Busted? Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

NTJedi

Limp Gawd
My system of 2 years had the powersupply die while I popped in a CD into the CD-ROM drive... no other activity at the time. No warning or errors, just everything went black.

Only using one PCI-X graphics card... I keep another spare PCI-X card for testing in a box.

After replacing the powersupply with a new 480 Watt the motherboard boots with a one long beep and two short beeps which says graphics issue, yet when using a different PCI-X graphics card which I know works I still receive the same results. Motherboard never posts and no access to BIOS.

I even replaced the CPU with a good working CPU yet still same results.

A different motherboard using any of my two graphics card and any of my two CPUs and the same two sticks of RAM boots fine without any trouble.

MY QUESTION:

Can anything else be done with this motherboard ... or is it scrap / busted beyond hope?

I dunno if this can be done or not but since its an sli motherboard, have you tried using the 2nd pci-e x16 slot?

Try your ram. I have the same board as you and last year I ran into a simular problem where it gave me one long and two short beeps. It was my ram that was defective.

I dunno if this can be done or not but since its an sli motherboard, have you tried using the 2nd pci-e x16 slot?

Yes, I tried each of the slots yet still no luck for two different video cards.

Try your ram. I have the same board as you and last year I ran into a simular problem where it gave me one long and two short beeps. It was my ram that was defective.

The RAM works fine in my other system... but I haven't tried the other RAM slots in the motherboard.

Thanks for the tips... any other ideas?

Back