Buyer wants return ram and I have to pay for return shipping?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the return address was correct on the label you originally printed? In any case, it sounds like you won. If you can track down the memory, then you win 2x. :D

Yes the correct address was correct on the original label. Not sure if that memory can be tracked down at this point. Depends on who ever received it doesn't keep it or not. If they do the honest thing and take it back to the post office the mailman said it would be most likely returned to sender but they're opening a case anyhow to track it down.

Hmmm.. I wonder if the "Buyer" just did a search specifically to find an old address to send to.

The only other possibility is that eBay's system screwed up and made a return label with the wrong address.

Thats what I think because I specifically remember deleting old addresses from the system only to find out they weren't deleted at all. IMHO Ebay owes both myself and the buyer funds.

No, most people won't take detail pictures and video of them packing it and of it working.

The actual thing that worked in your favor in this case was they both refused to return it to you.... if they had not, things would have gone differently for sure.

Just ordered a set of 100.00 Hyper Cloud X Alphas off ebay and it was shipped to the wrong state I got them for 40.00 but both ebay and paypal is a dead end untill a few days have passed. Not sure if it's the wrong tracking number entered I doubt it really depressing that some guy got a set of 100.00 headphones delivered and probably is going to keep them.

I sold a 1080ti on ebay the other day. Winning bidder had 531 feedback and is from Texas. Within minutes of the auction ending, I had an ebay message from a user with 0 feedback thanking me for the item and saying they were the winning bidder. They said they had to travel because their dad was sick and I had to send the item to an address in Wilmington DE... I emailed them back and asked what the original address was. I never received a response. I emailed the winning bidder and they did not send the message. Next day the 0 feedback user was "no longer a registered user"..

Maybe someone pulled this scam on your seller too?

So David, what's the verdict? You get your modules? Got your refund? Any word from the loser scammer?

I sold a 1080ti on ebay the other day. Winning bidder had 531 feedback and is from Texas. Within minutes of the auction ending, I had an ebay message from a user with 0 feedback thanking me for the item and saying they were the winning bidder. They said they had to travel because their dad was sick and I had to send the item to an address in Wilmington DE... I emailed them back and asked what the original address was. I never received a response. I emailed the winning bidder and they did not send the message. Next day the 0 feedback user was "no longer a registered user"..

Maybe someone pulled this scam on your seller too?

Ah the classic account hijack scam and that address was almost certainly a re-shipper.

marma_davi

Edit: Looked him up. 400 something positive reviews and no negatives. At least item has lifetime warranty. His loss.
Ive sold two skylake CPUs to this account. Frankly, I think I have been lucky.
Personally, I am pretty sure it is not a person. I think it is an account that facilitates transactions to peoples in the republic of Georgia (not the US state). If you google maps the mailing address (pretty sure it is DE address) - USA2Georgia or INEX.

Payments have been slow. Usually only receive payment after reported non-payment through the Ebay system. PMs don't seem to be responded to - so the ghosting seems accurate.

Ive sold two skylake CPUs to this account. Frankly, I think I have been lucky.
Personally, I am pretty sure it is not a person. I think it is an account that facilitates transactions to peoples in the republic of Georgia (not the US state). If you google maps the mailing address (pretty sure it is DE address) - USA2Georgia or INEX.

Payments have been slow. Usually only receive payment after reported non-payment through the Ebay system. PMs don't seem to be responded to - so the ghosting seems accurate.

I sold a CPU to this account, marma_davi, a month ago, 2 weeks later he wants a return, I accepted, and now its been two weeks and he never shipped it out but he clicked the button that he shipped it. I paid for a shipping label, not through ebay, and sent that to him, so my shipping label is in the system. One odd thing that happened is that I got a package from amazon with my name on it and it was an iphone 7 screen protector that no one ordered. I feel like he ordered that to my house and tried to add that tracking number.

I was parting out my personal PC and every single component was working.

I sold a CPU to this account, marma_davi, a month ago, 2 weeks later he wants a return, I accepted, and now its been two weeks and he never shipped it out but he clicked the button that he shipped it. I paid for a shipping label, not through ebay, and sent that to him, so my shipping label is in the system. One odd thing that happened is that I got a package from amazon with my name on it and it was an iphone 7 screen protector that no one ordered. I feel like he ordered that to my house and tried to add that tracking number.

There is discussion on ebay that buyers using a foreign Freight service to skirt your "ships to" exclusions invalidates the Ebay buyer protection agreement. (as you have no control over whether the 3rd party tampers or actually deliver). Might want to bring that to Ebay's attention. It would be interesting to see where the buyer was planning on shipping the return from (if at all).

Just a follow up. any luck on this one? My luck has run out and I am now in the midst of getting ahead of this scam (different seller, but same forwarding service). Received my iphone protectors today (which shipped before the return was even authorized AND from the amazon facility in my hometown - not anywhere near the "buyer"). Got the tracking info to an ebay CSR to note in the file before the scammer had entered it in. It wont stop them from getting their refund ("delivered=refund" in ebay land), but hopefully it will help me in appeal.

also using the "defected/ doesnt work" return justification pretty much bypasses any violation of the ebay buyer protection guarantee.

I got scammed by a buyer on ebay & paypal thru their bogus returns & guarantees. Stay away from these two unless you want to scam sellers & buyers & get away with it.

Just a follow up. any luck on this one? My luck has run out and I am now in the midst of getting ahead of this scam (different seller, but same forwarding service). Received my iphone protectors today (which shipped before the return was even authorized AND from the amazon facility in my hometown - not anywhere near the "buyer"). Got the tracking info to an ebay CSR to note in the file before the scammer had entered it in. It wont stop them from getting their refund ("delivered=refund" in ebay land), but hopefully it will help me in appeal.

also using the "defected/ doesnt work" return justification pretty much bypasses any violation of the ebay buyer protection guarantee.

I got scammed by a buyer on ebay & paypal thru their bogus returns & guarantees. Stay away from these two unless you want to scam sellers & buyers & get away with it.

I succeeded to get my scam overturned at least through ebay. I *annoyingly* stepped through the whole process with their CSRs, including "return required for refund." It took 3 phone calls starting when the return was requested by the scammer. I had the ebay CSR input the "return required for refund" into the system (I didn't click anything through the web interface). And I documented EVERYTHING. In the US you can sign up for "informed delivery" through the USPS so that you know what is going to be delivered in the mail before it is delivered. This allowed me to see the tracking on an item that the buyer was trying to use as "proof of delivery" of a return item *before* it was delivered. I videoed and uploaded (to youtube) a video of myself receiving and opening the package with the return address (amazon) and the tracking number easily visible. I called an ebay CSR and had them enter this item tracking number in their system even before the scammer had time to enter it on their end. Eventually scammer entered it on their end and was refunded immediately since delivery=refund on ebay. On appeal, I provided a detailed account including the number of calls to ebay, the tracking information, inconsistent details on the return tracking (origination city, ship date, etc), a link to the tracking, and a link to the "unboxing" video of the "returned" goods.

all that said, I'm not sure I am going to sell on ebay ever again. a LOT of hoops to jump through and the fees make you really have to work to *keep* your earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back