Burnout Paradise PC: can't get transparency AA working

defaultluser

[H]F Junkie
With all the transparent things lining the roads (fences and other surfaces), Burnout Paradise could really use the transparency AA treatment. But when I force Transparency AA from the Nvidia control panel, I get no changes whatsoever in the game.

Game plays fine in every other way.

System specs:

GeForce GTX 460
258.96 WHQL drivers
Windows 7 64

I set Antialiasing Mode to Override, set AA to 4x and TRSSAA. It makes no difference whatsoever in-game. I can still see the interference effect shimmer on transparent textures.

Thank you, thank you and...thank you! TRSSAA works perfectly now :D

I just love buggy console ports. But I never found a thing about this searching Google.

The game itself tells you if AO is on you can't have AA. The AO in burnout paradise is pretty poorly implemented as well... The shimmering you were seeing was likely the bad AO and not any 'lack of AA'. It's not a buggy console port because it's just not a bug.

The game itself tells you if AO is on you can't have AA. The AO in burnout paradise is pretty poorly implemented as well... The shimmering you were seeing was likely the bad AO and not any 'lack of AA'. It's not a buggy console port because it's just not a bug.

Oh, I'm sorry. I bought the game on Steam, and it came with no manuals. And from inside the game settings, it never told me that SSAO would supersede AA when I enabled it.

I did enable the SSAO setting myself - it was not enabled by-default. What can I say, I'm an image quality junkie :D

Oh, I'm sorry. I bought the game on Steam, and it came with no manuals. And from inside the game settings, it never told me that SSAO would supersede AA when I enabled it.

I did enable the SSAO setting myself - it was not enabled by-default. What can I say, I'm an image quality junkie :D

Have you tied enabling Nvidia's SSAO option in the control panel? Doing it that way you should be able to have both AA and AO.

Back