Burnout Paradise Demo tomorrow

I had a lot of fun with the 360 demo of burnout revenge. Might have to pick this one up

yeah I actually really like the 360 demo of Burnout Revenge... Have been looking forward to this!!!!

Mainly developed for PS3 and ported to 360? Wow..that's a switch from the norm.:p Anyway...I'll be playing the PS3 demo first now that Live Silver members have to wait a day or two for new demos. I'm sure the game companies just LOVE that policy.;)

Mainly developed for PS3 and ported to 360? Wow..that's a switch from the norm.:p Anyway...I'll be playing the PS3 demo first now that Live Silver members have to wait a day or two for new demos. I'm sure the game companies just LOVE that policy.;)

Yeah, I noticed that on Fuel of War demo last night...ticks me off (being a Silver user), but not enough to buy Gold;)

I guess it gives Gold members something 'more' for their money, though in a round-about way.

After playing the demo,

I must say,

another freaking great series ruined by EA.

This game is lame, lost everything that was great about BURNOUT to become another shiity generic racing game...

DAMN !

WHEN WILL THIS END !!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE KILL EA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE !!!!

I thought it was pretty good. Not enough to do in the demo, and only the one car (that I've found), but solid anyway. I've skipped the last few versions since takedown, and it's missing something, but I'll be buying it.

After playing the demo,

I must say,

SOMEONE PLEASE KILL EA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE !!!!

I really liked the Burnout series but after playing this demo for 15 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. It really reminded me of a Need for Speed game. Definatly not a launch day purchase for me anymore.

they should make Burnout Underground 2, dawg. i like racing games were you can score mad rep. that would be dope.

I started dling this and popped in a new blu-ray movie that I recently got from the B1G1 deal and when the movie was over it was still at 10%. I was like WTF doesn't it dl in the background? O well sounds like its bad anyway.

The PSN downloads are notoriously slow on Thursdays. I actually started DL'ing that version and it was at 5% after an hour. I canceled it and started the DL on the 360 to find that it was 75% done in 10-15 minutes.
I had to go to bed and haven't tried it yet, but I'm a huge fan of the series. I'm scared EA's making it into what they did with NFS, but I'll keep hope alive for now. The last game on the 360 was pretty stellar, so if it's even 75% of that I'll still get it.

Played the demo for PS3. Eh, I didn't really like it. Takedown and Revenge were better IMHO. I'll probably rent it though.

I like what I've played so far, shows promise...what I do NOT like is that they've taken out split-screen multiplayer...my wife and I love playing Revenge together, and I guess we'll just have to stick with those maps...would have been nice to be able to compete on some fresh maps. It's too bad that in-home multi is going the way of the Buffalo.

I started dling this and popped in a new blu-ray movie that I recently got from the B1G1 deal and when the movie was over it was still at 10%. I was like WTF doesn't it dl in the background? O well sounds like its bad anyway.
I find that PS3 demos usually take 3-4 times longer than the same demo on Xbox Live. And what is up with the demo having to "install" after downloading? I'm not used to that after a year of owing a 360..

Anyways...I am undecided about the game after playing the demo. Seems like a cross between a NFS: Underground/Midnight Club and something like Midtown Madness. It really doesn't feel like a Burnout game, yet that doesn't mean the full game won't be fun. I dunno..

I thought it was a lot of fun taking down other players online. The stunt ramps are pretty cool too. Can't wait for the full version and more people on multiplayer.

The demo was ok. On the plus side we have nice graphics. The crashes are cool, but i wish you could control the camera more. The city is nicely detailed but the textures suck. I also quite enjoyed looking for all the shortcuts and jumps.

On the downside we have pretty crappy sound. Wheres the music?. Most of the time all you can hear is your cars engine.

Maybe the full game will be better.

Little funny things i noticed are that there are literally THOUSANDS of bollards everywhere across driveways and entrances. Obviously the rich dudes in the mansions with 4 car garages prefer to park on the street since they put concrete pillars across the driveway entrance.

The car in the demo has a 10 speed gearbox :eek:. My car upshifted 9 times on a cruise along the highway. Thats nearly as many as the R34 Skyline at the beginning of 2 Fast 2 Furious. Think i counted 15 upshifts on that. :D

Think i'll be picking up Revenge on the cheap for my burnout fix.

Quick question...the DJ mentioned hitting the E-Brake on a jump to do a barrel roll...What button is that on the 360 pad? I tried the regular break, X, B, shoulder buttons...is it just a matter of timing? I have not been able to do the E-Brake roll once.

PS3 personal review:

i enjoyed it quite a bit, it has a good engine on it.

its not 'real life' physics, but they made it very enjoyable, the crashing is awesome too.

the way you log into the online mode is amazingly simple and fast. Actually on the fly to log into online play.

Quick question...the DJ mentioned hitting the E-Brake on a jump to do a barrel roll...What button is that on the 360 pad? I tried the regular break, X, B, shoulder buttons...is it just a matter of timing? I have not been able to do the E-Brake roll once.

The e-brake is the X button on the controller. If you do an e-brake on the ramp, you do a flat spin... that what the DJ mentioned in the game AFAIK. Basically you enter the ramp at high speed and tap on the e-brake when you on the ramp... once you are airborne, your car should be flyin' sideways.

As for the barrel roll, you have to look for a split ramp (it's a high-angled short width ramp) and have one side of the car enter the ramp at high speed to do a barrel roll.

Oh, okay, thanks! I'll give that a try. For the life of me, I could not find a 'controller setup' screen to review the buttons...that's the only one I did not know, though.

my opinion of the demo: ..... f*ck EA

ruining another series. they have essentially turned this game into a tony hawk game with cars. they managed to stray away from everything that revenge did correctly. flat spins, barrel rolls controlled with the left analog stick, if I wanted to do tricks this way, I would load skate or tony hawk. they included 2 events in the demo, 6 billboards and 45 minutes of talking. the rest is drive... crash, watch the cut scene, then drive more. I was really looking forward to this game, time to go through Mass Effect again...:rolleyes:

I dont know if anyone else mentioned this, but on the PS3 Demo it detected my EyeToy and let me take a picture for my license. Pretty cool actually. I dont know if the 360 has the same function with that camera as I dont have a cam on my 360 elite.

I dont know if anyone else mentioned this, but on the PS3 Demo it detected my EyeToy and let me take a picture for my license. Pretty cool actually. I dont know if the 360 has the same function with that camera as I dont have a cam on my 360 elite.

Yeah, they have that feature as well if you have the Xbox Live Vision camera... pretty neat indeed. If you don't have a camera, then your gamertag picture is used instead.

I booted it up, watched about 2-3 minutes of cutscenes and some guy talking that you CANNOT skip, so closed it and deleted it.

I liked it a lot, just want more cars and events, only bad thing was that it's a demo.

my opinion of the demo: ..... f*ck EA

ruining another series. they have essentially turned this game into a tony hawk game with cars. they managed to stray away from everything that revenge did correctly. flat spins, barrel rolls controlled with the left analog stick, if I wanted to do tricks this way, I would load skate or tony hawk. they included 2 events in the demo, 6 billboards and 45 minutes of talking. the rest is drive... crash, watch the cut scene, then drive more. I was really looking forward to this game, time to go through Mass Effect again...:rolleyes:

My reaction aswell

The crashes are spectacular, but the demo felt as if a lot was missing, they should have included more in the demo. I dont really like the whole need for speed free roam feel, i also hate having to find my own route at high speed. Its taken away the whole pick up and play arcade feel as i reckon youll have to learn every street/turn, i am concentrating more on the map than the road. Maybe its because im not used to the game. I hate the tricks level where you have to gain points, by doing e brake spins and jumps. I think i got out the wrong side of my bed this morning!

The crashes are spectacular, but the demo felt as if a lot was missing, they should have included more in the demo. I dont really like the whole need for speed free roam feel, i also hate having to find my own route at high speed. Its taken away the whole pick up and play arcade feel as i reckon youll have to learn every street/turn, i am concentrating more on the map than the road. Maybe its because im not used to the game. I hate the tricks level where you have to gain points, by doing e brake spins and jumps. I think i got out the wrong side of my bed this morning!

I don't think it's just you. I've loved most of the Burnout series but this one seems to lose a lot of what made Burnout awesome -- total carnage. I'm really not sure what EA was thinking when they decided to put in 2 races and a lame event like "Go do some jumps for points". Why didn't they put a crash event in the demo? *shrug* I went from "Can't wait!" to "Probably not buying." after playing this demo.

Say what you want but Burnout was never about realism or even semi realism it was always about pure arcade goodness. So if its a "tony hawk" for cars, then they're doin it right.

Wow. It doesn't totally suck, but it's not Burnout at all. Like others have mentioned, it feels a lot like the last few Need For Speed games.
It's still fast as hell, but there's nothing to it. I liked knocking cars into people, but they're back to insta-killing you at a decent speed. I don't want to drive around in some fake city wasting time and looking for a race. I want 15-20 races, about 40 crash sites, and THAT'S ALL. Ugh.
Might as well just call it what it is - Need For Speed: Burnout.

I am a huge Burnout fan and I was really excited when I saw the trailer for the Paradise demo. Well I downloaded the demo and played through it. I must say I am VERY VERY disappointed with this game. It doesn't play like Burnout at all. I will not be buying this game.

No need for me to list the reasons as I would be reiterating what others have said.:mad:

I am a huge Burnout fan and I was really excited when I saw the trailer for the Paradise demo. Well I downloaded the demo and played through it. I must say I am VERY VERY disappointed with this game. It doesn't play like Burnout at all. I will not be buying this game.

No need for me to list the reasons as I would be reiterating what others have said.:mad:

I felt exactly the same way. I started off playing it and instantly noticed I wasn't as "into" it as previous ones. But, I didnt give up just yet and continued playing through all the available races and drove around a little afterwards also. After all that I still had the same feeling as I did after just a couple minuets of playing. I may rent it to see if I end up liking the full version better, but one huge turn off me is no split screen play. My wife doesn't really play games but for some reason she has loved the Burnout series of games, and for that reason alone I wont get this one as we wont both be able to play it. I think the game looks great but to me it is another EA game that takes what is great and mashes it up into something unrecognizable from the last iteration. I realize that a game cant always stay the same forever but to take out some really key elements IMO is not a good thing either. Anyway thats my .02 on the matter for whats its worth.

I may rent it to see if I end up liking the full version better, but one huge turn off me is no split screen play. My wife doesn't really play games but for some reason she has loved the Burnout series of games, and for that reason alone I wont get this one as we wont both be able to play it.

+1 on that. Aside from Lego Star Wars, this is one of the very few other 360 games that my wife enjoys playing. I understand this whole online gaming thing, but I think it is unfair for developers to cut out the at-home multi demographic.

Definately going to rent first and see what I think of the full version; but the lack of split-screen is huge turn off.

I think the issue with the game is that it's actually not really Burnout. It's an iteration of Need For Speed, only with cinematic crashes. The look, feel, layout, and style of the game are all very much like the last few Need for Speed games. If you like those, you're likely in heaven. The problem is, most people DON'T like those. Most Wanted was the rare gem amongst several complete duds.
I can understand developers not wanting to make the same game over and over again, but rather than do that - they copied another game that's been on a well documented slide.
Burnout Revenge got rave reviews, and I honestly believe most gamers would've been very happy with a clone of that game with new tracks. Seems a lot easier for Criterion to create that rather than this, right?
Oh well, I'll go back to my other games. I can hope that the final is better than the demo, but I don't think they can do a complete overhaul on the game in less than a month.
You can probably lump this game in with the other EA games that get cranked out year after year.

EA just cannot win. People bitch when they keep a game the same with each release and they bitch when they change it.

Feel opposite. I loved Underground2, but I hated the fact that you had to follow the damned arrows. Give me a destination and I will get there myself :). I wish they would let you customize your cars like in NSF, would make this game whole lot better. Overall, pretty fun game, 9/10.

I didn't think the game had a NFS type feel to it. I thought it was more of a Flatout type feel for me. I played the PC version of Flatout extensively. I know there is "Flatout UC" for the 360 but I didn't bite on it. The demo played at like 15 frames per second and I couldn't take it. Graphics looked horrible too. Anyway, in this Burnout Demo, I like it. I'll probably pick it up. The problem with previous versions of Burnout is that there were always definite "marks" you had to hit as you raced around the track. Who ever did that the best and jump boosted the best wins. I hope that this burnout game requires more racing skill. This might be the first burnout that you can actually use a wheel with.

Back