Burnout Paradise

I'm waiting for my rental from Gamefly to get here for the 360.

I generally get the 360 version of multiplatform games. I like the 360 controller more and the online setup. The graphics didn't bother me in the demo.

I never really played the previous Burnouts but a split screen feature is nice for any racing game. Too bad they left it out.

i have it for ps3 and i love it. i live in a dorm and no one likes racing games so no split screen bothers me. ps3 graphics look better to me and i haven't got bored with it yet

i have it for ps3 and i love it. i live in a dorm and no one likes racing games so no split screen bothers me. ps3 graphics look better to me and i haven't got bored with it yet

The only thing I can vouch for between the two on the demo version is that the 360 seems more colorful and vibrant, while the PS3 version seems more muted and perhaps a tad sharper. it's really hard to distinguish, and the reviewers making those claims would have had to have them running side by side to really make those statements, which I'm sure they do.

Just eyeballing them seperately by switching inputs on my Sony, it's a tough call, and the differences are really slight.

I bought this day it came out on ps3 and i love it. The no-retry thing doesn't bother me because when you finish a race there's always plenty more near you to try, i'd rather just be thrown down next to a different style event instead of pulling my hair out retrying the same event over and over.

The game is fun, and the online is seamless and awesome. Only problem is none of my friends bought the game, hook it up with ps3 gamertags or whatever they're called if you guys want to play sometime, we can do some online tournaments and stuff :p

i'm JonnyKtyler

Ok ok alot of talk about PS3 vs 360 blah blah blah. Now onto the important stuff.
Can you still boost jump in this one? :D
I've been a fan of burnout since the beginning. My favorite so far is Revenge. I love checking cars. I would do it in real life if I didn't have to repair my car so often.
If any cops or lawyers are reading this after I get into an accident in the future, I'm just joking. I wouldn't really hit any cars. You guys are so tense and all about your money. Just because someone gets hurt in an accident doesn't mean they deserve millions of dollars. You people suck. I hate you all. I didn't hit that guy. He jumped out in front of my car and fell down after he tripped. I was at a stop sign and wasn't moving. I have witnesses. His witness told 3 different stories to 3 different people. He was an ambulance chaser and thought it was his lucky day. It wasn't.
Ok so look.....

I didn't rush out to get Burnout Paradise because I'm busy. I've been playing COD 4 and TF2 every chance I get which isn't many because I have a GF that's on me all the time about doing work around the house and 2 kids that are always on me talking about "I'm hungry".

Got the game last night. Already got the class B license.

Its a pretty cool game, I think the PS3 version looks great, I don't have a 360 to compare it, so the comparison is a moot point for me. The update for the game wasn't huge either like the one for NfS Prostreet, its only like 13 or 19Mb.

It seems like they tried to keep as true to the last burnouts as they could, with the crash elements, the takedown elements, and the jump/stunt elements. There are jumps around the city that are "super jumps" that you can do stunts off of, like say a parking lot on the side of a mountain will have a ramp that goes to a railroad bridge 300 feet down. The railroad is another thing.. there are no trains (the "DJ" tells you this) so you could take a railroad track for a race and hop off when you need to. No traffic to contend with.

The takedowns can happen in or out of a race. There are cars driving around the city that you can takedown to have it delivered to the junkyard. Also, in a race are different takedowns like a t-bone takedown, a revenge takedown, and a grinding takedown. Those are the ones I've done so far, so I dunno if there are more.

If I am doing a race I already won, or if I am driving around, and I wreck, I often find myself hitting the 'showtime' buttons (l1 and r1) and going into crash mode to just have some fun with the crash. One thing about the crash mode, if you're doing a race and you hit showtime out of habit, you jump out of the race. Thats just something to watch out for, and not really a 'downside'.

Well, i just borrowed this from a friend, and im glad i didnt waste any money on it (or even the bandwidth on the demo for that matter...)

As soon as it opens up, nothing but bad news. A big long intro movie that i cant skip. You know, its a nice thought for someone who has never played a racing game before, but why not let people who have touched a controller once in their life skip it? Doesn't seem to make sense.

And the whole "open city" thing that was a fad and should have died with NFS UNDERGROUND: RIDICULOUSLY HUGE WHEELS EDITION is incredibly annoying. I guess its kind of neat if you just want to dick around, but one reason i liked Revenge so much is it was so easy to jump into a race on my favorite track. Not so, anymore, they couldn't even throw us the bone that Most Wanted did and let us select a race via the map so i didn't need to drive there. I cant even retry the race i just failed without driving back. Was it really that hard to let us choose between pressing a button or driving back?

The graphics would be nice, if there wasn't so much "next gen" bloom that made it look like the camera was coated with a thin layer of vomit colored vaseline. And where the hell is my speedometer? Honestly, this is a racing game. A racing game without a speedometer is like a flight sim without an altimeter. Sure, you can kind of eyeball it....but wouldn't it be nice to know exactly what you are doing, even if its just lip service?

I haven't tried multiplayer yet because there is no split screen, which is a massive disappointment. Some of my best times were had playing drunken split screen revenge with my friends.

On the plus side, the OST is excellent as is par with most EA games. Its a pity the rest of the game is so bad.

I guess i was looking for another burnout game, but what i got was an entirely different racing game that took the burnout name to milk the cash cow that is the entire pre-existing fanbase. Thanks EA, the least you could have done was given the game a new name so i would know not to expect the next burnout.

EDIT

Looks like i cant cancel a race once i started? Lovely. More gametime wasted due to lazy developers instead of just letting me choose what i want to do. Anyways, if i jumped the gun on any of my complaints, please let me know.

Any PS3 owners here want to do some challenges tomorrow? Myself and a buddy are trying to complete the 4 player challenges, but finding two random, competent players who actually want to do the challenges is a PITA. You win a carbon car for completing two sets of online challenges. For example, completing all 50 two player and three player challenges = new car. PM me if interested!

PSN: n350z (myself), friend is pardo2k.

i got this game and my ps3 like 2 days ago with my new 55inch hdtv
its fucken sweet game i love it. Alot of games on ps3 that should be 2 players are not.
like ut3 orange box etc etc anyways
the online is great its seamless this is a awesome 1 player game
great racer!

I love the Gormless/shocked/angry/Fist Shaking snapshots the eyetoy takes of people when you take them down! Bloody Hilarious. The PS3 eyetoy is worth every penny just for this feature alone!

Back