Business solution. Please help :(

Dillirium

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone,

before i ask I want to thank you for checking out this thread and thank you for any advice/information you provide.

Okee. So my company is very cheap when it comes down to it. YOu may say.. hey most businesses are cheap and want to cut cost etc. I can't even get exchange, novell etc in here. We're still doing windows sharing !!!

Is there an alternative solution (Linux?) that I can setup to do what Novell and exchange do.. for the most part?

I want something I can have a login script with. I have control of user groups etc just like Novell. Any ideas? I'm sure I can squeeze some money out of them for a cheaper. I"ll never see the $ for novell or microsoft exchange.

Anyways I'm operating with a user count of < 100 people and just want to control access etc.

Thanks again!,

-Dill

There are many open-source server solutions, and Linux with Samba is a good starting point. If you are new to it, I would recomend you find a local Linux guru to set things up for you.

If you feel the need to stick with Windows servers, you may be able to find 3rd party solutions cheaper than Microsoft products, although the server licenses may be unavoidable.
http://www.software602.com/products/

Keep watching Dell, Ive seen some of there way low end servers with sbs2003 for just under $500 every once in a while

I'm a mid level person w/ linux. But I'm not afraid to dive head first into Linux servers. I mean seriously.. how many of you guyz learned everything at school? I say for the most part everyone reading this thread were self taught computer junkies like myself. I'll take a look at Linux w/ samba services.

If anyone has any other suggestions thanks in advance!

-Dill

Back