Buy A GeForce Get Gears of War 4 Free

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA just announced a new promotion that runs until October 30th offering a free copy of Gears of War 4 to anyone that buys a GeForce GTX 1080 or GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card, system, or notebook. The PC game code also gives you the added bonus of a free copy of the game for the Xbox One as well.

I wonder if they'll extend this to those who purchased a Titan X like they did with the previous Titan X and Witcher 3.

This opens up the resale market to the filthy console peasants, too. Thanks, Xbox Play Anywhere!

I was wavering between a Titan XP and the 1080...looks like this just made the decision for me!

Cool that this qualifies for the Play Anywhere program!

I was wavering between a Titan XP and the 1080...looks like this just made the decision for me!

You're kind of doing it wrong. It should be between two 1080s vs titan, not single 1080 vs titan. I'm not even sure how one can decide between 700 and 1.2k?

You're kind of doing it wrong. It should be between two 1080s vs titan, not single 1080 vs titan. I'm not even sure how one can decide between 700 and 1.2k?

SLI is...pretty bad on most of the newer games, and a complete no-show on DX12. I think it's a reasonable thing to want to both stick to a single card, and want to decide if the upgrade from the 1080 to the Titan is actually worth it. I know they're different price brackets, but I'd be looking at the same decision if I hadn't already gotten a 1080. I've done SLI and Crossfire both multiple times, and I'm not doing it again unless explicit multi-adapter really takes off. Way too much headache for something that's supposed to be fun.

On topic: I wish I could have somewhat subsidised my 1080 by pawning off what's likely to be a decent-selling key, but they always do this. Early-adopters get jack, because we're going to buy anyway. Once the initial sales surge stops, it's time to roll out the enticements for everyone else. At least it isn't another "$1 zillion dollars worth of stuff!!!!*"

*Said stuff is worthless shit in some random FtP game you've never heard of and don't care about that we've put an arbitrary price tag on anyway.

SLI is...pretty bad on most of the newer games, and a complete no-show on DX12. I think it's a reasonable thing to want to both stick to a single card, and want to decide if the upgrade from the 1080 to the Titan is actually worth it. I know they're different price brackets, but I'd be looking at the same decision if I hadn't already gotten a 1080. I've done SLI and Crossfire both multiple times, and I'm not doing it again unless explicit multi-adapter really takes off. Way too much headache for something that's supposed to be fun.

On topic: I wish I could have somewhat subsidised my 1080 by pawning off what's likely to be a decent-selling key, but they always do this. Early-adopters get jack, because we're going to buy anyway. Once the initial sales surge stops, it's time to roll out the enticements for everyone else. At least it isn't another "$1 zillion dollars worth of stuff!!!!*"

*Said stuff is worthless shit in some random FtP game you've never heard of and don't care about that we've put an arbitrary price tag on anyway.

It's not about SLI. I just found it hilarious that a single subsidized game could make the difference to spending an extra $500 bucks or not. The issues with mgpu itself are nothing new, always been there. PPL looking to SLI know they have to stick to the games that scale well otherwise you're wasting your investment. SLI 1080s is still faster than a single titan in the games that scale well. Then again, we get a titan to be able to slay the other 98% of the games.

Well, in all seriousness, I'm waiting for the Volta Titan to go from my current SLI setup to a single card.

The deal is funny on two points. It's a bit funny that NVidia didn't include the Titan XP in this promo. You'd think their most expensive card would at least deserve a free game to sweeten the deal. And it's a bit funny that people would make a $700-ish decision based on a free game being included. A free game bundle might make you chose between an MSI 1080 or an eVGA 1080 card for example, but it's not something I would consider when deciding between an AMD or NVidia card.

I am actually surprised folks are not complaining that it requires Windows 10 and the Microsoft store. Well, enjoy the game, whoever ends up getting it. :) No time to play games for me so I will be holding off even though it supports the play anywhere initiative.

I am actually surprised folks are not complaining that it requires Windows 10 and the Microsoft store. Well, enjoy the game, whoever ends up getting it. :) No time to play games for me so I will be holding off even though it supports the play anywhere initiative.

Oh it burns!

Well that sealed the deal for me. Just made use of those $240 EVGA bucks after hesitating for months. Was almost worried it would be the first game I'd miss since I didn't go console this time around and I doubted prices would come down on the PC.

Awesome deal.

Titan owners always get the shaft. That's Nvidia's motto.
If you already have your card you're getting the shaft either way. Plus if you can afford a 1200 card, then a videogame is not much of an incentive to you.

Dammit, I just bought my 1070 last Wednesday, and had a friend who just bought his on Sunday. Should have waited :D

I just got a 1060. Came with that fake money for a free MOBA that no one plays.

Thanks NVIDIA :(

You couldn't get the code if you've gotten the card earlier than the promotion hit date, can you?

You couldn't get the code if you've gotten the card earlier than the promotion hit date, can you?
You can contact the retailer you purchased it from to see if they would be kind enough. Some are more willing than others.

I bought a Titan XP yesterday and I don't think the sweetener of an added game is going to make me return it for a 1080, but I do hate that Nvidia decided to skip the Titan in the promo.

Was holding on the 1070, now I have the incentive!

So you need to buy a card marked as Gears of War 4 GeForce GTX bundle? Key point being that cards available now don't have this bundle available?

Was holding on the 1070, now I have the incentive!

So you need to buy a card marked as Gears of War 4 GeForce GTX bundle? Key point being that cards available now don't have this bundle available?
If it's like the Paragon offer, when you buy a GTX 1070/1080 the retailer will give you a code with the purchase that you can use to get the game.

If it's like the Paragon offer, when you buy a GTX 1070/1080 the retailer will give you a code with the purchase that you can use to get the game.

Yeah except the Paragon offer is bullshit, and Gears is a real game. But yeah the retailer will give you a code to redeem.

AMD right now (yeah I know) is giving away Deus Ex - Mankind Divided if you buy a 6 or 8 core FX chip. I bought a FX-8320E at my local Microcenter, and the code was printed on the receipt. They used to hand out post cards with game codes on them, I guess those days are over (assuming theft was an issue) and now it's all mandated electronically by Skynet.

Yeah except the Paragon offer is bullshit, and Gears is a real game. But yeah the retailer will give you a code to redeem.
Yeah, if I knew that Nvidia was going to change out their promotion shortly to an actual game that I might want to play I would have waited three weeks to buy their video card. I feel for the guys who bought their cards a few days ago.

Yeah, if I knew that Nvidia was going to change out their promotion shortly to an actual game that I might want to play I would have waited three weeks to buy their video card. I feel for the guys who bought their cards a few days ago.

Yup I was 10 days early to the party. No free Gears 4 for me... wah.

I vaguely remember something similar happening with my 970, but I can't remember which game that was... that I didn't get for free.

Back