Buy a MacBook Pro (anti-glare) or keep this gaming PC?

Should I buy a Mac or keep my PC?

• Buy the MacBook Pro

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Keep your PC, it's awesome and will last a few years!

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

Hanif

Limp Gawd
Please see below PC specs. I am moving to a new house and I was wondering what I should do. The wife wants me to get a laptop but I like the PC I built too. The Mac may look neater to have in our home whereas the PC would be alot powerful and fun for those days when I feel like gaming (although rarely have time for it).

What should I do? BTW, I use a PC and have an iPad 3 and a MacBook Air 13' from work for work purposes
CPU: Intel i5 2500K Quad-Core overclocked to 4.5GHz
RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Geforce GTX 560 1GB
Storage: 60GB SSD
LCD:
Asus VG236H 23" 2ms 1920x1080 Full HD HDMI multimedia Height & Swivel Adjustable WideScreen LCD 120Hz 3D Monitor
Keyboard:
Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Rapid SGK-4000-GKCL1-US USB or PS/2 Wired Gaming Mechanical Cherry Blue Switches K
Mouse:
Gaming Mouse G500
Operating System: Windows 8 RTM

Case: BitFenix Shinobi MidTower with extra Blue LED BitFenix fan installed
Speakers: Logitech Z623 - THX-Certified 2.1 speaker system
Controller: XBOX360 Wired PC Controller
Mic: Logitech USB MIC

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the fully functional desktop, and buy a cheap laptop or tablet for mobile browsing if you don't have one already. You'll never have as much fun with the macbook as you would with the gaming-rig.

Keep the fully functional desktop, and buy a cheap laptop or tablet for mobile browsing if you don't have one already. You'll never have as much fun with the macbook as you would with the gaming-rig.

If I got a Mac I'd have the whole Apple ecosystem since i have an iPhone 4s too

Last edited:
Yeah I'd suggest keeping the desktop. Just keep your desk area clean and neat in your new house and the desktop shouldn't look too bad! And like someone said, it'll be a lot more powerful. You already have a laptop for work anyway.

I went with the MacBook m never looked back....just don't have the time to game n enjoy a powerful pc

If I need a quick fix, I just use boot camp n game on my mac

yea i bought mine last year, was gonna sell it and get the retina, but it does everything I want it to do and I can get a bigger SSD and bump up the ram and not deal with soldered in ram and hdd with the retina

yea i bought mine last year, was gonna sell it and get the retina, but it does everything I want it to do and I can get a bigger SSD and bump up the ram and not deal with soldered in ram and hdd with the retina

good point

So you are done with PCs? not even custom built ones?

Funny you ask this on a forum FULL of people with high end gaming desktop pc's. What do you expect the responses to be?

You are wasting your money to buy a new computer at this point... in my opinion.

If you want it, buy it and enjoy but it sounds redundant to buy a laptop to replace a decent desktop when you already have an iPad. I guess if space is really at a premium... darn wife acceptance factor...

Last edited:
Back