Butterfly Labs 600GH/s Bitcoin Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jctusmc03

Gawd
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but Butterfly Labs is taking pre-orders for a 600GH/s bitcoin mining card. Has anyone ordered any of Butterfly Labs miners by chance? I've been mining since the beginning, and am now mining with my 7970's, but my 1.4GH/s compared to this 600GH/s card certainly makes it look like the much better option. I have the cash to kill, I'm just not sure if Butterfly Labs is legit?

600GH/s card

Last edited:
They are pretty legit. My friend has the 5 GHZ little miner of there and it mines at it's rated speed. Only downside is that he had to wait a year or so for it to become available due to high demand.

I had thought about purchasing a 5Gh/s miner or two, but Butterfly Labs is still currently working on a 8 month backlog.

So, OP, if you're serious about purchasing, then it might be wise to order now.

I'll just ask because i don't know - what kind of ppd can such hardware get in folding?

These dedicated mining cards/boxes are custom ASICs, correct? Then since it's not an x86 processor or an AMD or Nvidia-based GPU, it can't fold.

Isn't it like a year+ for the backorders to be fulfilled?

IMO too risky because if the complexity increases over the next year to the point where those cards would become much like eruptors?

Eh, yeah, the backlog and the fact this couldn't be used for anything else kind of makes it a killer for me. Who knows what could happen or come out by the time I'd receive this and I messaged BFL and they said once you pay, there's no refund. So I guess I'll go ahead and pass, cool product though for sure. I wish I had about 10 of these powered by solar or a small nuclear reactor or something. :D

Heh, If you had a small nuclear reactor, you could probably make more money selling power than mining BTC...

That's my problem with all of the BFL products. I'm not willing to wait for a product that long and pay that much upfront cost. I would snatch a few in a heartbeat if I could have them tmrw lol. I think 600ghs would pull in about 12k a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back