**buyers only** Were you able to secure a 3080?

Were you able to lock down a 3080?!

• Total voters
Had c4c on nvidia and best buy for founders cards and others for evga XC3, nothing ever showed at all. 5s refresh timer...

Paper Launch? Been refreshing on Amazon since 6am pst (9am Eastern/My time) Nothing still says Not avaialble... But Amazon sucks at getting stuff online on time.

bestbuy seems to come and go with the MSI card. IDK if you can actually grab it though.

I believe so.
When I was about to order my 3080 it said "5 in stock". After my order it said "4 in stock".
But I had to pay €100 more than the other out of stock sites. If it goes through, I'm expecting it to arrive next week.
If I change my mind I have 30 days to send it back.

I believe so.
When I was about to order my 3080 it said "5 in stock". After my order it said "4 in stock".
But I had to pay €100 more than the other out of stock sites. If it goes through, I'm expecting it to arrive next week.
from where? *applauses the only BAMF to get a 3080 in the world**

from where? *applauses the only BAMF to get a 3080 in the world**

Proshop, a swedish site. A bit "b", but based in Denmark and an official partner of Nvidia. So I expect to have it in my hands next week.

I might have gotten a MSI 3080 Ventus here in Denmark. The order is acknowledged but the site crashed so many times that the card was probably sold out when I could finally pay. We shall see.

I wanted a FE but that was a scam so I tried with the Ventus for the same price.

I believe so.

sell it for 3k and buy a 20gb one in a couple of months

Got order through on newegg when it finally loaded the checkout page at a blazing 9:03 and just received the email it was cancelled by Newegg for "Out Of Stock Order Voided". Even while Newegg was pending I was still F5ing Amazon/BB/NV/B&H/EVGA since I wanted to be sure in case they cancelled and got to checkout pages on both evga and bb and both eventually craped out and oos. No card for me at launch.

Got order through on newegg when it finally loaded the checkout page at a blazing 9:03 and just received the email it was cancelled by Newegg for "Out Of Stock Order Voided". Even while Newegg was pending I was still F5ing Amazon/BB/NV/B&H/EVGA since I wanted to be sure in case they cancelled and got to checkout pages on both evga and bb and both eventually craped out and oos. No card for me at launch.

Noticed you're trying to buy the EVGA but I got a bad taste in my mouth after noticing everyone is offering a 3 year warranty, but EVGA seems to be price gouging for a backplate. They want an extra $50 or $60 just for that.. pffft

No thanks EVGA /endrant

This is probably why AMD is doing their reveal when they are. They knew damn well this "launch" was bullshit and scheduled their announcement during the week nVidia cards would really be available.

Noticed you're trying to buy the EVGA but I got a bad taste in my mouth after noticing everyone is offering a 3 year warranty, but EVGA seems to be price gouging for a backplate. They want an extra $50 or $60 just for that.. pffft

No thanks EVGA /endrant
I here ya but their 10 year warranty extension for only 60 bucks if registered in first 90 days is hard to pass up. :p

I was also trying for Founders since my H200 is kinda limiting on gpu thickness and most cards were 2.5 slots or bigger!

Also keep in mind Amazon hasn't gone up yet so they still have a pool of stock. Though going by that PS5 fiasco last night unless we have a secret link we're boned xD

Had an EVGA 3080 XC Ultra in cart - and the server was so fucked that by the time my clicking on checkout went through, it was out (everything else was out too).

I passed on an MSI 3080 that I saw on Newegg. I buy EVGA for the warranty and US based customer support to make sure they stay around.

Had an EVGA 3080 XC Ultra in cart - and the server was so fucked that by the time my clicking on checkout went through, it was out (everything else was out too).

I passed on an MSI 3080 that I saw on Newegg. I buy EVGA for the warranty and US based customer support to make sure they stay around.
Same. I got to the login page after hitting checkout. When it finally did login it took me to the home page and EVGA tweeted they were sold out.

I think they had like 10 lmao. What a joke of a launch. I think they made enough for Youtubers and that was about it.

it was really, kind of disgusting, actually. like others I was on lots of sites, went from notify to sold out, instantly.
and briefly, even the nvidia store was showing scammers links to $1500 for a 3080.

had a dozen sites and pages loaded up spamming f5, got a few vaporware cards in my cart to get removed when trying to pay. Total Shitshow.

My local MC (Parkville) had stock as of 10 mins ago. They had 2 models available. 2 msi and 10 evga.

Most sites for me changed instantly to sold out like it was never was in stock and the rest crashed and came back OOS.

This is the response I got from B&H Photo in case some of you are still F5’ing over there.

47E2D1FD-A7DB-4175-B1E3-0D742B1A475D.jpeg

I think the "in cart" stuff was all bullshit. No one I have read about actually got a card after adding to cart.

if it makes you feel any better I tried for that MSI at newegg and at bestbuy. Had it in my cart, didn't get either. I actually 100% bought the MSI last night from newegg but they cancelled my order.

if it makes you feel any better I tried for that MSI at newegg and at bestbuy. Had it in my cart, didn't get either. I actually 100% bought the MSI last night from newegg but they cancelled my order.
That sucks man, my friend got one today in person at microcenter even tho the site showed none in stock

Nope. Had cash (well credit card) in hand and actually went to my local Best Buy and checked with the sales guys. No stock, they don't even know if they're going to be getting any stock anytime soon. Hovered around the usual sites for a while but have officially given up now. I'll just wait.

I went through the Best Buy nonsense with the 2080ti. They list a few cards at intervals. It's not until you purchase it that they actually allot it to you.

Then when I finally did get an order they had no idea when it would ship - they sold a card they didn't actually have in stock.

Got one from nVidia's site (like 10 minutes ago) and was able to enter all my payment info and submit and got this:

3080_1.PNG

But, alas, it then came back and told me the Billing and Shipping addresses could not be left blank. WTF...

And if I try to purchase it again, I get this:

3080_2.PNG

So I think I'm pretty much SOL...

Last edited:
Back