Burning Crusade CE Fetching $$$ on eBay

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
It appears that Blizzard did indeed make a limited amount of their Collectors Edition package for the upcoming expansion as they are now fetching obscene amounts of money on eBay.

The eBay bonanza of next-gen console auctions was all the rage over the holiday season, with shoppers hoping to snag a hard-to-find Wii or PlayStation 3 and willing to pay extra for the convenience. The console auctions have since settled down dramatically, but now a new gaming product high in demand and low in supply is getting attention in auctions.

Now before I ask this question, I want to preface it by saying I am a WoW player.

With that said, I'm curious as to if anyone purchased the Collectors Edition and if so, was it simply for the murloc pet? (For you non-WoW players it includes a unique pet, which has no bearing on improving your character, just adds a look).

Please feel free to state any reason you bought the CE, I'm just a little curious. :)

I used to play WoW, till it lost all challenge and the simpleness of it all became so clear.

But I honestly think anyone willing to spend that much money on a CE version of a GAME realy has no life. Im sory, my closet is full of CEs of games I picked up cheap a while after being released.

If the CE has no added ingame extra (besides some pet that does nothing for you) Its just somthing that in 7months you will looking for somwhere to store. Do you realy need cards? An art book? arnt you going to be playing the game, look at the artwork then. Hehehehe.

But, if I could get my hands on one I would definately toss it on ebay and rip some Ub3r Geek off.

A fool and his money......

I'm planning on getting it. Mainly for the dragonling pet, but it also comes with the oversized hardcover book of concept art. Assuming its the same quality as the one in the original CE box set, it'll be well worth the RETAIL price. No way I'm paying ebay prices now for something that will be at retail the day its released.

McG

Yah thats what I ment I supose, Retail price is acceptable for the extras. In no way are they worth the 250+ prices people are asking.

Its a murlock pet btw i belive. I think those were those little frogmen in the swamps and stuff

"Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp"

Its the little baby of the ridable mounts. The merloc is what you got if you went to Blizzcon last year. You can still get some of the cards that unlock that pet off ebay tho if you want one. I wish you could kill the merloc pets, I'm a supporter of the Merloc Genocide movement.

McG

I canceled my subscription to WOW 4 hours after I hit 60. I don't have the time for the end game content. I did pre-order the expansion CE to sell on ebay. I saw people paying $300 for beta keys. If people have that much money to spend on games I might as well provide a service for them.

I did this with the collector's editions of the original WoW CE. I bought four extras and sold them on eBay for 1.5-2x as much. The profits essentially paid for my monthly subscriptions for the whole time I played.

Blizzard knew this would happen, as it has happened before (even before the game was as popular as it is now) so I have to wonder why they didn't make more collector's editions to fill that demand.

Back