Burnt DVD playbacks on DVD player stuttering. Encoding problem?

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
In the past every time I try and burn an XVid file to a DVD, the resulting playback on my DVD player is slightly jerky. I use Nero, and I know it has something to do with the framerate issue I've seen talked about on the web, but I have no idea where to begin so any help would be much appreciated. I've been trying to read on up the 3:2 Pulldown, TMPGec, AviFrate and Virtual dub but I'm getting lost in all of it. I'm trying to play them on mySamsung 27" Tube TV (4 years old) and on both my Panasonic R31 and PS2 dvd player with the same results. Just for the record too, I've tried different media. I think I have to reduce the framerate? Thanks in advance for any help! :)

A bit more searching and I solved my problem. For anyone who is having the same issue, get the program Convert X to DVD. http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/
Program works like wonders, converted my movie from it's xvid 23.76fps to the required 29fps needed for my player/tv. It also has a built in burner. Tested a movie and it plays fine now. Very little to no configuration needed unless wanted, as it seems to auto select the settings for you. Works like a charm though! :D

Back