Buy.com shipped my EVGA X58 motherboard in a big box with brown paper on top -_-

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
Should I be worried? The EVGA X58 arrived in the bottom of a oversized box with what seems to be a big roll of gods toilet paper on top of it, let's not even get started with how bad the box was taped.

picoa9.jpg

Oh and the motherboard box is nice, but the plastic it's heat-wrapped in is ripped on the side (lol). Throw nerd-rage or let it slide?

I've been getting stuff with that same paper inside... usually not in a box that big tho... lol

haha same way I got my 280 card but I was too excited to laugh at it at the time, thanks.

That's about how my GTX 260 came. I guess it works fine. It makes my power supply squeal like a pig.

That is pretty standard packaging cushioning. The USPS recommends newspaper and popcorn as packaging material, go figure.

I just hope like no tiny electrical components broke or got damaged while it happened, hopefully EVGA took the time to package the X58 nicely so it survives the harsh delivery.

If only Newegg was using FedEx I wouldn't worry so much, unfortunately they use UPS, where your items are thrown from the van at your door, and drop kicked while sorting.

at least they don't use HDS!

"HDS, sir, and how are you this afternoon? Alllll righteey, then. I have a package for you."

lolz

[H]adouken;1033645210 said:
Should I be worried? The EVGA X58 arrived in the bottom of a oversized box with what seems to be a big roll of gods toilet paper on top of it, let's not even get started with how bad the box was taped.

picoa9.jpg

Oh and the motherboard box is nice, but the plastic it's heat-wrapped in is ripped on the side (lol). Throw nerd-rage or let it slide?

I sure would hate to use that toilet paper!

Another company with the "Don't Give A F***" mentality...damn Gangsta Rap I'll tell ya...:D The egg gave me the DGAF treatment with a WD640 hard drive, and yes, IT FAILED after a few days, so good luck.

:eek: (But don't tell Joe, cause he told me that as long as hard drive heads are parked, they can sustain a 5 Nuclear Holocausts and 3 Pearl Harbors) :D

Thats how they sent my GTX280, thats how Zipzoomfly (who I will never but from again for other reasons) sent my P5Q Deluxe, and Newegg sent me a $70 2x2gb kit of ram in a bubble mail bag needless to say it didnt work.

Back