Buy a new video card?

snyper238

Limp Gawd
Well I have a 6600gt right now and the fan is really loud. And I want to get it replaced.

Should I just get a different cooler for it?
or
I can RMA to rosewill for a replacement that is probably refurbished.
or
Get "current market value" for it from newegg. Then buy a newer better card.

I really want a 256mb card but dont really want to spend money right now but at the same time its a good time to do it.

So which one would be better? I could find a used 7*** series or a new 7800gt.

Would it be worth buying a 7800gt. I wouldnt want to upgrade my card later though.

I have a 3800x2 and 2 gb ocz ram

I gunna say YES, buy the 7800GT. Your 6600 is NOT doing your CPU Justice. And, if you have a SLi mobo, you ALWAYS have the option of future upgrading.

Depends on if your happy now with performance or not. I hav a 6600GT on my work rig and one on my 2nd rig at home. Great cards and oc very well.

Well I am happy but i think i could be happier. I do a lot of video editing and after purchasing this card i heard the more video ram the better.

With video editing what you're looking for is more system RAM. With your video card, you'll be looking at straight gaming performance. In my opinion, judging by how inexpensive the 7800gt is getting, if you're in the market for something more in terms of gaming performance, buy it.

Back