Burnout Paradise Returns With $40 Remastered Edition

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
EA is announcing that Burnout Paradise is coming back with Burnout Paradise Remastered, featuring 4k graphics, 8 player online and offline multiplayer, the full original soundtrack, and the 8 main DLC packs from the original release. The remastered version will run at 1080p 60FPPS on the PS4 and Xbox One, and 4k 60FPS on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. It's releasing for consoles March 16th, and PC "coming soon"

Way to slap me in the face with disappointment EA. I loved Burnout Paradise! Original Soundtrack. hell yeah!! "PC Coming Soon." Damn. Oh well, it will give some time to figure out how EA will manage to shoehorn loot boxes in.

In 2008, the original Burnout Paradise™ came roaring off the starting line ready to demolish the competition. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts, and — most importantly — shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise set the bar for what an action racing game could be. And now, ten years later, it's back and ready to show a new generation of consoles the true definition of a “smash hit.”

This got me really excited at first and then I realized it was just going to be another shitbox cash grab game. I already play the original Burnout Paradise at 4K and it's far from looking bad. I find it very hard to believe they will add anything enough to come close to making the $40 price tag justifiable.

This got me really excited at first and then I realized it was just going to be another shitbox cash grab game. I already play the original Burnout Paradise at 4K and it's far from looking bad. I find it very hard to believe they will add anything enough to come close to making the $40 price tag justifiable.

Wow the original one supports 4k?

I'll wait for the review to see if they screwed it up since its not the original Criterion team. I loved and had pre-ordered it the the first time around on the PS3, and also bought it for the PC as well so I could use my Logitech Force steering wheel.

And maybe, just maybe my wheel will work with the new version....that is if it still works at all, LOL

Holy...Fuck!

I am so stoked for this. I LOVE this game. I am ordering this ASAP.

I don't think this (or most other remasters) are targeted at the PC. Paradise was an 360/PS3 game running at 720p. It's a pretty huge jump up if you have an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. It's at least a sizable bump up for the normal consoles, too. Plus, the improved textures will ensure it isn't just a higher resolution blocky/hazy fest.
Not to mention re-igniting one of the best online games from the last decade.
It isn't as good as a sequel, but it's worthwhile for console owners. The PC version...maybe not so much.

Same here. I am way over these "remasters" where they just slap 4K textures on low-poly assets.

The Shadow of the Colossus Remake on PS4 is how you do a remaster right, and the price was still only $40.

Unless something comes out that is a must have, I'm not buying a game on Origin. All my games are on Steam, all of my friends are on Steam and hey! I want to purchase my PC games on Steam. End of story.

It would be cool if they added new crash physics. This is still a game the kids and I play all the time.

I want to purchase my PC games on Steam. End of story.

Gabe approves this message kids.

gabe_newell_portrait_by_freddre-d4rnffi.jpg

I still play it on the PS3 and I own it on the PC and Xbox 360. I will not be buying it again especially sense I don't own a 4k monitor or TV and even if I did I wouldn't pay $40 for it.

This seems most useful for PS4 players since the PC version obviously still works and Xbox One players can use backwards compatibility to play their 360 copies.

It’s definitely more aimed towards the consoles than the PC crowd (outside of online since EA killed those served years ago didn’t they?).

If you have a console this becomes a much better and more justifiable cash grab. 720 PS3 game now up to 4K 60fps and multiplayer. I’ll be buying it as I never got to play Burnout Paradise until long after the servers were shitcanned. I know it was a fun game online and I think the price is worthwhile for the upgrades and DLC.

On PC, well less so unfortunately

...And then chop it up into a thousand teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, eensy-weensy pieces and sell it to you a teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, eensy-weensy piece at a time with a random drop chance of something "worthwhile" under 0.1%.

There I made your statement more accurate for you!

I enjoyed Paradise more than any other Burnout game.

But come on... a remastered version... it's already a great looking game.

I actually can't believe the game is 10 years old already...

And in 2007 we had the Orange Box, Crysis, Mass Effect, Supreme Commander, Enemy Territory Quake Wars, Shivering Isles, pretty much any major AAA game also supporting 4k on the PC.

I'm just saying its not common knowledge that all these older titles run in 4k.

Oh well, it will give some time to figure out how EA will manage to shoehorn loot boxes in.

Oh, well, that's easy. Completing challenges / wrecks gives you in game currency that can be used to purchase more cars, levels, and gamemodes. Make the cost very very high so users are enticed to gamble their points for a chance to win boxes that contain items (ha ha, right), and "booster" add-ons that last for a limited time. Of course, the easiest way would be to exchange real cash for in-game currency so you can have more spins at the loot boxes.

/EA Exec mode.

I'm just saying its not common knowledge that all these older titles run in 4k.
Well I guess that's how marketing wants it so they can resell you the same game. I want to say something like 90% or more of ANY 3d game on the PC that already runs in widescreen will run in 4k. You know those options to change from 1280x720, 1600x900, 1920x1080, etc.? 4k on PC means you hook up a 4k monitor to it and move it a couple more notches. I guess there is a lot that the games industry doesn't seem to know about what the PC is capable of though. I'm just glad when they don't release games with a puke-vision FOV.

Easily the worst burnout game, open world ruined what is a arcade like experience forcing you to drive to races and no track variety, super boring.

Should remaster some of the older ones that deserved it with multiplayer.

Wish they'd make a new game lol.

But.. have to wait to see what the remaster looks like as compared to the original before making any decisions.

We probably never ever see this remake back on Steam ho well suck to be you any way EA as you done lost me a customer any way alone go LoL.
Note: I'm still Piss off about them not give US PC user Big Surf Island and some other DLC

Last edited:
EA is announcing that Burnout Paradise is coming back with Burnout Paradise Remastered, featuring 4k graphics, 8 player online and offline multiplayer, the full original soundtrack, and the 8 main DLC packs from the original release. The remastered version will run at 1080p 60FPPS on the PS4 and Xbox One, and 4k 60FPS on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. It's releasing for consoles March 16th, and PC "coming soon"

Way to slap me in the face with disappointment EA. I loved Burnout Paradise! Original Soundtrack. hell yeah!! "PC Coming Soon." Damn. Oh well, it will give some time to figure out how EA will manage to shoehorn loot boxes in.

In 2008, the original Burnout Paradise™ came roaring off the starting line ready to demolish the competition. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts, and — most importantly — shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise set the bar for what an action racing game could be. And now, ten years later, it's back and ready to show a new generation of consoles the true definition of a “smash hit.”
Meh. Remake burnout revenge! That was my favorite game in the series.

WOW! EA is stealing from customers yet again. This should be offered for free! $40? HAHAHA! Sucker born every minute.

Ill drop 40 bucks on this day one. So many hours pumped into this.

I may get it but only for half that price. I had so many hours of fun with that game back in the day. Hell, I even bought the original from Gamestop used for $20.

Last edited:
I couldn't notice any visual improvement but hey, it's got REMASTER in its name. EA don't care. Suckers gonna suck

I couldn't notice any visual improvement but hey, it's got REMASTER in its name. EA don't care. Suckers gonna suck

dont know what video you were looking at, but it was a pretty damn nice improvement.

Back