Burning Dvds without having to Transcode each time

dwilson041781

[H]ard|Gawd
I use Nero 7 Nero Vision currently. Everytime I make a Dvd I have to transcode the crap all over again... 30mins wasted, anyone use other software that makes a saved image or something so I can just burn without having to transcode each time?

software suggestions please.

also if suggested software doesnt burn, what software would you suggest for burning or can i just use Nero and burn as data dvd? thx in advance.

Transcode WHAT each time... that's the big question. And there are tons of ways to get transcoding done without burning directly as soon as it's done. Why people do that is beyond me because if something goes wrong they typically have to start all over again...

Nero gives you the option to save your work after you make the disc, at least 6 did.

Nero gives you the option to save your work after you make the disc, at least 6 did.

yea i did that saved project after it was done transcoding and burning, then as soon as i loaded saved project, bam right back to transcoding, what a waste of time.

Well that is weird, why don't you use the original transcoded media and rip that into a file on your computer? Or just use something like DVDfab gold to burn the dvd to another dvd?

Well that is weird, why don't you use the original transcoded media and rip that into a file on your computer? Or just use something like DVDfab gold to burn the dvd to another dvd?

ok thats 1 software I will try, thats the thing Ive done this very little and dont know what software is out there, as for some of the media I burn I dont have the original dvd, like a dvdrip(avi etc) from demonoid.

For your next movie, set Nero's burning device to image recorder. Then it will write the DVD to a .nrg/.iso file. Then all you have to do is burn that image file, or for use locally, mount that image file using DaemonTools.

For your next movie, set Nero's burning device to image recorder. Then it will write the DVD to a .nrg/.iso file. Then all you have to do is burn that image file, or for use locally, mount that image file using DaemonTools.

You could copy the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive. Or Nero Vision might have a setting for building the DVD on the hard drive.

Whenever I author a DVD in any program, I look for Create DVD Image or Create DVD Folder... so I can burn it later. I never author a DVD straight to disc.

thx for everyones help got it figured out now with Nero Vision. I used the Write to hard disk folder and Voila I have a VIDEO_TS folder and now I can just burn it multiple times w/o need to transcode again. Thx again everyone.

Back