, and refill the loop. If I knew that a block would be available in a month or so I'd just let the card sit in the closet until the block arrived.

Hoping to see if I can score a FE sometime in the next few days (lol) since it appears that a block for that is right around the corner.

NowInStock was completely useless for this - it has still never updated stock for any of the cards other than the MSI one on Newegg that showed up erroneously for awhile.

NowInStock was completely useless for this - it has still never updated stock for any of the cards other than the MSI one on Newegg that showed up erroneously for awhile.
Yup complete garbage. I ended up just using a web extension that automatically refreshed a web page every 30 seconds. Had Nvidia, Best Buy, Amazon, EVGA, and Newegg windows opened across all of my monitors. I sat at my computer and watched Netflix while glancing at the various web pages every minutes or so.

Not like it matters though because the stock sold out instantly and the only reason some stores had stock longer than others was because their website kept crashing.

Back