Burning [H]ot: THQ Humble Bundle

I actually thought this bundle would hit at least one million purchases.

Isn't Humble Bundle well known to millions of people? With a deal this good I predicted one million buys. Guess not.

Isn't Humble Bundle well known to millions of people? With a deal this good I predicted one million buys. Guess not.

The highest ever before this was 599,003. So this one has topped that mark.
The highest payments ever is $5.10+M from the same Bundle.

There is also 7 days left on this.

A lot of people aren't interested in smacking people with huge dildos in Saints Row 3 or playing "yet another war game" with Company of Heroes. Then the remaining three titles are chronically on sale and probably already owned if people were interested.

"yet another war game" with Company of Heroes

I wonder how many people overlooked this originally thinking it was a FPS or some other over-saturated genre. If it had been space or fantasy-themed like Starcraft/Warcraft it probably would have sold twice as well. Metacritic still has it ranked as the top RTS of all time, and yet here it is, the most exciting game in a bundle that can be had for as little as $1.

I wonder how many people overlooked this originally thinking it was a FPS or some other over-saturated genre. If it had been space or fantasy-themed like Starcraft/Warcraft it probably would have sold twice as well. Metacritic still has it ranked as the top RTS of all time, and yet here it is, the most exciting game in a bundle that can be had for as little as $1.

IKR, I've already got like 5 of these bundles that I intend to give out to people for Christmas. ;)

I'm glad I skipped to the last page and saw this post because that is exactly what I thought. BF2 was great but got me sooo burned out on real war themed FPSs. I mean if I want to see that crap I'll just turn on the TV. :) Tried to play a couple since then but just can't get into them. Love strategy tho, will have to give it a try.

Thanks for the note.

I'm glad I skipped to the last page and saw this post because that is exactly what I thought. BF2 was great but got me sooo burned out on real war themed FPSs. I mean if I want to see that crap I'll just turn on the TV. :) Tried to play a couple since then but just can't get into them. Love strategy tho, will have to give it a try.

Thanks for the note.

Totally should.

Company of Heroes was absolutely incredible. The game mechanics, with the control of zones and area types was a first and trend-setting, the campaign was fantastic, and the game overall was fun as hell. Anyone who has not tried it, owes it to themselves to give it an outing. It is one of the premium gaming experiences out there. It is Band of Brothers in an RTS.

COH IS a fantastic game. Still a favorite at lan parties after 5 years.

Plus, if you want to make the game "family friendly" turn the speech volume all the way down and no more F-Bombs!

Relic's made some of the most innovative and engaging strategy games ever IMO (Homeworld, CoH...), yet they get so little credit for it when people talk about the best strategy games... When those two games came out I almost expected to see a couple copycats a few years later, but it's like they somehow dropped from the general consciousness in a flash.

NEW GAMES JUST ADDED!! :D

"Titan Quest and Red Faction: Armageddon’s mission pack, Path to War, are now part of every bundle purchase! If you’ve already picked up your bundle, you’ll find Steam keys for this content available on your download page. If you haven’t, name your price and pay over the average when you buy your bundle to get this added awesome stuff!"

Additional games were auto added to my purchase since I originally bid over the average at that time.

Cheers! :D

I played Company of Heroes a long time ago, it was an absolute one of the best game I played. I don't think enough people tried it, amazing game and I was hooked on it for days, lol.

I just got it for the COH pack, have all the Coh mods, i missed it, been playing it non stop, cant wait for coh2, but i gave $10, awesome sale this is, glad i waited plus i got metro 2033 so i am happy

Titan quest is great; but you really need the gold version. The expansion pack is a significant upgrade (both in quest and game feature). The biggest problem I have with this bundle is the only game of interest is company of hero valor; the others I either own (darksiders, titan quest, company of hero, metro 2033) or have no interest (red *). Mind you the pack is a great pack if you don't have most of the games and I highly recommend you pay $20+. Titan quest was (for me) a lot of fun and significantly better than diablo; however it is primarily a single player game.

Even if you were under the average amount, any future games that get added will be included. I gave a "maaaaybe not even going to play these, oh jeez, look at that steam backlog of games" amount, and ended up getting titan quest thrown in. It's an excellent game, but people are right, the expansion adds a lot.

Titan quest is great; but you really need the gold version. The expansion pack is a significant upgrade (both in quest and game feature). The biggest problem I have with this bundle is the only game of interest is company of hero valor; the others I either own (darksiders, titan quest, company of hero, metro 2033) or have no interest (red *). Mind you the pack is a great pack if you don't have most of the games and I highly recommend you pay $20+. Titan quest was (for me) a lot of fun and significantly better than diablo; however it is primarily a single player game.

Even if you have "most" of the games, you can get the ones you dont have for next to nothing. I have ZERO problems with the bundle, especially since the point of the bundle is to raise money for a good cause.

I was hoping for Homefront to be added. I've heard it's terrible, but I'm still semi-interested.

I played Company of Heroes a long time ago, it was an absolute one of the best game I played. I don't think enough people tried it, amazing game and I was hooked on it for days, lol.

Still a very solid following, lots of online games going on and plenty of awesome mods. Should look back into it.

Even if you were under the average amount, any future games that get added will be included...

When I just looked in my inbox and found this out, I almost fell outta my chair: absolutely amazing, and definitely worth the donation! :eek:

Agree that while this has become more of a discussion than a proper Hot Deal thread it should NOT been moved until the HB has expired.

$15 well spent IMHO. Might never play; but at least I have some games that caught my interest. :)

Titan quest was (for me) a lot of fun and significantly better than diablo; however it is primarily a single player game.

Can't really agree with that. I played against my nephews over a LAN connection and it was a lot of fun.

Wonder why they moved it? Still 4 more days left according to the website. Should we start a new thread in Hot Deals so the guys don't miss out?

Yeah I think people should see this deal, I noticed how I can get TQ and RFA. got my codes and got them as well..what a smoking deal this was :)

+1

It's not like the deal has expired or anything.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Game of the Year Edition Added to the bundle

I have not installed any of these dated games from the bundle but I hope they at least support modern 16:10 resolutions. Older games may be good but a lot of time the compatibility options (as well as the game mechanics) feel dated and the squeal is more of the same with updated everything.

I have not installed any of these dated games from the bundle but I hope they at least support modern 16:10 resolutions. Older games may be good but a lot of time the compatibility options (as well as the game mechanics) feel dated and the squeal is more of the same with updated everything.

I don't believe these games are as old as you think...

ya they keep adding games.

More the merrier, but feels like i have enough games now to last me till summer 2013. I am thinking some of them will get the back burner, and may only ever be played by a friend who visits.

Back