Buy.com EVGA 8800GTS $207.49 with rebate/5% off coupon

Ogilvy

2[H]4U
Buy.com has the EVGA 8800 GTS 512 MB up for 219.99 after $30 rebate. The second link is to the 5% off coupon. I tried it and it applied the coupon + rebate = $207.49 Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that this card might come bundled with Crysis with the "A3" part number, though it's not stated. You might be able to use Google Cart and save another ten bucks. Anyhoo.... this is a pretty decent deal IMO. I might pull the trigger on it myself...

http://www.buy.com/prod/evga-geforc...i-e-2-0-dual-dvi-sli/q/loc/101/206612596.html

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074

man, and I'm hoping to step up my current GTS for a 9800GTX instead of buying a 2nd GTS for SLI. Stop tempting me!

man, and I'm hoping to step up my current GTS for a 9800GTX instead of buying a 2nd GTS for SLI. Stop tempting me!

I don't know how good your credit is, but if you sign up for a Buy.com Visa card, you can save another 30 bucks ;)

I don't know how good your credit is, but if you sign up for a Buy.com Visa card, you can save another 30 bucks ;)

Dude, don't say that. I'm going to bed before I do something foolish, like order a 8800GTS 512MB and get it for $167 AR :D

Heh... I'm tempted, but I'd rather wait till it's $200 flat w/o rebate, or like $180 AR

O man, and I was so set on getting a 9800GTX. I already have one GTS, and a 780i SLI board on the way. Maybe I can get a 2nd GTS, just to hold me over ;)

O man, and I was so set on getting a 9800GTX. I already have one GTS, and a 780i SLI board on the way. Maybe I can get a 2nd GTS, just to hold me over ;)

You really think that GTX is going to be much better than a GTS? I dunno...

Or are you buying it because it's a "9800 GTX"?

You really think that GTX is going to be much better than a GTS? I dunno...

Or are you buying it because it's a "9800 GTX"?

I'm getting it due to the eVGA stepup and I would get it for free, plus its gonna be a monster of an overclocker compared to the GTS.

Man.. I still have that $20 off coupon for Buy.com that expires tomorrow..
It'd be stupid for me to buy that though, since I already have a hd3850, and don't play games at all.

Just used the $20.00 off coupon with Google checkout that was mailed about a month ago. $199.99 A/R shipped = hot. If it does include Crysis, even hotter.

Just used the $20.00 off coupon with Google checkout that was mailed about a month ago. $199.99 A/R shipped = hot. If it does include Crysis, even hotter.

I still have my coupon, but for that you have to use GC, and Buy won't allow GC for this...how did you get it to work?
*EDIT* Ah, I see, it's either 5% off OR the $20 off coupon.

The part number matches the one on Newegg with Crysis. I think I'm about to get this. I've been looking at getting a 8800GTS and $200 AR is the cheapest I've seen.

Time to use my $20 off $100 that got resent to me, hmm what to use the one other $20 off $80 coupon on...

I would get this deal, but the thing is that Buy.com is slow as hell and if i sped up their shipping to the speed that newegg will give me id end up paying more...

I would get this deal, but the thing is that Buy.com is slow as hell and if i sped up their shipping to the speed that newegg will give me id end up paying more...

They haven't been slow on my orders. Not as fast as Newegg but for how much cheaper this is I can wait an extra day or two.

This deal is good, problem lies in the 5%. That's a promotion they have run forever. Tried to apply coupon and got denied since I used it like 2 years ago. Similar to GC...

They haven't been slow on my orders. Not as fast as Newegg but for how much cheaper this is I can wait an extra day or two.

Well, for some reason they are in Mission Viejo and charge me taxes but then shipped my crap from texas. That was hella annoying because i expected it to ship from Mission Viejo which is like a 45 minute drive. :rolleyes:

If they can get it to me faster than before... then i will buy from them. :D

Because 207 is a damn good deal considering this one comes with crysis. :p

Buy.com's free shipping and their shipping in general is slow compared to sites like newegg. They have some great deals and I've always received my items with no problems so I put them on my preferred list of retailers.

It will come with crysis only if it has a crysis on the box.

Not true, the A3 part number designation is specified as the Crysis part, the AR is the non crysis part. Just look at all other EVGA products all of the ones that have A3 come with crysis and AR dont.

Buy.com's free shipping and their shipping in general is slow compared to sites like newegg. They have some great deals and I've always received my items with no problems so I put them on my preferred list of retailers.

I just want an assurance that i dont have to pay 23 bucks for shipping in order to get it in 3 days.

i got the same coupon, i'm waiting for a better deal though.

I just want an assurance that i dont have to pay 23 bucks for shipping in order to get it in 3 days.

Everything I've gotten from buy.com has taken 3-4 days... same as Newegg.

I've had packages from newegg take over a week (order sunday, get it the monday a week later) Half of it was "processing"

Just saying, nothing is guarenteed...

I bought my 8800 GTS G92 512MB from NewEgg (Crysis included) in January for $339. The fact that its price has dropped so fast is a main reason I'm using eVGA's step-up to get the 9800GX2, now. I don't think I'd get anywhere near what the step-up offers if I waited another few months and tried to eBay my card as I originally planned.

I've never had a problem with Buy.com's shipping speed. In fact, I just ordered a new DKT keyboard from them last Wednesday. They had it listed as backordered for 1-2 weeks, but on Thursday afternoon I got an e-mail from them with a UPS tracking number. It'll be delivered on Monday. That's been typical of my experience with Buy.com.

Everything I've gotten from buy.com has taken 3-4 days... same as Newegg.

I've had packages from newegg take over a week (order sunday, get it the monday a week later) Half of it was "processing"

Just saying, nothing is guarenteed...

Why do i say that?

In the last 2 weeks ive made 3 purchases from newegg ALL OF WHICH i recieved the NEXT DAY :eek: paying almost nothing for shipping.

I bought my 8800 GTS G92 512MB from NewEgg (Crysis included) in January for $339. The fact that its price has dropped so fast is a main reason I'm using eVGA's step-up to get the 9800GX2, now. I don't think I'd get anywhere near what the step-up offers if I waited another few months and tried to eBay my card as I originally planned.

I've never had a problem with Buy.com's shipping speed. In fact, I just ordered a new DKT keyboard from them last Wednesday. They had it listed as backordered for 1-2 weeks, but on Thursday afternoon I got an e-mail from them with a UPS tracking number. It'll be delivered on Monday. That's been typical of my experience with Buy.com.

yeah, i cant resist the 200 dollar price that i get with google checkout... its impossible to resist, especially with crysis considering the game is like 50 bucks... im pretty much getting a double deal here... 50 bucks more towards stepup, free game, and 150 dollar card if you factor the cost of the game i was gonna get anyways... :p

Yea, i got one used for $250 when they were going for $300ish new...then i turned and sold it a week later, good thing i did.

when/if i upgrade in the summer, i'll have sooo many cheap options...i only play CS, so no need to really upgrade HAHA

Back