1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. HUNT: SHOWDOWN!Spazee is playing Duos with viewers today, so get in there and let him help you brush up on your skills! - Use your Amazon Prime to sub for FREE to your favorite streamer! If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can link that your Twitch account, and use it to subscribe to your favorite streamer.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy Second 980Ti for SLI or 1080Ti? I game at 1440p

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by BottomsUp, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BottomsUp

BottomsUp Gawd

Mostly the division although i will move away from this game soon. I hold ~60 FPS but dip to 40s a lot and it's annoying even with Gsync

2. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

1080Ti all the way. Much less heat generated and you don't have to worry if a game supports SLI or not.

Armenius and gigatexal like this.
  3. cybereality

cybereality 2[H]4U

The Division does seem to get decent SLI scaling, so you might be OK with a second 980 Ti, but the 1080 Ti is for sure better overall (especially considering games that don't support multi-GPU).

4. silent-circuit

silent-circuit [H]ardForum Junkie

SLI is on the way out, unfortunately, from what I've seen. At first DX12 discrete multi-gpu sounded like a great thing, but so far at least it seems to translate to "more work for developers, they don't want to bother, single GPU only from now on." Vulkan's multi-gpu support just recently announced will probably end up going a similar route. Fastest single card is king yet again... It's just a shame none of them can manage 4K at 60fps with maxed settings in most titles.

5. Darkswordz

Darkswordz Limp Gawd

6. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

7. Whach

Whach [H]ard|Gawd

Agreed. 1080ti. SLi is dying because on dx12. Devs aren't going to do nvidia's game coding for them. Unless they get buckets of cash to do so.