Buy legal copy of windows 7 anymore

vengence

Level capped
Is there a known good source for a legal, (retailed preferred) copy of windows 7 professional (or higher)? I'm creating another machine and I want windows 7. I've tried everything above it, and prefer windows 7. So I've looked on amazon and nothing looks very legit. Are there any known sellers or anything?

I have purchased Keys from a couple of guys in the forum, if you are needing a legitimate source to activate the OS.

I have always kept a disc around of all my working OS and then as time goes by buy extra keys if I need to load more machines.

You can always D/L an ISO and then add in the key.
Generally the key is coded in after the full OS install, not during.

Jeez windows 7 still costs over $100?? Would the guys on Ebay selling them for $40 from other countries (UK, Latvia, etc) not be legitimate? I heard that other countries get it for cheaper, so that's why people resell, and they do seem to sell quite a bit with positive ratings, but was not sure if it was a grey area.

I'd be wary of anything without a COA. Most of the sellers are probably selling working keys, but likely not legitimate ones. Probably from Microsoft's volume licensing program as MAKs are good for 2500 activations. So, not really any better than piracy (arguably worse since you're giving someone money for it).

Jeez windows 7 still costs over $100?? Would the guys on Ebay selling them for $40 from other countries (UK, Latvia, etc) not be legitimate? I heard that other countries get it for cheaper, so that's why people resell, and they do seem to sell quite a bit with positive ratings, but was not sure if it was a grey area.

Some guy from Russia keeps popping up on my eBay searches, and other people with "new" Windows 7 Pros that have that weird yellow sticker on top show up too. Even if it has a COA, many of these sellers don't like to show pictures of it because they know it's not legit.

Here is one from Amazon: Its designed for companies that refurbishes PCs; however, how is MS going to know, or MS probably does not have anyway to track it, similar to the same way that technically OEM versions are suppose to work, so there is probably no harm in getting it in my opinion, unless anybody here has experience getting this type.

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Profe...s=Microsoft+Windows+7+Professional+SP1+64-bit

but I would get a key here from the For Sale/Trade forum. I've purchased a few keys with no issues, and it's a lot cheaper than spending $56+ on fancy packaging or a DVD.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a known good source for a legal, (retailed preferred) copy of windows 7 professional (or higher)? I'm creating another machine and I want windows 7. I've tried everything above it, and prefer windows 7. So I've looked on amazon and nothing looks very legit. Are there any known sellers or anything?
Newegg still has them last I seen, otherwise buy a key here for cheap and find a friend who still has a disc or ISO of win7 and you are all good.
I have copies of all win7 versions when digitalriver was still up and you could just grab them.

Back